Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-16-2024, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Oh common! Once I turn 80, I am going to start snorting like a horse! What do I have to loose?! At least I will be going out of this life with a bang! add some magical blue pill- and the life can’t be better!
With a diaper full of my own poop I will be so high that I would think it is a nice warm ocean!
Its kind of like smoking tobacco. Years ago everyone smoked. I used to smoke. I used to be a logger. Everybody smoked. Was basically a culture.
Now a days its different. Culture has changed. Knowing what we know. Health, taxes,can't smoke anywhere plus if you do smoke tobacco it kind of casts you out of society. Why would anybody in right mind start smoking tobacco now a days? And I used to be a smoker.
That's what I mean about street drugs. Is it all from wrongly prescribed drugs that start addiction or something else.
Trying to get drugs off of street is like trying to keep guns out of people's hands. Good luck.
These friggen drones you would think would just completely screw over idea of customs controlling what crosses border
Old 02-16-2024, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Oh common! Once I turn 80, I am going to start snorting like a horse! What do I have to loose?! At least I will be going out of this life with a bang! add some magical blue pill- and the life can’t be better!
With a diaper full of my own poop I will be so high that I would think it is a nice warm ocean!
Thanks for the morning laugh. I'm almost there.
Old 02-16-2024, 12:04 PM

Well sure it is! I used to smoke too. Quit in 2004. Why? Because I was finally convinced that it may kill me. That it’s not good for my health. Because my wife and daughter who never smoked were telling me that they still need me alive.
Because smokes were getting more and more expensive. Because I couldn’t smoke anywhere but outside.
The same thing needs to be done with drugs. Education will be equal to eradication. Instead of teaching kids about the rainbow people- they should focus on drugs and how bad they are. With real life examples. A trip to the jail. To a rehab Center. Where kids can see the real life zombies. That will work.
I did this to my daughter when she was 10 or 12… Took her to the downtown and went for a drive…. Drove by the shelters etc. asked her if we should go inside for a closer look. She was silent all the way back home. And guess what? She never tried any of these crap in school even thou she was offered many times.
Old 02-16-2024, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
That's what I mean about street drugs. Is it all from wrongly prescribed drugs that start addiction or something else.
Trying to get drugs off of street is like trying to keep guns out of people's hands. Good luck.
These friggen drones you would think would just completely screw over idea of customs controlling what crosses border
SO CLOSE!

Having done Duty Counsel with pasty white shaking and chattering people in Remand Center since 1991, most of these heavy out of control users participated in the drug culture as teen agers and younger, and often grew up in homes where the parents were heavy drinkers / drug users.

Wrongly prescribed drugs is a fraction of the addicts, because that suggests a healthy person to start with. That could only happen with someone with an addictive personality that suddenly starts using drugs after some pain incident.

Addictive personalities means addicted to everything under the sun, whether it be gambling, drinking, smoking, etc, and then drugs. Its about getting kicks and the kicks just keep getting harder to find.

Somehow Society wants to find an answer, and accepts blame from people who only have themselves to blame. They knew what the drugs did, they liked it, they continued it. End Of Story. IT is not Society's fault.

As for getting drugs into Canada, it is as easy as walking over the border in a rain storm or a snow storm or swimming in a cross border river with a sealed backpack. Very hard to detect. The Drone idea has been one upped. There was a helicopter tour company that flew the Columbia River Valley some years ago. On a bad weather night they flew Pot in Duffle bags low on the river, and dropped the goods in a cut block on the US side. The Money was paid by a holder on the Canadian side of the Border once the backpack was opened and the contents verified. $1200 a Kilo for BC Bud.

All was going well. The Heli fleet was expanding, the Owners were prosperous, and one dark and stormy night a power line over the Columbia was run into, and the delivery was found in the wreckage. No one had a clue up to that point or even suspected a thing.

The BC Experiment of the Government becoming the Dealer at the Tax Payer's expense is a failure. The Users just keep using and dying and they keep on getting subsidized by the Tax Payer. Organized Crime is the only victim in that experiment.

As for keeping drugs off the street, no one can, no matter what resources are thrown at it. The best we can hope for is some degree of control.

So even if the CDSA Charges are thrown out, the Dealer still feels the heat.

Drewski