Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-11-2024, 08:40 AM

Default Trump said he would encourage Russia to attack any NATO member that hasn’t paid their bills

Now I know Trump isn’t sane.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/trump-s...ough-1.6764435

He has continually moved more and more to the authoritarian leadership style. It’s like he wants to say to Putin… hey let’s just split up the world and do what we want.

He is making NATO conditional.. scary.

He doesn’t understand how NATO works. Countries don’t owe Trump or anyone money except for negligible costs for joint offices, research centres. That’s paid.

NATO is a protection pact and NATO has come to the US aid. After 911 NATO allies joined the attack on the Taliban.

NATO member commit to spending on their own Defense and these costs have risen since Russia attacked Ukraine. It’s an amount based upon GDP but not owed to another country or paid to NATO.

Trump has become dangerous and sadly while he is the better leader for Albertans perspective… this was downright wrong. Biden and Trump are both bad choices.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-11-2024, 08:45 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Just another mad man is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-11-2024, 08:46 AM

Good thing we have you guys to watch over us and tell us what to think. Sheesh.
Old 02-11-2024, 08:51 AM

Default These guys are giving old age...

a bad name. Would you put your grandfather in charge of all your personal decisions? Well this is worse.

It doesn't matter what party, either way t=you get a guy in his dotage.

If there are Americans on here who want to change their name to "none of the above" I think that you can get elected.
Old 02-11-2024, 08:56 AM

After Illegal Drug Trafficking, the Second most profitable Business World Wide is arms sales. Then, Oil and Gas.

The US has a huge military industrial complex. When Canada buys the F35 and all the Service, parts, and armaments for the plane, we buy from the US. Oh by the way, there are huge profit margins for the US companies.

Trump hates Canada because he feels for decades Canada has gotten a free ride on Defence from the US and Canada has not paid its share.

He is right.

Trump also seems to hate Toronto??? Maybe when he was going broke in 2009 there were some hardball Canadian Bankers wanting to enforce the debts on everything he owed.

Trump also hates that other NATO Members do not not buy arms at the GDP Dollar value that the Agreement provides for. Some Defence Companies that appear to be European actually are partly owned by US Companies, and there is a big loss of research and development money for the US Companies like Ratheon, General Dynamics, Boeing, etc, when the Europeans refused to spend money on Defence.

Trump is a transactional person. He wants a win on each issue and each agenda. Understand that, and you understand that he really has no politics.

Drewski
Old 02-11-2024, 09:09 AM

You honestly can't be surprised??? He spent almost all of his presidential term (when he wasn't golfing) trying to destabilize NATO. If he gets in a second time people have to realize they will be bundling up little Bobby and sending him off to get fitted for a toe tag.....
Old 02-11-2024, 09:21 AM

If they don't pay, kick them out, the end.
Old 02-11-2024, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Good thing we have you guys to watch over us and tell us what to think. Sheesh.
It’s insane how many times they are wrong but keep coming back with more.

-Billy Molls
Old 02-11-2024, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
If they don't pay, kick them out, the end.
Putin would love your sentiment.....
Old 02-11-2024, 09:27 AM

And where did you get this info?

Was it an interpretation from one of our trusted and loyal media broadcasts?

Burglar: Aren't you going to call the cops?
Farmer: Why? Nobody knows you're here
Old 02-11-2024, 09:36 AM

NATO has been feeding off the Wests baby bottle for too long. Realistically we are subsidizing everyone in the world with trillions of dollars which are printed and for which there is absolutely no plan of paying for, unless some of you are willing to turn over all your assets in the coming reset.
Old 02-11-2024, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollGRG View Post

Actually it's ALL of the news agencies, and you can even get transcripts, and video will be out later today.....

"Speaking Saturday at a rally in Conway, South Carolina, Trump recalled how as president he told an unidentified NATO member that he would “encourage” Russia to do as it wishes in cases of NATO allies who are “delinquent.”"
Old 02-11-2024, 09:40 AM

Quote:

And there lies the real issue the media is on a major attack to knock him down in the polls. We are no longer getting factual information through media but instead just tainted propaganda

Trump has a big mouth and is a little on the crazy side for sure but the man has already been president once showing he is not the demon the media paints him

The reality is members of the public across the world are only getting half truths regarding politics, conflicts, and agendas. I would not rush out and label anyone as the “bad guy” because of what the media or any politician has to say
Old 02-11-2024, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
a bad name. Would you put your grandfather in charge of all your personal decisions? Well this is worse.

It doesn't matter what party, either way t=you get a guy in his dotage.

If there are Americans on here who want to change their name to "none of the above" I think that you can get elected.
OMG. I just sprayed my orange juice out my nose when I read it.

Funniest post today.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-11-2024, 09:54 AM

It’s funny how NO ONE is accountable for anything except a small group. So tired of it. People need to start being accountable for their actions. Everyone. Can we agree on that SF?

-Billy Molls
Old 02-11-2024, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
Putin would love your sentiment.....
And lazy freeloaders would love yours.....
Old 02-11-2024, 09:57 AM

Quote:

It’s everywhere.

Here’s a video link

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jGP1hJJNstI

Trump doesn’t understand NATO members don’t owe bills. Nobody owes the US or NATO an unpaid invoice. Trump is like Biden and have gotten too old and doesn’t understand how this works.

US pays 3.5% of their GDP on military spending. They have always spent big and they have a large military and some major equipment to maintain.

US didn’t increase spending for NATO either. They’ve just been high to begin with.

Quote:
But the way NATO is set up there are no freeloaders. US has always maintained a high spend rate for their military becomes they are active around the whole world. Other countries not to much. Money being spent is huge.

The EU and Canada are spending money like crazy on defence right now. Purchasing arms and equipment to provide Ukraine with the capability to defend against Russia… let’s face it. They are the reason we all spend money. To defend against Putin’s expansion plans. No other country sends nuclear capable bombers and fighters to test Canadian and American airspace in the Arctic.

Plus Canada spends a ton training other militaries and stationing troops in NATO countries.

We have contracts for military planes as well.

I’d like to see some navy ice breakers to patrol the Arctic.

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 02-11-2024 at 10:04 AM.
Old 02-11-2024, 09:59 AM

Think of it as maintaining a certain military standard then as opposed to paying an invoice.
Old 02-11-2024, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
It’s funny how NO ONE is accountable for anything except a small group. So tired of it. People need to start being accountable for their actions. Everyone. Can we agree on that SF?
Couldn’t agree more

Politicians have gotten to the point they are pushing the envelope of corruption because nothing happens when they are caught

Not just politicians too. Just look at the Epstein list and the lack of action or media attention even
Old 02-11-2024, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Think of it as maintaining a certain military standard then as opposed to paying an invoice.
No doubt. It’s funny that the boys doing awful things on the front lines from several countries think differently about Trump than a few here do.

-Billy Molls
Old 02-11-2024, 10:06 AM

Meanwhile Biden is unfit to handle classified documents , yet he is fit to be president?
Old 02-11-2024, 10:10 AM

So Trump is basically outing the freeloaders of NATO, at a time of global destabilization; and you guys are incensed? The whole point of NATO was to have minimum amounts spent on defence to help or be helped by your allies. About time the makers call out the takers of this world.
Old 02-11-2024, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Meanwhile Biden is unfit to handle classified documents , yet he is fit to be president?
No one has said that he is. 😉
Old 02-11-2024, 10:23 AM

Quote:
No doubt. It’s funny that the boys doing awful things on the front lines from several countries think differently about Trump than a few here do.
No doubt. Ask virtually any Russian and their wish would be for another Trump Presidency.
Old 02-11-2024, 10:24 AM

Quote:
No doubt. Ask virtually any Russian and their wish would be for another Trump Presidency.
It’s a lot more than just Russians that have that sentiment.

-Billy Molls
Old 02-11-2024, 10:29 AM

Quote:
So the question is have NATO countries been spending enough GDP to keep up their defence.

https://www.statista.com/chart/amp/1...ato-countries/

Many countries are not but has that decreased the strength of NATO? Russian aggression has caused increased spending which likely will show up in the next update.

Canada and the EU have spent a ton on military spending to help Ukraine and in turn NATO in their goal to prevent Russian aggression.

Likely that spending has bumped many over 2%.

So if your question is should countries pull their weight then yes. Should a leader say not spending 2% on GDP is grounds to let Russia attack is extremely dangerous.

Do individual counties have a responsibility to ensure internal obligations are also met and balance those responsibilities as best they can?

For instance… if a country is running deficits and they have spending problems across all internal obligations is balancing that reasonable?

If a country has a surplus and isn’t putting 2% down on military spending… is that more of a concern?

Do you think Trump should actually fully understand the topic before spreading dangerous rhetoric?
Old 02-11-2024, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Bingo, you hit the nail on the head .
Old 02-11-2024, 10:57 AM

Trump can't be all bad, he said Trudeau was two faced.....
Old 02-11-2024, 11:03 AM

Quote:
And yet Russia didn't attack the Ukraine, when Trump was in power.
Old 02-11-2024, 11:12 AM

I don’t want to buy a truck.
You have one.
Anyone here have a problem with me phoning you up to take me places when I need to run errands?
Figured.
I should buy a truck if I want to go places.