Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-01-2015, 05:49 PM

Default Mountain biking Bragg creek

Just starting to get back into mountain biking...was wondering if anyone has rode moose mountain at all? And if somebody can point me in the right direction ie directions and which trails best for a guy that hasn't rode in 5 years
Old 08-01-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big pete View Post
Just starting to get back into mountain biking...was wondering if anyone has rode moose mountain at all? And if somebody can point me in the right direction ie directions and which trails best for a guy that hasn't rode in 5 years
Probably going to fall on deaf ears here...

But check out trailforks.com and check out the area. West brsgg Creek is probably the busiest, but I find it has the best xc/all mountain style riding (ie.riding up/down). Moose tends to get more shuttlers due to the proximity to the road, but u can definitely ride up the majority of trails, as long as you are paying attention. Moose mountain has more technical trail features (ie. Man made). All of the trails are very well marked.

Do yourself a favor and pick up bear spray, there's been close encounters (~200m), and lots of cub/mom spottings. No attacks or charges though.

Lots of great riding out in the area though. I usually end up riding in fish Creek due to time, or lack of.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:56 PM

Right on thanks JB I will most definately be carrying bear spray
Old 08-01-2015, 09:05 PM

I usually head out to station flats. Haven't been out there since the flood, but there are some good loops around there, with lots of options to make them shorter or longer.

calgary mountain bike alliance has a link to trail maps, descriptions and conditions.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:22 AM

Oh, and I forgot to mention the pinkbike forum, check out the regional forums for a great trail conditions. And calgary cycle does a great weekly ride (weds) and they are very good at not leaving anyone behind.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:35 PM

Anyone from the calgary area interested in going out for a rip one evening this coming week? Pm me if interested