Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-16-2024, 06:34 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
Bad people do bad things. It’s a tale as old as time.
Exactly, only now we get the information right away, just gotta sort through the bs.

Simply put people kill.

As Elk indicated we just got systems in place to allow this to happen with little to no Consequences other then excuses....death penalty comes to mind in many cases but I know they were good people just trying to correct their ways

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-16-2024, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
Most of the media reports I read of this matter described the Palestine sticker on the rifle. The MIL is claiming this incident had nothing to do with Judaism/Islam but that Moreno has a long history of mental illness, schizophrenia.

“We asked for help from (Child Protective Services). … We asked for help from police and received it many times but she was still allowed to own guns,” Walli Carranza said.

Carranza is the MiL, can find her postings on Facebook

Neighbors of Moreno claim they've tried to sound the alarm about her but nothing was ever done
I suspect no mental help available through government. Lots of government departments etc but they don't actually help anyone or actually do anything.
A friend was telling me about a guy he knew in Alberta who called one of those government crises hotline numbers. He just lost his guns and PAL and that was end of his help.
So if she,he had schizophrenia and was hearing voices. Why couldn't he,she hear voices saying look for ways to help other people, be kind,etc?
I used to do work with equipment far away from home that I had to arrange park my equipment in this woman's yard at night. I did this for a few years. I strongly suspect this woman had schizophrenia. I never was worried about her. She lived alone on her farm that she rented out and did a lot of volunteer work for schizophrenia outfit in Calgary and dogs and cats at rescue in town. Was a kind hearted woman and I always enjoyed talking to her.
I still think earth as more of a spiritual battlefield.