Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-06-2024, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky buck View Post
there is truth in people need to think about who they vote for. But there also needs to be accountability for our politicians especially if the voting public finds theses politicians failing at their job

mayor or even prime minister are just people doing a job. They were given this job by the voting public not by divine powers. Just as an employer has the right to fire an employee for failing to do their agreed upon job the same goes for the society and failing leadership they voted for

we need to actually create policies that give the public more power to remove failing politicians not give excuses to let them ride out their term. When a house is on fire steps are taken to put it out not just stand back and let it burn to the ground

it’s pretty clear the lack of accountability in all levels of canadian politics is damaging and creating a major rift in our population. So yeah i am not supporting the “stand back and let it burn” approach
this x100
Old 02-06-2024, 12:15 PM

I'll make it easy for everyone. From a very wise man and fighter of freedom, Winston Churchill
"Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.…’
Old 02-06-2024, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe View Post
I'll make it easy for everyone. From a very wise man and fighter of freedom, Winston Churchill
"Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.…’
No one is doing away with democracy or suggesting anything of the sort
Old 02-06-2024, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe View Post
Exactly, democracy means "rule by the people". If the majority of people feel she's doing a poor job, and want to recall her, that is literally democracy at work.
Old 02-06-2024, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Can’t find any signs of any organizational effort to take the petition door to door.

Only way it could work is if people can print off 100 copies and go door to door or post on FB where in each community someone can sign the petition.
The sense I got from the interview on the news last night was that it was some guy who filed the paper work but doesn't really have a plan for how he is going to collect the signatures.

They also interviewed Gondek's campaign manager; he pointed out that it took them 9 months to get her 170,000 votes and thought it would be impossible to get 500,000 signatures in 60 days.

The way the legislation is written, I don't think it can ever work except in small communities where one person can go door to door and cover the entire community.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 02-06-2024, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Our system is not truly democratic, it is a manipulated system, where a party that gets more votes can lose the election. That is exactly what happened in the last federal election.
X2 promotes exactly the type of behaviour we see from the lieberals. Why do you think they abandoned reform soo very quickly…. They’d have lost. Crooked. Very same reason some parts of the country don’t pay a carbon tax. Or did they think we’d just forget?
Old 02-06-2024, 03:38 PM

She the Calgary mayor is laughing looking at this petition. It will be impossible to collect 500000 votes in 2 months. Her statement basically said - **** of buggers, I was elected and now I am here and nothing yo7 can do about it.
Old 02-06-2024, 05:23 PM

Default Please vote!

Inform yourself and take an interest in politics, this recall idea is a non starter. It just may make things worse!
Old 02-08-2024, 08:17 PM

Link to information on signing:

https://recallmayorgondek.com
Old 02-10-2024, 12:32 AM

the kick-off is this Saturday at 1pm city hall on the east side.
come sign the petition - I think you can also volunteer to take the petition door to door and register as an official "canvasser" to witness the signatures.
Old 02-10-2024, 01:13 PM

The petition won’t get enough signatures. I sent my very first letter to the mayor telling her why I was signing the petition (bag charges and reasoning our neighbourhoods).
Old 02-15-2024, 02:53 PM

FWIW, you can sign the petition at "The Good Eats" in Cranston todaythursday 15th February 5-7pm. Many other places are popping up around town. Be on the lookout.