Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-30-2018, 06:42 AM
Banned

Default hap/hap

I fish a lot of walleye tournaments; sometimes in my boat, sometimes in someone else's boat. In every case there is a requirement that there be two anglers on board so many are looking for a good partner with cash. Some guys are lucky and have a good friend jump in the boat regularly and others struggle to get someone. Some guys fish with their wives so pay all the expenses and share the prize money 50/50, but that is another story...

Five or six years ago there was a man out of Edmonton advertising for a tournament partner on this page but it was stated up front that the boat owner/advertiser would pay a reduced amount for entry fees and gas and accommodation because HE OWNS THE BOAT! That may work for him but not so much for the partner who may be more experienced or has a good track record but is not willing to take home less than half of any prize money while paying the lion's share of the expenses because the other fella has a bigger boat.

More often than not, the aforementioned tournament angler has a different partner whenever I see him. Try fishing without a partner at all or with a guy that can't tie his shoes, never mind an Albrieght knot. A friendly partnership never develops and the fun goes out of it for both guys.

Free
Old 04-30-2018, 11:02 AM

Ok. What do you need help with? Are you looking for a partner with a boat or just a partner?
Or complaining cuz you cant get a good partner?
Or is this meant to be educational?
Entertaining?
???

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.

Last edited by huntsfurfish; 04-30-2018 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:19 AM

Yes had me scratching my head

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2018, 11:49 AM

If you provide the boat and entry fees I'll help catch the winning fish

I have thought about trying a tournament out, I just wish we had more tournaments with more reasonable entry fees.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:47 PM

Sounds like a rant. Everyone is entitled to one. I’ve never had the partner problem , always fished with my dad. Through the good and the not so good , couldn’t imagine doing it without him. We’ve slowly dropped our tournament numbers and finally with mom being sick we didn’t send our entry in for premiers cup. It’ll be the first one dad has missed since entering in its second year. Sad day , realizing we all get old.