Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-04-2012, 10:45 AM

Like others said, I would assume that if someone comes right up, says nothing, and sets up pretty much right on top of you that they're trying to make you leave. You'd think that if you were set on fishing in a certain spot and someone was already there you would just ask them if they minded you fishing in the same area, but still maintaining a respectful distance.

I've never had problems on the ice. I have had some heated moments at boat launches. At Maligne lake you can really only launch one at a time, you have to back down the road to the launch. Most people set up at the top, wait their turn, launch quickly, and drive back up to park allowing the next guy to go. Some people back down to the launch and block it, then spend the next hour or so setting up their gear, all while there is a line up of people up top waiting to launch. I confronted one guy about this and he said "Hey man, the boat launch is for EVERYBODY!" This caught me off guard because that was what I was trying get across to him. Some people....
Old 02-04-2012, 11:25 AM

I would have lost my mind..........there would be some people going for "ice naps"
Old 02-04-2012, 11:33 AM

Kind of a pain, but I take an old dishsoap bottle and fill it with food coloring and water. After I drill my holes I give a squirt by each one to identify them as "mine". Anyone ignoring the simple "blue holes are taken" comment will have to deal with me rummaging through their vehicle and eating their lunch. After all, they insisted that we "share our stuff".
Old 02-04-2012, 11:13 PM

I like the truck-parking method...genius!

I would also be tempted to walk right over to where they are setting up, whip it out and take a leak all around the place.

Then calmly zip up....say "Ahhhhhhhh...that's better. Beautiful marnin', ain't she?"

And go back into my tent.

"There seems to be alot of urinating in breakfast cereal around here." - Rackman, 2010

"It is true, there are dead beat dads out there, and there are thousands of dead beat moms too, who live off the efforts of good men trying to do the right thing." -KegRiver, 2011

"You have social media to thank for turning everyone into self-righteous know-it-alls.." -random internet dude, 2015
Old 02-04-2012, 11:17 PM

if Im fishing with friendS, I dont care how close we fish, but for strangers to pull up and snuggle SHE better be pretty damn fine. or have a big baggie!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 02-05-2012, 11:24 AM

This happened to me yesterday. I was first on the lake early in the morning and three people showed up in a car and parked right next to me and basically surrounded me. I was ****ed off at first but by the time I left I had out fished the three of them by a long shot, they couldn't catch a thing.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by college-fisherman View Post
This happened to me yesterday. I was first on the lake early in the morning and three people showed up in a car and parked right next to me and basically surrounded me. I was ****ed off at first but by the time I left I had out fished the three of them by a long shot, they couldn't catch a thing.
I love it when that happens. and if they ask you what you are using lie! tell them raisins.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 02-06-2012, 06:11 AM

It takes all kinds.. Some definately need to do some research on etiquette...

We were fishing up north and a guy came by in his canoe, about 60 feet from shore in front of us.. There was plenty of other places to fish (as it is a good sized lake), but this guy decided to pull up right in front of us...Dad asked how his fishin was going.. He said ok... Dad said, well then head back to where it was better, it's a big lake.. The guy said whatever, he could fish where ever he wanted... Dad asked how easy it would be to paddle his canoe to shore with two holes in it? The guy said what does that mean.. Dad said wait and see and headed for the truck.. The guy reeled up and paddled off...