Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-11-2024, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
what sort of meds did they put you on? mine seem to be a lot less effective than yours maybe I could switch. I want to see the dragons too!
The type that never shuts a guy up ,good lord it's border line crazy reading his stuff .
Old 02-11-2024, 03:26 PM

Quote:
what sort of meds did they put you on? mine seem to be a lot less effective than yours maybe I could switch. I want to see the dragons too!
I thought the post I replied to was a joke and was playing along.

However now that one thinks about it … Trump was bending over and fawning all over Putin. He was empowering Putin at home via all the lovey dovey talk. That may of both emboldened Putin to attack and also give him more support within Russia.

Still… do you really think Trump being in power at all influenced Putin? Anyone really think Obama or Biden being president makes a difference? He doesn’t care. He’s a dictator.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-11-2024, 03:57 PM

Quote:
My thoughts as well.
Old 02-11-2024, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherdan View Post
But in the big picture, we aren’t offering nothing. We get taken to the cleaners in other ways.

For what it’s worth, I would be cool with spending 2% of GDP on the military, especially with the way things are in the world now. I would like to see the bulk of that money spent on industry here in Canada. Rather than all these stupid public service jobs that bloat bureaucracy and don’t do anything, I would love to see a defence industry encouraged here at home. I don’t know how feasible that is. If we have to spend 2% on American goods and services, then I don’t like that.

I am not an expert on this. I’m sure there are people on this form that know a lot more than I do. But it’s my understanding that military defence in the United States is basically an oligopoly that isn’t pumping out the best equipment. The fact that a single drone got through US defences at a base in Syria last week and killed some servicemen there, should be a red flag.
By all means increase military spending but it's probably time that Canada started to start aquiring their military goods from Europe rather than the US.
Old 02-11-2024, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
They don’t take advantage of us, we have pigeon-holed ourselves. We tried to have just one customer for our product. We won’t even ship across our own country to refine. We send bitumen to Texas and they send refined fuel to the east. Not because we make them, but because we are so stupid. The trans-mountain still isn’t producing as far as I know. How long has that been planned? Once again, our stupidity.
You just have to do a tiny bit of research to find out when it was decided that Canadian oil was going to flow south, as apposed to east.....
Old 02-11-2024, 04:37 PM

And so he shouldn't.
Everyone loved to hate USA for years but now that there is a problem in the world they expect free.
Old 02-11-2024, 05:24 PM

Not sure why people call it free. The US is greatly benefited directly and indirectly by offering protection to all those countries. They are also the only country that ever invoked the article 5 of the Treaty (isn’t that ironic?).

United States was and is the biggest proponent of NATO enlargement. Do you think that would be the case if they also didn’t think they were the greatest beneficiary? It is for security, as well geopolitical reasons, among many others. Not sure how one cannot see that.

Why would they insist on the Ukrainian membership in the Organization when other members greatly opposed back in 2008? To save Ukraine? Why would that be the case? Would Ukraine greatly strengthen the Alliance? It is pretty clear by now that these efforts put the Alliance closer to a war as it ever was (talking about real big war here). In fact, the entire Alliance currently participates in the war directly and otherwise. Why is it so important? Why is it important for the US to have hundreds of military bases around the world that cost asinine amount of money to maintain. Why wouldn't they quit Syria and Iraq? Syria is straight up illegally occupied and Iraq is asking to withdraw the American troops from the country in light of recent events (though asked years ago as well) and the US strongly objects a complete withdrawal.

Trump’s threats are empty unless the US starts pulling out all their troops out of those countries he is talking about. It is not the NATO membership that guarantees the protection, but the presence of the American troops in any particular country, as well as the interests of the United States and of those there are plenty.

Edit: I should add that cost-benefit analysis has never been lost in the US. It may now be getting to that point in Ukraine, but it is still alive and well.

Last edited by fishnguy; 02-11-2024 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-11-2024, 07:22 PM

I get a kick out of the media and Ukraine news.

They are forever saying that Ukraine is winning and kicking the ***** out of Russia but Ukraine is still begging for more money, tanks and weapons.

Burglar: Aren't you going to call the cops?
Farmer: Why? Nobody knows you're here
Old 02-11-2024, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollGRG View Post

They are forever saying that Ukraine is winning and kicking the ***** out of Russia but Ukraine is still begging for more money, tanks and weapons.
Try this for info:"Ukraine's ARMY is about to collapse and Zelensky is finished" Fmr. Marine Scott Ritter | Redacted

https://rumble.com/v4ca4lk-ukraines-...arine-sco.html
Old 02-11-2024, 09:30 PM

Quote:

>>
Isn't this a fact.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UK.jpg (39.9 KB, 57 views)
Old 02-11-2024, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderal View Post
Try this for info:"Ukraine's ARMY is about to collapse and Zelensky is finished" Fmr. Marine Scott Ritter | Redacted

https://rumble.com/v4ca4lk-ukraines-...arine-sco.html
Who is probably a Russian asset. Not sure what else his angle could be. Also, was he ever right about anything in that war?
Old 02-11-2024, 10:26 PM

The putin trolls are alive and well I see.

P.S. the reason we have to pay double what the price is in the USA is because everything has to be translated and labeled in TWO "official" languages (Thanks to the Lieberals) And the reason Our military is under funded is again Thanks to the Lieberals. And Canada has NEVER paid their fair share in NATO Closest we came wasunder Harper but then again The Lieberals shut down the F15 and the Lieberals re bought them costing Billions if not Trillions of dollars. So Trash Trump all you like he and the Americans are just tired of all the freeloading buddies living in the basement!
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 02-12-2024, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Who is probably a Russian asset. Not sure what else his angle could be. Also, was he ever right about anything in that war?
The US is pulling the plug on Ukraine -- should be obvious to anyone with eyes. Without wide-ranging Western support in the form of fuel, food, fighters, weapons, and intel (etc.) Ukraine is finished.

Expect big changes in this war's disposition of forces in 2024.
Old 02-12-2024, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceTitan View Post
The US is pulling the plug on Ukraine -- should be obvious to anyone with eyes. Without wide-ranging Western support in the form of fuel, food, fighters, weapons, and intel (etc.) Ukraine is finished.

Expect big changes in this war's disposition of forces in 2024.
Doesn’t change the fact that Scot Ritter is probably a Russian asset though.
Old 02-12-2024, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherdan View Post
But in the big picture, we aren’t offering nothing. We get taken to the cleaners in other ways.

For what it’s worth, I would be cool with spending 2% of GDP on the military, especially with the way things are in the world now. I would like to see the bulk of that money spent on industry here in Canada. Rather than all these stupid public service jobs that bloat bureaucracy and don’t do anything, I would love to see a defence industry encouraged here at home. I don’t know how feasible that is. If we have to spend 2% on American goods and services, then I don’t like that.

I am not an expert on this. I’m sure there are people on this form that know a lot more than I do. But it’s my understanding that military defence in the United States is basically an oligopoly that isn’t pumping out the best equipment. The fact that a single drone got through US defences at a base in Syria last week and killed some servicemen there, should be a red flag.
Maybe Alberta could start manufacturing weapons and especially primers and our federal government could buy from us to keep up with NATO spending?
Old 02-12-2024, 07:25 AM

Don't for one second think that the U.S. gets nothing out of supporting the free World. They started NATO after getting dragged into two World Wars. They wanted NATO as a buffer for security towards World peace. Then they controlled the sea lanes and ruled the World. The U.S. rules and needs world trade and gets paid handsomely for it.

If they back away from NATO and other prior security commitments, they simply hand control of the World to China, Russia etc. Voluntarily, they would become an isolated and lesser super power. And that means a loss of influence and the loss of the U.S. dollar as the World's currency.

They need NATO as much as NATO needs them.
Old 02-12-2024, 07:28 AM

Quote:

The thing is, Russia is our enemy and always has been. Throwing some money at Ukraine and no blood from out boys is a good deal. Drain Russia of young men and equipment to reduce their strength is great. Putin is insane and can't be trusted
Old 02-12-2024, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Doesn’t change the fact that Scot Ritter is probably a Russian asset though.
you are supposed to stop after one cup of koolaid. "probably" geebus does noo one know anything anymore? Im sure the russians sponsored him for his full career in the military. why are so many people so damn dense?

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 02-12-2024, 08:13 AM

This is the guy we are sending billions to? It boggles my mind...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=so2KTN...a3kgZGFuY2U%3D
Old 02-12-2024, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe View Post
Don't for one second think that the U.S. gets nothing out of supporting the free World. They started NATO after getting dragged into two World Wars. They wanted NATO as a buffer for security towards World peace. Then they controlled the sea lanes and ruled the World. The U.S. rules and needs world trade and gets paid handsomely for it.

If they back away from NATO and other prior security commitments, they simply hand control of the World to China, Russia etc. Voluntarily, they would become an isolated and lesser super power. And that means a loss of influence and the loss of the U.S. dollar as the World's currency.

Isn't more about control of markets and who can sell to who?
As part of NATO we have access to a lot of trade. Not equal access like American outfits.
Example Texas has tea and we have tar sands.
I cow is always worth more if its an American cow.
I don't know how yo explain it except except south America has a lot of resources but not really worth anything. Bad guys running the government's down there so no American companies in the countries so they have tons of oil and way more beef and grain crops than Alberta but not worth anything because in Brazil or Argentina, etc.
Let's start building updated version of afro arrow in Alberta and Ottawa can buy it from us to make Trump happy
Old 02-12-2024, 09:06 AM

Quote:
you are supposed to stop after one cup of koolaid. "probably" geebus does noo one know anything anymore? Im sure the russians sponsored him for his full career in the military. why are so many people so damn dense?
Not sure. Some people are straight up delusional.
Old 02-12-2024, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
By all means increase military spending but it's probably time that Canada started to start aquiring their military goods from Europe rather than the US.
Definitely not, we need to to develop, or better said, redevelop our own military manufacturing capability, we were one of the world leaders at one point. Remember the Arrow ?

Isaiah 5:8
Old 02-12-2024, 09:09 AM

Quote:
The thing is, Russia is our enemy and always has been. Throwing some money at Ukraine and no blood from out boys is a good deal. Drain Russia of young men and equipment to reduce their strength is great. Putin is insane and can't be trusted
Really, perhaps you should study some WW2 history,
Old 02-12-2024, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Really, perhaps you should study some WW2 history,
And WW1 history……

There are no absolutes
Old 02-12-2024, 09:26 AM

Quote:
So Trump is basically outing the freeloaders of NATO, at a time of global destabilization; and you guys are incensed? The whole point of NATO was to have minimum amounts spent on defence to help or be helped by your allies. About time the makers call out the takers of this world.
Expecting NATO countries to pay their share is one thing, claiming that he'd encourage Putin to invade is a whole other dangerous ball game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Meanwhile Biden is unfit to handle classified documents , yet he is fit to be president?
Neither one of those old doddering fools should be president.

Quote:
Not the US, private individuals, and don’t kid yourself, Canadians are blocking pipelines for their own gain too. What do you think would happen to Paul Martin’s tankers that go back and forth to Saudi Arabia if Energy East happened? We can’t blame Americans for our own problems here in Canada.

We have lots of supply, and no demand is what sets the WCS, not America. If we had more countries competing for our oil what do you think happens to WCS?
Sure we can, the amount of money funneled into Canada from the US to protest our O&G industry is substantial

Last edited by Sporty; 02-12-2024 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-12-2024, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
Expecting NATO countries to pay their share is one thing, claiming that he'd encourage Putin to invade is a whole other dangerous ball game.

Sure we can, the amount of money funneled into Canada from the US to protest our O&G industry is substantial
If you think Putin is plotting his campaign against Canada about this comment, you are sadly mistaken. Here we are though in Canada debating our lack of commitment to our allies. Like many have said, Trump is playing chess while others are playing checkers.

So you are telling me the US government has protested Canadian oil? Or as I said, is it private citizens with business interests in mind? Exactly like many Canadian citizens that fund protests to protect their cash cows. Also,we have political parties in Canada that are determined to shut down our O&G industry and you are scared of the Americans??? The Americans consider Canadian oil, they don’t want to see our oil flow stop.
Old 02-12-2024, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
You just have to do a tiny bit of research to find out when it was decided that Canadian oil was going to flow south, as apposed to east.....
The biggest part was existence of pipeline infrastructure and refinery capacity along with demand is the main reasons. Outside of that there were never non-compete clauses limiting the directions of pipelines in Canada. That has only ever been limited by short-sighted politicians alone.
Old 02-12-2024, 09:47 AM

Quote:

They wanted Canada in NATO because we are a huge geopolitical buffer to Russia. They have control over monitoring of threats to the US border but their monitoring is in Northern Canada.

If Canada were to have aligned with Russia it would of be a monster out disaster for the US.

Any defensive costs they are deemed to have incurred that appears to benefit Canada… is really just a buffer expense. If Canada is hit we would be fodder that provides time for the US to regroup and enforce the area between the enemy and the US border..

The Canadian lands in between are strategic absolutely… but anyone for one minute who thinks the US is protecting a freeloading Canada as hugely mistaken. We would just be the battleground front line for the sole protection of the US.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-12-2024, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
Very dangerous, if Putin gets wind of this he may become aggressive and invade a neighbouring country.
Old 02-12-2024, 09:54 AM

Quote:
If you think Putin is plotting his campaign against Canada about this comment, you are sadly mistaken. Here we are though in Canada debating our lack of commitment to our allies. Like many have said, Trump is playing chess while others are playing checkers.

So you are telling me the US government has protested Canadian oil? Or as I said, is it private citizens with business interests in mind? Exactly like many Canadian citizens that fund protests to protect their cash cows. Also,we have political parties in Canada that are determined to shut down our O&G industry and you are scared of the Americans??? The Americans consider Canadian oil, they don’t want to see our oil flow stop.
He’s referring to the American paid for anti oil lobby groups labeled environmentalists who not only pay massively for protests but also are a key funder of anti oil groups in Canada. https://www.westerninvestor.com/albe...acking-4538939

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2750 View Post
Very dangerous, if Putin gets wind of this he may become aggressive and invade a neighbouring country.
Problem these day is people look at stupid thing from a political lens instead of just stupid lens.

If Trudeau said… “Look BC, either you agree with us or China can just do what they want in Vancouver… in fact… I’ll encourage China to put more Chinese police stations there”… you guys would all be red faced and screaming blue murder… but if someone you deem is more conservative and holds your perceived values… they can do no wrong.

It’s a dangerous and slippery slope when we ignore stupid for any reason.

When did wrong cease to be wrong. When did it become less wrong in some eyes if they are hard right wingers. It’s crazy days.

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 02-12-2024 at 10:15 AM.