Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-27-2014, 01:29 PM

Default RCMP making criminals of Canadians again

Canada's National Firearms Association
Daily Media Report

Swiss Arms Confiscated

Effective 10:00 pm eastern tonight the RCMP has reclassified the Swiss Arms Classic Green carbine from non-restricted (and restricted) to prohibited status. There are approximately 1,000 -1,800 of these firearms in the public. The government will not be offering compensation and will be demanding that the firearms, which cost between $3,000 - $4,000 be surrendered. The government is suggesting that all affected firearms owners contact the distributers from which the firearms were purchased for reimbursement.

The NFA encourages all affected owners to contact their federal Member of Parliament.
This is part of an ongoing agenda of the RCMP to progressively prohibit firearms in Canada.

Under Bill C-68, the firearms classification system was supposed to be updated regularly to prohibit firearms being introduced into the market, as well as those already in Canada.

The Government of Canada was supposed to assist in this with periodic new legislation and Order in Council (OIC).

The RCMP have been doing this unilaterally since 2006.
Access to information records show that RCMP have an aggressive firearms reclassification agenda, and that prohibitions will not stop with the Swiss Arms Series Rifles.
These rifles were approved for import by the RCMP have been sold in Canada for over a decade. Owners once held registrations for them under the now defunct long gun registry.
There has never been a crime or incident of violence committed with one of these rifles.

NFA condemns this RCMP assault on the rights and private property of law abiding Canadians. The RCMP has shown contempt for the rights of Canadians by their actions, and we expect the Government of Canada to take steps and introduce measures to reign in the RCMP and end the assault against the rights, property and freedoms of Canadians.

For more information contact:
Blair Hagen, Executive VP Communications, Blair@nfa.ca
Sheldon Clare, President, Sheldon@nfa.ca
Canada’s NFA – info@nfa.ca
NFA Website: www.nfa.ca

In defence of freedom
Old 02-27-2014, 01:32 PM

http://outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=210689
Sit back
Pour yourself a tea

Watch us "sportsmen" attack each other and destroy ourselves from within.

From road hunters vs "real hunters" to bowhunters vs rifle hunters, long bows and recurves vs compound user to bow vs crossbow to white hunters vs Native hunters etc etc etc

Enjoy the easy ride, anti hunters. Strange to me why we seem to be doing your job for you.

Excuse me while I go puke.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:36 PM

Harrumph! And you guys thought Toronto born Harper was going to put a stop to all of this!

Any aspiring your entrepreneurs on this board? Start an approved shooting range that you have to cross a lake by boat to get too.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:50 PM
Banned

you would think that the rcmp would at least "grandfather" the existing owners and outlaw future sales of this now prohibted weapon, as they have done with other firearms that were reclassified from restricted to prohibited.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:43 PM

Weren't two threads enough?
Old 02-27-2014, 03:29 PM

What if it is one of your gun collection next ?
Old 02-27-2014, 03:49 PM

Since when do the police make the laws?

I thought that was the job of the legisature or parliament.

Scary.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
So sorry, el kunter , Moderators please remove my post it seems to offend the guys that spend their lives on the forum.

I thought it may have been important to some who don't go back 2-10 days on forum comments.

The other two threads have been very active today
Old 02-27-2014, 06:14 PM
Banned

Old 02-27-2014, 06:35 PM

Do something about it.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-27-2014, 06:35 PM
Banned

And Cukier, Rock, and Justin are laughing their heads off while their little puppet Harper does their work for them.

Sort of shows how Harper hates western Canada. Just like the rest the easterners.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:44 PM

Link to petition here. Its a start

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...uses-c-68.html
Old 02-27-2014, 06:46 PM
Banned

I would have thought organized gun clubs would start becoming political given the RCMP objective of having them all shut down.

Nope. Too spineless to try to even get on the executive of the local constituency.

Bas Ba Baa

One sheep at a time.

There is a guy named Young in the NFA. I thought he was once a parliamentary secretary.

Why can't he help gun clubs become polictical?
Old 02-27-2014, 07:09 PM

I signed
Old 02-27-2014, 07:14 PM

Signer #1254
Old 02-27-2014, 07:49 PM
Banned

signed
Old 02-27-2014, 07:52 PM

Signed
Old 02-27-2014, 08:08 PM
Banned

I signed it. I'm never giving up any of my guns ever. They will work hard to find them. If they ever do
Old 02-27-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
So sorry, el kunter , Moderators please remove my post it seems to offend the guys that spend their lives on the forum.

I thought it may have been important to some who don't go back 2-10 days on forum comments.
Exactly - thanks Commandant

signed
Old 02-27-2014, 08:31 PM

signed

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 02-27-2014, 08:39 PM
Banned

Cool

This is tough to call. is the chassis a converted fullauto mil arm (as has been suggested in article) or is the rifle a purpose built semi auto.
If as has been alleged a fullauto conversion slipped through the system. is it not reasonable that others may have ? It would appear if as alledged the rifle in question is a few parts from fullauto .
Saying they "just " reclassified the rifle is not quite the facts now is it lads . There is a rhyme and reason behind the reclassification if as alleged the rifle never really fell inline with legislative outlines.
Yes grey the world is in league to over throw western canada ??? Now even the prime minister is joining the league. Lol
Old 02-27-2014, 08:46 PM

Signed.
First high river, then this?
Even the best guard dog needs a leash.
CPC: lose your base, lose your power.

It's never been about the Earth. It's always been about power. Limit the resources, decree that limited resources must be state controlled - power.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:03 PM

I am afraid to sign lest they track me down. After the loss of freedoms and spying in the US and apparently Canada do I want to give them ammo? Where is this ****e going to end?
Old 02-27-2014, 10:14 PM
Banned

Time to WAKE the hell up.. The goverment NO LONGER works for you or I.. We work and slave for FAKE greedy ass politicians that are really no more trust worthy then the common Crack addict.. Either start standing up for your rights and freedoms or prepare to be stripped!! I can tell u my stance.. I am tired of these sucking leeches, and the day they want my guns, is THE DAY war will break out in my area.. COME and GET my guns you Communist bastards.. try it i would rather stand for something then fall to the globalist bastards... Think of your children's furture...THiNk..WAKE THE PUCK Up
Old 02-27-2014, 10:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browning Sharpsh00ter View Post
Time to WAKE the hell up.. The goverment NO LONGER works for you or I.. We work and slave for FAKE greedy ass politicians that are really no more trust worthy then the common Crack addict.. Either start standing up for your rights and freedoms or prepare to be stripped!! I can tell u my stance.. I am tired of these sucking leeches, and the day they want my guns, is THE DAY war will break out in my area.. COME and GET my guns you Communist bastards.. try it i would rather stand for something then fall to the globalist bastards... Think of your children's furture...THiNk..WAKE THE PUCK Up
I'm withy you. Taking my guns is theft. I will defend my home fiercely from thieves
Old 02-27-2014, 10:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
This is tough to call. is the chassis a converted fullauto mil arm (as has been suggested in article) or is the rifle a purpose built semi auto.
If as has been alleged a fullauto conversion slipped through the system. is it not reasonable that others may have ? It would appear if as alledged the rifle in question is a few parts from fullauto .
Saying they "just " reclassified the rifle is not quite the facts now is it lads . There is a rhyme and reason behind the reclassification if as alleged the rifle never really fell inline with legislative outlines.
Yes grey the world is in league to over throw western canada ??? Now even the prime minister is joining the league. Lol
no, they have simply said it's prohib because its a variant of the sg550, which is banned by name. not that is capable of being made, or was ever a full auto..

the entire firearms act is a joke, i can't have an MP5 because it was in Jane's book of scary guns in 1990, but i can own the UMP or the MP7 which are basically the same thing because they came later..

i hope this is the thing that finally unites everyone and we push for real change..
I have written 3 letters today demanding the conservatives live up to their promise to scrap c68..

if this bs continues its a sad day for canada, it appears we have a police force who hold more power than the government.. wasn't the rcmp commissioner just on the news recently saying he wanted to prohib everything he could.. hello, go back to dealing with crime and leave law making to those we elect.

Last edited by crunchiespg; 02-27-2014 at 10:43 PM. Reason: grammar fail.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:28 PM
Banned

Typical Canadian,..to scared to help rock the boat ^^^
meant for post #24
Old 02-27-2014, 10:30 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burglecut83 View Post
I'm withy you. Taking my guns is theft. I will defend my home fiercely from thieves
Have you actually studied why the rifle has been reclassified. ? There is some background info , if you care to look. Not saying I support the decision , further investigation is required. One has to ask why a semi auto would go for 3-4 g convertability ??
Old 02-27-2014, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchiespg View Post
no, they have simply said it's prohib because its a variant of the sg550, which is banned by name. not that is capable of being made, or was ever a full auto..

the entire firearms act is a joke, i can't have an MP5 because it was in Jane's book of scary guns in 1990, but i can own the UMP or the MP7 which are basically the same thing because they came later..

i hope this is the thing that finally unites everyone and we push for real change..
I've wrote 3 letters today demanding the conservatives live up to their promise to scrap c68..

if this bs continues its a sad day for canada, it appears we have a police force who hold more power than the government.. wasn't the rcmp commissioner just on the news recently saying he wanted to prohib everything he could.. hello, go back to dealing with crime and leave law making to those we elect.

Great post, Crunchie.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:43 PM
Banned

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Do something about it.
We certainly will.

You stay over there with the women and children

Good info laid out here:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...fication-Forum

RCMP prohibit Swiss Arms rifle

Canadian firearms advocates push back against the RCMP's decision to reclassify the Swiss Arms Classic Green Carbine rifle as a prohibited weapon

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Politics/ID/2439743206/