Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-01-2014, 06:05 PM

Lets not get bogged down in the details or Fish Gunner....

The important facts are that the RCMP had a Swiss Arms rifle to review 12 or 13 years ago. They ruled that this was a NON_RESTRICTED firearm...PERIOD!!!
Now to further their anti-firearm agenda they have reclassified the rifle.

Nothing has changed between then and now. If anything, the owners of Swiss Arms rifles have demonstrated how safe both the rifles and the shooters are... Zero criminal use of this firearm in Canada speaks very highly!!!

Prohibiting this firearm does absolutely nothing to enhance public safety.
"I find it amazing that we, as a society, find it so easy to view the perpetrators of crime with an understanding and knowing that they are suffering from the frailties of being a human being yet we cannot seem to extend that same courtesy to the very people we ask to face, on a daily basis, the worst that mankind has to offer."
-Dave (Whiskey Wish)-
Old 03-01-2014, 06:51 PM

It's a black gun. Ban it, let the hillbillies protest in the streets.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shep dog View Post
It's a black gun. Ban it, let the hillbillies protest in the streets.
Troll or RCMP sympathizer?
Old 03-01-2014, 07:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehntr View Post
Troll or RCMP sympathizer?
Or being facetious.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
So sorry, el kunter , Moderators please remove my post it seems to offend the guys that spend their lives on the forum.

I thought it may have been important to some who don't go back 2-10 days on forum comments.

Thanks...well said
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:25 PM

It's sad to see that there is a more lively discussion about where gay couples can shop for wedding cakes in Arizona, that there is about a direct assault on our property rights. It's no wonder we are in this position.

Nice work, sheeple.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
It's sad to see that there is a more lively discussion about where gay couples can shop for wedding cakes in Arizona, that there is about a direct assault on our property rights. It's no wonder we are in this position.

Nice work, sheeple.
I've written letters to my MPs, I am a member of the NFA, and have asked others to do the same.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:04 PM

Emails sent, and snail mail letters ready to be put in the box. The wife is currently writing her's as well. Get busy! This BS FA won't change it's self
Old 03-02-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
I've written letters to my MPs, I am a member of the NFA, and have asked others to do the same.
As have I.

I just found it interesting that this thread made it to page 2 within 48 hours.

The people who are interested are very interested, and fewer than I would have guessed, given this is a hunting related forum.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:06 PM
Banned

Property rights .....you would think more people would care.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:

Nice work, sheeple.

When everyone agrees with a point there is nothing more to talk about. No arguing means less posts.
Sit back
Pour yourself a tea

Watch us "sportsmen" attack each other and destroy ourselves from within.

From road hunters vs "real hunters" to bowhunters vs rifle hunters, long bows and recurves vs compound user to bow vs crossbow to white hunters vs Native hunters etc etc etc

Enjoy the easy ride, anti hunters. Strange to me why we seem to be doing your job for you.

Excuse me while I go puke.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nester View Post
Property rights .....you would think more people would care.
Nester,

They don't care because they don't understand. They are ignorant of how things work. Now let's ban the model 700 sniper rifles out there and we will see people up in arms!

People need to educate themselves. They need to understand history. They need to think and be able to see the signs and how things progress to an outcome. They need to be forward thinkers. Most are not.

Wonder how the Ukraine got to where they are today? Wonder why all those protesters are wearing funny things on their heads? Educate yourself!
Old 03-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
As have I.

I just found it interesting that this thread made it to page 2 within 48 hours.

The people who are interested are very interested, and fewer than I would have guessed, given this is a hunting related forum.
Could be due to the fact that there are several threads all dealing with similar issues. Put them all together, and it is in the double digit pages.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:33 AM

Interesting that this topic has gone so far down the list so quickly. I just registered over at gun nutz - and the topic is alive and well. Some really neat history coming out over there - apparently a good deal of what we are dealing with today originated with Mulroney and his underlings - like Clarke, Rock, and Campbell. There were reasons why the West was instrumental in throwing Mulroney out, and it can happen again. Consider the number of Mulroneyites who are presently in the inner sanctum of the CPC.

I e-mailed Blaney (Public Safety Minister) with a forward to his nibs - the Right Honorable, but won't hold my breathe for a reply. Hopefully, their e mail boxes are full and overlowing along with their letter boxes, fax machines, twitter accounts, etc, etc.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
So sorry, el kunter , Moderators please remove my post it seems to offend the guys that spend their lives on the forum.

I thought it may have been important to some who don't go back 2-10 days on forum comments.

Interesting typo... seems to be habitual.

For some reason I'm doubtful that you are as new here as your name is.

Interesting that you wish to draw moderator attention to yourself so fast as well.

Hmmmm.... wish granted.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidderman View Post
Can we ever have one thread that sticks to the topic & doesn't end with a bunch of infighting. Our government & RCMP are not needed as our enemies. We seem to have enough right here. If you don't agree, fine, just quit making it a bashing session.
Well said
Old 03-03-2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
For some reason I'm doubtful that you are as new here as your name is.
+1

This is a very important issue, but some of us chose to contact our MP, or the PM, to make our feelings known, rather than start a dozen threads to complain to each other. Ironically, we seem to have gotten enough of their attention, for the government to at least reconsider the prohibition.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
+1

This is a very important issue, but some of us chose to contact our MP, or the PM, to make our feelings known, rather than start a dozen threads to complain to each other. Ironically, we seem to have gotten enough of their attention, for the government to at least reconsider the prohibition.
Ever notice that whenever something real comes up... something critical of cops or the powers that be where people actually start to take action... new members and long silent members that never post come out of the woodwork to troll or derail...or divide us with multiple threads.

I know there is always some discussion and bickering that is par for the course but we see so many new faces whenever things like this come up.

Reminds me of when companies used to invite several unions in...to split the vote when their labour started to organize.

It wasn't a co-incidence then...and I doubt it is now.

Gentlemen...I believe that we may have just been bent over and probed several times over the last week.
It should be no surprise that they keep an eye on folks in Alberta... we've been the most resistant in the country and continue to be.

Boys...keep your cards covered but don't fold...we're winning or they wouldn't be doing that.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Badger View Post
Ever notice that whenever something real comes up... something critical of cops or the powers that be where people actually start to take action... new members and long silent members that never post come out of the woodwork to troll or derail...or divide us with multiple threads.

I know there is always some discussion and bickering that is par for the course but we see so many new faces whenever things like this come up.

Reminds me of when companies used to invite several unions in...to split the vote when their labour started to organize.

It wasn't a co-incidence then...and I doubt it is now.

Gentlemen...I believe that we may have just been bent over and probed several times over the last week.
It should be no surprise that they keep an eye on folks in Alberta... we've been the most resistant in the country and continue to be.

Boys...keep your cards covered but don't fold...we're winning or they wouldn't be doing that.
Or, the otherwise silent majority have read enough BS to speak up. This is, after all, a forum for "Alberta's hunting, fishing, and trapping enthusiasts."
Old 03-04-2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm1273 View Post
Or being facetious.
Unfortunately, I don't think so. I'm thinking he's what you'd call a fudd. 'If I have no use for it, nobody does. Ban it'
Old 03-04-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog15 View Post
Interesting that this topic has gone so far down the list so quickly. I just registered over at gun nutz - and the topic is alive and well. Some really neat history coming out over there - apparently a good deal of what we are dealing with today originated with Mulroney and his underlings - like Clarke, Rock, and Campbell. There were reasons why the West was instrumental in throwing Mulroney out, and it can happen again. Consider the number of Mulroneyites who are presently in the inner sanctum of the CPC.

I e-mailed Blaney (Public Safety Minister) with a forward to his nibs - the Right Honorable, but won't hold my breathe for a reply. Hopefully, their e mail boxes are full and overlowing along with their letter boxes, fax machines, twitter accounts, etc, etc.
Nice try. The guy who said only the police and the military should have guns, is not a Conservative. How many Mulroneyites in the inner sanctum?
Old 03-04-2014, 07:03 PM

Dupe