Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-13-2013, 04:52 PM

Default Perch at obed lake

I was at obed lake on sat. Fished all day. Got some perch but not one keeper size.not one person I asked had any luck.can anyone share any tips on what and where depth structure.i want to try again soon. Please help.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:05 AM

if you look on google maps 'satellite' image, instead of map, at obed lake you will see where the deep channel runs. The rest of the lake is pretty shallow. Try running a 4 to 6 inch trout colored rapala over the channel. Or a streamer if trolling with a flyrod. Some people think the next record Brown will come from Obed once more. A few past brown trout records were caught in Obed. I believe the latest brown trout record is from Swan Lake by Rocky mountain house.

As for the perch, not sure whats best. I would try a variety of colored jigging hooks and maggots or worms.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:13 AM

Default Obed lake

Thanks I'll try this weekend I'm gonna camp out so I'll be able to fish early and late.ill post my results.ive looked at google and will have it in the boat to help work the channel.im gonna bring the fish tv to check out the fish I see on the hummingbird.

Tags
obed lake, perch