Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-28-2014, 08:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
This is tough to call. is the chassis a converted fullauto mil arm (as has been suggested in article) or is the rifle a purpose built semi auto.
If as has been alleged a fullauto conversion slipped through the system. is it not reasonable that others may have ? It would appear if as alledged the rifle in question is a few parts from fullauto .
Saying they "just " reclassified the rifle is not quite the facts now is it lads . There is a rhyme and reason behind the reclassification if as alleged the rifle never really fell inline with legislative outlines.
Yes grey the world is in league to over throw western canada ??? Now even the prime minister is joining the league. Lol
Who cares? The police arbitrarily are making law. They classified it in the first place. Every gun should be legal. The criminals are the people who use the inanimate objects wrongly.

Blame people not guns.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:15 AM

a law is only enforceable if it is complied

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 02-28-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recce43 View Post
a law is only enforceable if it is complied
It will be interesting to see how many will turn in firearms worth thousands of dollars if no compensation is given, not that compensation is the issue.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:51 AM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I have actually handled these firearms, and I do know that they are manufactured from more than TEN PARTS. Perhaps you should find one, and completely disassemble it, and count the parts, before making more assinine comments.
Hmmm yes the firing switch assembly may contain more parts but ill bet the farm it comes complete with the correct part # . Imo a semi auto rifle 10/22 has no selector switch . You guys love the band wagon, look back a few posts im not saying I support the reclassification.
Imo you wanna carry mil arms get the training I and thousand of others had to achive to carry one .
Ten parts http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...e-p1000529.jpg
Old 02-28-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
Do yourselves a favour and stop puzzling so hard about why the rcmp made this ruling. It has nothing to do with the function of the gun. Canadian firearms laws are completely arbitrary. They only give those reasons of classification to use space on the document.
It would have bad optics if they wrote their actual reasons.
The real reasons would include things like:
"It looks more scarier than my gun"
"People would enjoy this gun. Can't have people getting into guns"
"There are lots of these, and by banning them, we're taking guns out of circulation"
"Its a gun. Regular people don't need guns"

They want to take guns out of civilian hands.
They've already decided which ones they are banning, and coming up with their "reasoning" second.
Well said.

It's never been about the Earth. It's always been about power. Limit the resources, decree that limited resources must be state controlled - power.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Hmmm yes the firing switch assembly may contain more parts but ill bet the farm it comes complete with the correct part # . Imo a semi auto rifle 10/22 has no selector switch . You guys love the band wagon, look back a few posts im not saying I support the reclassification.
Imo you wanna carry mil arms get the training I and thousand of others had to achive to carry one .
really ? not you can turn almost any .22 semi into a automatic . and don't ask how i know . fish gunner you might as well join the anti's .
The ar 15 is not a prohib weapon in canada it has a selector switch and can easily be made full auto so whats your argument .....
And by the way i have fired many rifles and semi and full from my military career and civie life also besides doing infantry then weapons tech in the reseves and armour in the regs

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 02-28-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Having lurked here for years, I am quite confident that I have yet to read a post of yours that added any value to a conversation.

You are an Anti at heart who thinks that just because you served you are somehow special. I will tread lightly as to not insult the intelligence of all the armed forces members out there but lets just say the military isn't recruiting astronauts and brain surgeons to join the infantry.

And for what its worth, almost any gun with a cocking/charging handle can be turned into a full auto with a shoestring...

now wheres that ignore button located?

J
Old 02-28-2014, 09:21 AM

lol and here i have been telling my son i was a rocket scientist, oh but i went armour

Old 02-28-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Thank you Blair for the information!
Guys like El Kunter just don't get it! Next gun banned could be our Ruger 10/22 because they can be messed with to make it full auto with a 30 round banana clip.
Wake up all fire arms owners.

El Kunter stay off thread and go to the other two you have visited

Just saying
I have probably been as active as you, if not more, to work to overturn our ridiculous firearms laws . My point was, that we could concentrate our efforts in one thread, instead of flooding the forums with multiple threads.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
lol and here i have been telling my son i was a rocket scientist, oh but i went armour
I apologize recce if you took offense to my comments.

I am just tired of hearing this banter that only the mil/leo should have access to this or that and that they are the only ones competent enough to handle these weapons.

I shoot every week without fail, I can guarantee I put more rounds down range every year than the average mil/leo. I have a substantial collection of firearms that I adore and I am licensed and trained to use them.

The laws that govern these weapons are so flawed. Opinion and personal agendas have no place in our legal system.

Case in point, these swiss rifles, I have yet to see any FACT that makes these firearms any more dangerous than any other.

With "10 parts" I can turn my truck from 450HP to 800HP
With "10 parts" I can turn the 20lbs of gunpowder I have into a bomb"
With "10 parts" I can probably turn most things into something far more dangerous than what they started life as...

All I know is that if we don't stand together and fight these ridiculous laws today, its only a matter of time before they come after something else.

J
Old 02-28-2014, 09:54 AM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jip911 View Post
Having lurked here for years, I am quite confident that I have yet to read a post of yours that added any value to a conversation.

You are an Anti at heart who thinks that just because you served you are somehow special. I will tread lightly as to not insult the intelligence of all the armed forces members out there but lets just say the military isn't recruiting astronauts and brain surgeons to join the infantry.

And for what its worth, almost any gun with a cocking/charging handle can be turned into a full auto with a shoestring...

now wheres that ignore button located?

J
Excellent so in fact you add nothing to this thread then just toss up some insults ...nice. Yes serving makes some one special , do you know the Japanese word for sevice. The willing mess to sacrifice for what you belive in makes some one in todays world head and sholders above the self absorbed.
I onther other hand will not and will never ignore any poster as the may add something at some point to some conversation .
If you look or post on the fishing section you will find hundreds of helpful infomative posts . However as a lurker I suspect thats below your mo.
Thanks for your input wow im I glad I went armour.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I have probably been as active as you, if not more, to work to overturn our ridiculous firearms laws . My point was, that we could concentrate our efforts in one thread, instead of flooding the forums with multiple threads.
Excellent Point EH11:

Mr. Moderator is it possible to put everything into one thread?
Old 02-28-2014, 10:13 AM
Banned

Cool

Quote:

I am just tired of hearing this banter that only the mil/leo should have access to this or that and that they are the only ones competent enough to handle these weapons.

I shoot every week without fail, I can guarantee I put more rounds down range every year than the average mil/leo. I have a substantial collection of firearms that I adore and I am licensed and trained to use them.

The laws that govern these weapons are so flawed. Opinion and personal agendas have no place in our legal system.

Case in point, these swiss rifles, I have yet to see any FACT that makes these firearms any more dangerous than any other.

With "10 parts" I can probably turn most things into something far more dangerous than what they started life as...

All I know is that if we don't stand together and fight these ridiculous laws today, its only a matter of time before they come after something else.

J
ill bet you your truck . You'd be lucky it would move with ten parts .
Old 02-28-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
So sorry, el kunter , Moderators please remove my post it seems to offend the guys that spend their lives on the forum.

I thought it may have been important to some who don't go back 2-10 days on forum comments.

FYI: Bumping an existing thread with a comment of you own accomplishes the same thing. How's the view from up on that high horse?
Old 02-28-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Excellent so in fact you add nothing to this thread then just toss up some insults ...nice. Yes serving makes some one special , do you know the Japanese word for sevice. The willing mess to sacrifice for what you belive in makes some one in todays world head and sholders above the self absorbed.
I onther other hand will not and will never ignore any poster as the may add something at some point to some conversation .
If you look or post on the fishing section you will find hundreds of helpful infomative posts . However as a lurker I suspect thats below your mo.
Thanks for your input wow im I glad I went armour.
To be perfectly honest, My interests in the outdoors do not include fishing, so I don't visit that forum often.

I have read many of your posts on firearms and it is clear how you feel about the average citizen owning anything more than a musket, and that only mil/leo should have access to anything else.

As far as being "special" goes, it was by no means a plug at you serving your country, that in fact does make you very "special" It doesn't make you any more "special" than me when it comes to owning or handling firearms.

I would gladly entertain a conversation via PM to understand your position on why you think we need to further erode the rights of law abiding firearms owners because they are lowly citizens and not past or present serving members.

J
Old 02-28-2014, 10:38 AM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
To be perfectly honest, My interests in the outdoors do not include fishing, so I don't visit that forum often.

I have read many of your posts on firearms and it is clear how you feel about the average citizen owning anything more than a musket, and that only mil/leo should have access to anything else.

As far as being "special" goes, it was by no means a plug at you serving your country, that in fact does make you very "special" It doesn't make you any more "special" than me when it comes to owning or handling firearms.

I would gladly entertain a conversation via PM to understand your position on why you think we need to further erode the rights of law abiding firearms owners because they are lowly citizens and not past or present serving members.

J
not once have I posted only mil or leo should have access to mil arms is suggest they be trained to that level.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
not once have I posted only mil or leo should have access to mil arms is suggest they be trained to that level.
Your logic is flawed. So called military rifles are less powerful than the average hunting rifle.

So reversing it, how about you shouldn't be allowed a hunting rifle as most military are trained using a 5.56 to about 500m. So you're not allowed a 338 win mag rifle because you are not trained enough.

You are a complete fudd.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:51 AM
Banned

Quote:

J

Very well said!
Old 02-28-2014, 10:59 AM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchiespg View Post
Your logic is flawed. So called military rifles are less powerful than the average hunting rifle.

So reversing it, how about you shouldn't be allowed a hunting rifle as most military are trained using a 5.56 to about 500m. So you're not allowed a 338 win mag rifle because you are not trained enough.

You are a complete fudd.
How about 120 to 5000mtrs just mite cover your pea shooters. Whats with the insults is your positions that weak . Standardized knowledge very simple really just like ...... a driver's license oh this so easy . Lol
Old 02-28-2014, 11:42 AM
Banned

Quite simply if you are for the different classifications of firearms and would not support any law abiding person owning one you are a fudd, an anti, and an enemy.

Inanimate objects are not the problem people.

Molon labe.

As well, the dunces behind a badge or uniform that I see shouldn't handle a stick let alone a firearm.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
How about 120 to 5000mtrs just mite cover your pea shooters. Whats with the insults is your positions that weak . Standardized knowledge very simple really just like ...... a driver's license oh this so easy . Lol
I'm sorry I have no idea what you are saying.

We are talking about what you call military style rifles and how civilians should be allowed them.
I don't think the army are shooting their C8 rifles to 5000m.

My point is your training isn't all that special. And any training you have is likely on a very specific platform, such as c8. So why are you more special than anyone else? If anything your training may be less than adequate in many other areas. So by your logic you shouldn't be allowed anything but military stuff.

A gun is a gun is a gun. Mind sets like yours are the cause of this whole mess. One gun is no more dangerous than any other. The person behind it is the flaw in the system.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:59 AM

instead of us all fighting each other how about we all work together to right this issue .. all we are doing is helping the anti's

Old 02-28-2014, 12:01 PM
Banned

This should be the hill we die on folks and not just the Swiss Arms owners. Let them win this and kiss your goose guns and 10-22s goodbye. Civil disobedience can work. Letters, not emails and internet petitions have real effect. Call your local MP and tell him how you feel about the RCMP taking away peoples legally purchased property, compensation or not. Tell your local MP and Riding Association that your donations will go to support the NFA or the class action suit until the CPC scraps C68 in its entirety and enshrines property rights. Call wolverine sports and ask them what they can do to help you if you are a SA owner. You can have it when you pry it from my cold dead hands. I am a Canadian and this is not what my ancestors fought, bled and died for.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:13 PM

Can we ever have one thread that sticks to the topic & doesn't end with a bunch of infighting. Our government & RCMP are not needed as our enemies. We seem to have enough right here. If you don't agree, fine, just quit making it a bashing session.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nof60 View Post
This should be the hill we die on folks and not just the Swiss Arms owners. Let them win this and kiss your goose guns and 10-22s goodbye. Civil disobedience can work. Letters, not emails and internet petitions have real effect. Call your local MP and tell him how you feel about the RCMP taking away peoples legally purchased property, compensation or not. Tell your local MP and Riding Association that your donations will go to support the NFA or the class action suit until the CPC scraps C68 in its entirety and enshrines property rights. Call wolverine sports and ask them what they can do to help you if you are a SA owner. You can have it when you pry it from my cold dead hands. I am a Canadian and this is not what my ancestors fought, bled and died for.
This. I routinely write letters and meet with my MP.

Enough is enough.

Our cry should be molon labe
Old 02-28-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
instead of us all fighting each other how about we all work together to right this issue .. all we are doing is helping the anti's
Agreed, I don't care if it is a legally bought rocket launcher. The fact is they are taking away something that was legally bought and paid for. What if your 10-22 is next. Or your Legal AR? The RCMP shouldn't be allowed to make these decisions.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
Agreed, I don't care if it is a legally bought rocket launcher. The fact is they are taking away something that was legally bought and paid for. What if your 10-22 is next. Or your Legal AR? The RCMP shouldn't be allowed to make these decisions.
They will be next if the RCMP has their way.

I wrote letters and copied them to email to the pm and my mp. The mp's office has acknowledged he is looking into it and will be in touch soon.

The thing we need is a united front and for no one to give in. The question is do people have the balls to do so?
Old 02-28-2014, 12:29 PM

This is simple.

If this hasn't awakend a mean streak in you, as to the realities of firearms ownership in this country.
If your not so angry that your damn near frothing at the mouth.
If you can't understand the death by a thousand cuts ritual.

You'll never get it, and your part of the problem.

There are no absolutes
Old 02-28-2014, 12:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
This is simple.

If this hasn't awakend a mean streak in you, as to the realities of firearms ownership in this country.
If your not so angry that your damn near frothing at the mouth.
If you can't understand the death by a thousand cuts ritual.

You'll never get it, and your part of the problem.
Well said. Only thing I'd add is that it's not just firearms. It's highlighting the whole nature of policing and politics. Firearms are just a visual representation of much bigger problems.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:40 PM
Gone Hunting

Fish gunner. Dick is talking to you.

So F/G did the cops say turn in your guns unless you have military training? Or turn in your guns until you get military training? or does military training have nothing to do at all with the arbitrary reclassification of firearms?

Actually don't bother answering. some people get it, I doubt you ever will.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand