Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-13-2024, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Now they have found out that UNRWA has been complicit and secretly helping Hamas. Tunnels, power etc. right under the hospital and the school etc. The UN is corrupt as they come.

Directly beneath UNRWA's Gaza headquarters, IDF ... (High light and paste).
And one of the Al-Jazeera reporters was a Hamas commander…
And I like how they reported the Palestinian loses- 34 Palestinians killed during the Israeli operation in Rafa …. Not militants. Just Palestinians.
Old 02-14-2024, 04:05 AM

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/a89...ibextid=xCPwDs
Good song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2024, 06:05 AM

A good article by John Bolton on the importance of NATO beyond the primary concern. It's about everything!
https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...-nato-00141160
Old 02-14-2024, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe View Post
A good article by John Bolton on the importance of NATO beyond the primary concern. It's about everything!
https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...-nato-00141160
Bolton is an interesting character, attacking foreign countries nuclear facilities, and overthrowing foreign governments, sounds like something that some people would expect from Trump.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/john...ry?id=44146193

Quote:
Trump's personal diplomacy with Kim also irked Bolton, who has advocated for a preemptive strike on North Korea's nuclear facilities. Among the last straws for Bolton was when Trump leaned toward meeting Iran's leaders, who Bolton has previously called for overthrowing.
Old 02-14-2024, 06:33 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Now I know Trump isn’t sane.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/trump-s...ough-1.6764435

He has continually moved more and more to the authoritarian leadership style. It’s like he wants to say to Putin… hey let’s just split up the world and do what we want.

He is making NATO conditional.. scary.

He doesn’t understand how NATO works. Countries don’t owe Trump or anyone money except for negligible costs for joint offices, research centres. That’s paid.

NATO is a protection pact and NATO has come to the US aid. After 911 NATO allies joined the attack on the Taliban.

NATO member commit to spending on their own Defense and these costs have risen since Russia attacked Ukraine. It’s an amount based upon GDP but not owed to another country or paid to NATO.

Trump has become dangerous and sadly while he is the better leader for Albertans perspective… this was downright wrong. Biden and Trump are both bad choices.
This was a great first post on this subject.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-14-2024, 06:41 AM

Thanks.

-Billy Molls
Old 02-14-2024, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irina View Post
Lol that all halarious... War time leader of all time? All he does is fly around demanding more money from all the other countries.. A war time leader would have had a strong military living next door to big bad Putin a sane person would think.

Zelensky must have bee flying that solo jet called the ghost of kyiv... Lol
1/4 the population and <1/10 the military budget, but that's nothing that a true war time leader shouldn't have been able to overcome in 3 years, right?
Old 02-14-2024, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bigglesworth View Post
1/4 the population and <1/10 the military budget, but that's nothing that a true war time leader shouldn't have been able to overcome in 3 years, right?
Shhhhh! don't confuse the trolls. They still think that the Russian military is the second best military in "the" Ukraine. Russia lost another Military transport ship yesterday that makes TWO this month. Fighting against a country who has no navy? yup they are doing themselves proud!

“Ukraine has disabled a third of the Russian Black Sea Fleet during the large-scale invasion,” the country’s armed forces told CNN after Wednesday’s attack.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 02-15-2024, 07:56 AM

To all those with Trump Derangement Syndrome seek help immediately!

But seriously I can’t wait until Trump gets back in, which he most certainly will.
I can’t wait for him to prove you all wrong, your little heads will explode.
If it wasn’t for NATO floating the idea at one point of letting the corrupt Ukraine into the NATO club, Russia would have stayed out of Ukraine. There was a deal called the Minsk agreement made in 2014 that Ukraine and other western leaders broke.
If that agreement was not broken Russia would have never went in.
The Russian people are not the boogeymen that the media and these crooked politicians want you to believe.
Old 02-15-2024, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckCuller View Post

But seriously I can’t wait until Trump gets back in, which he most certainly will.
If it wasn’t for NATO floating the idea at one point of letting the corrupt Ukraine into the NATO club, Russia would have stayed out of Ukraine. There was a deal called the Minsk agreement made in 2014 that Ukraine and other western leaders broke.
The Russian people are not the boogeymen that the media and these crooked politicians want you to believe.
They are trying their best to keep Trump from running, because they are afraid that he will win.
Old 02-15-2024, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
They are trying their best to keep Trump from running, because they are afraid that he will win.
Nah he has a few legal hurdles is all, TMS runs amuck but time will tell how this one plays out too.

Old 02-15-2024, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Now I know Trump isn’t sane.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/trump-s...ough-1.6764435

He has continually moved more and more to the authoritarian leadership style. It’s like he wants to say to Putin… hey let’s just split up the world and do what we want.

He is making NATO conditional.. scary.

He doesn’t understand how NATO works. Countries don’t owe Trump or anyone money except for negligible costs for joint offices, research centres. That’s paid.

NATO is a protection pact and NATO has come to the US aid. After 911 NATO allies joined the attack on the Taliban.

NATO member commit to spending on their own Defense and these costs have risen since Russia attacked Ukraine. It’s an amount based upon GDP but not owed to another country or paid to NATO.

Trump has become dangerous and sadly while he is the better leader for Albertans perspective… this was downright wrong. Biden and Trump are both bad choices.
I dunno, I quit taking articles from left wing media seriously and try and look at all media. The majority of the CTV article is just people with TDS having a fit. Call me old school, but I agree with Trump that countries should hold up their end of the bargain. I don’t know when this concept changed.
Our Government has spent more money on the Transmountain pipeline than it does on our military in a year so it’s not like we can’t meet our end of the bargain.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/jam...hronic-neglect

Jamie Sarkonak: Donald Trump's bad cop routine on NATO was invited by chronic neglect.

Agreements are built on exchange. You give a widget-seller $5, you get a widget. You spend two per cent of your nation’s GDP on defence, you receive the shelter of the United States military. Don’t spend? Don’t expect to receive.

So goes the thinking of Donald Trump, former and likely future president of the United States. Speaking to a crowd in South Carolina last weekend, he hinted that the United States wouldn’t come to the rescue of certain unnamed North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) members who aren’t spending two per cent of GDP on their militaries should they fall under attack.

Specifically, Trump recalled a supposed conversation that took place behind closed NATO doors during his presidency: “I said, ‘Everybody’s going to pay.’ They said, ‘Well if we don’t pay, are you still going to protect us?’ I said, ‘Absolutely not.’ They couldn’t believe the answer.”

He continued: “One of the presidents of a big country stood up, said, ‘Well sir, uh, if we don’t pay and we’re attacked by Russia, will you protect us?’ I said, ‘You didn’t pay, you’re delinquent?’ He said, ‘Yes.’ Let’s say that happened. ‘No, I would not protect you, in fact I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want.… You don’t pay your bills, you get no protection, it’s very simple.”

Trump went on to tell the crowd that he didn’t expect that delinquents would ever meet their funding commitments if he told them that protection was unconditionally guaranteed. This wasn’t an invitation to Russia, as it’s been famed. Taken literally, the whole thing was a threat. Taken less literally, it was a fear-of-God negotiating tactic. Either way, a brash way of doing diplomacy.

The anecdote has swelled into its own news cycle, but the story isn’t new. Trump told it back in 2022, and it appears to be a tale of his firing of a warning shot at a 2018 NATO summit during which he also threatened to pull the U.S. from the pact. Trump’s disdain for free-riders has been open and loud for many years now.

But no matter how fresh the warning, he’s got a point: mutual defence requires mutual commitment. The treaty text agreed to by NATO states, specifically Article 5, says that an attack against one is considered an attack against all. But before that, in Article 3, it stipulates that each member “will maintain and develop their individual and collective capacity to resist armed attack.”

Further clarity came in 2006, when NATO agreed to a military spending floor or two per cent of GDP. This was re-affirmed in 2014, as members anxiously examined their weak numbers in the wake of Russia’s annexation of Crimea.

It’s an agreement of existential importance, and the U.S. shouldn’t whimsically waltz in and out of it, but neither should member states chronically refuse to honour their end of the deal.

Still, a number of well-to-do nations have allowed their forces to wilt, indicating their total disregard for sustaining the defence pact on which their security relies. Canada only spends 1.4 per cent of its GDP on its military (the sixth-lowest spender in the alliance), and we’re not the only freeloaders out there. France (1.9), the Netherlands (1.7), Denmark (1.7), Germany (1.6), Italy (1.5) and Turkey (1.3) are some other noteworthy examples. Only one-third of NATO is at or above target. It’s no wonder the big spenders are losing patience.

Some will say Trump’s rhetoric is dangerous, but you know what’s more dangerous? The abysmal state of these militaries. The deteriorating equipment. The declining firepower.

What’s astonishing is that these same countries saw Russia accumulating thousands of troops near the Ukraine border prior to invasion in 2022 (Germany actually blocked NATO supply shipments that would have helped Ukraine ready for war); they saw the war kick off; fast-forward to this year, and they saw a good chunk of northern Europe’s GPS systems knocked offline last month. Military spending is a hard sell, even as war brews.

Vladimir Putin’s war has been a wake-up call to a few NATO members (namely Poland and the Baltics), but many are still sleepwalking. Canada is a big offender, having announced a $1 billion cut to the defence budget last September. Overall, total defence spending is at $29 billion — about six partly-completed pipelines, or just under a decade’s worth of electric battery factory subsidies. Spending is often easy for this government, but Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has privately told NATO that Canada will never meet its target. Prime minister hopeful Pierre Poilievre was only a little bit more warm on the issue, telling reporters Tuesday that he’d “work toward” meeting the target.
This very transparently sends the message that, no matter what spending commitments we made under NATO, we believe the U.S. is responsible for our safety no matter what. It’s entitled and naive.

The U.S. is big, rich and strong, but it’s not infinite. It shouldn’t take a bombastic threat/negotiation tactic by a president-hopeful to price bare minimum NATO spending into the budget, but if that’s what it takes, so be it. Member states should be expected to participate in their own survival, and the good cop routine hasn’t worked.

“I hear that they like Obama better,” Trump told the Saturday crowd. “They should like Obama better, you know why? Because he didn’t ask for anything. We were like the stupid country of the world, and we’re not going to be the stupid country of the world any longer.”

Now, we’re getting the bad cop routine. It’s not fun, but it’s what countries that sit at the kids’ table deserve. Better to deal with it now than to wait for yet another war.

National Post
Old 02-15-2024, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Nah he has a few legal hurdles is all, TMS runs amuck but time will tell how this one plays out too.
He is facing the legal hurdles, because his opposition is trying to prevent him from running. But of course some people just don't have the logic to see the connection.
Old 02-15-2024, 09:32 AM

Quote:
He is facing the legal hurdles, because his opposition is trying to prevent him from running. But of course some people just don't have the logic to see the connection.

Unfortunately so called logic like common sense is based on one’s perspective so it’s a crap shoot on any given day.
Now take it to Trumps level and ya just never know what really is going on.
You, me and others are in left to speculate. So called fact gathering is like trying to find the truth which always has three sides.
Fun times in the good US of A!

Old 02-15-2024, 09:59 AM

Default Some are blind.

Quote:
It’s pretty glaringly obvious to see it with our own eyes.
Old 02-15-2024, 10:02 AM

Quote:

Was the invasion of Georgia and Crimea before or after this breaking of the Minsk agreement? Not arguing, generally interested.
Old 02-15-2024, 10:07 AM

Quote:
It’s pretty glaringly obvious to see it with our own eyes.
For anyone with common sense it is obvious, if you can't beat someone in an election, you prevent them from running.
Old 02-15-2024, 10:13 AM

Quote:
For anyone with common sense it is obvious, if you can't beat someone in an election, you prevent them from running.
He hasn’t even won yet and the TDS crowd is foaming at the mouth haha. Perfect. Will be mighty entertaining when he’s president again watching lefties lose it.
Old 02-15-2024, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I’d rather be outdoors View Post
He hasn’t even won yet and the TDS crowd is foaming at the mouth haha. Perfect. Will be mighty entertaining when he’s president again watching lefties lose it.
It's entertaining enough just reading the AO posts by the TDS crowd.
Old 02-15-2024, 10:42 AM

Quote:
It's entertaining enough just reading the AO posts by the TDS crowd.

and the TMS crowd too

Entertainment at its best.

Old 02-15-2024, 10:53 AM

Default Anti Russian rhetoric has been front line with the Democrat’s since they tried to tie Trump to Russia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
Was the invasion of Georgia and Crimea before or after this breaking of the Minsk agreement? Not arguing, generally interested.
The internet is your oyster for that kind of information.
The Russo-Georgian War Was in 2008. The Crimea conflict was early 2014 which was the reason for the Minsk agreement that was made later that year. The west was not supposed to encroach any closer to the Russian border and Ukraine was supposed to stop shelling the Russian part of the Donbas. Both these conditions were broken weather you like Putin or not.
There was a treaty deal drawn up early in the Ukraine war but Biden and Johnson made sure that was axed.
Old 02-15-2024, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
I have been to Georgia in 2021 and I talked to people there. People who were fleeing from Abkhazia with small kids and no warm clothes going thru the mountains. They have no love for Putin, trust me on this one. But they have no hate for Russia or Russian people. They also told me another side of the conflict that nobody knew here. During the USSR time, there was an Institute of nuclear studies and research in Suhumi. Guess what they were researching there?
About 60-70km from Suhumi(capital of Abkhazia) was a highly restricted area… Russian nuclear missiles were positioned there since the times of USSR. THAT WAS THE REASON behind the invasion. Georgia wanted this territory since it was part of soviet Georgia. They wanted this military installation.with nukes. Russia couldn’t give it up. That’s when the poop hit the fan. I am not trying to justify Russia’s behaviour, just explaining the facts.
Just like Crimea that has Russian fleet military bases. Do you see the analogy?
Old 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM

Looks like another of Putins opponents perished......
"Russian prison service said he had died Friday after taking a walk and feeling unwell."
I guess when you're in prisoned you can't really "fall" out of a window, as does every other Putin opponent.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/worl...russia-prison/

Last edited by Scott h; 02-16-2024 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-16-2024, 10:36 PM

This is interesting report by biker. For many this will cause anger. Bad guys=Black Rock.
https://youtu.be/qcSLdMZv8rQ?si=aSZiXF0cJhnoH0PE
Old 02-16-2024, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
This is interesting report by biker. For many this will cause anger. Bad guys=Black Rock.
I have heard also that Black Rock is buying land in Ukraine…. Wasn’t sure if it was true or not.
Old 02-16-2024, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Kennedy would destroy the Alberta economy as he is militant left wing on climate and militant right wing on vaccines.

His own family thinks he’s a nut. He makes the nut bar click bait internet blogger pages a lot.

He’s also a radical Putin fan so he’s into dictators.

He would also bleed more moderate votes from Republicans and fewer from democrats so likely would keep republicans from winning.

Not sure why you want Biden to win again or hope Alberta’s oil patch gets harmed.

Are you climate change activist by chance?

Still would be interesting to see how the US would fair from going from egomaniac to geriatric to psychiatric.

It would be a threefer of Charlie Sheen “WINNERS” president. lol.

Part of your link

Then there is the buying up land false info Russian propaganda being spread. Funny how it gets disseminated. Russia spreads it out and people lap it up and then regurgitate. They do have blog farms and employees around the world.

Wonder how it will impact our elections coming.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-17-2024, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Kennedy would destroy the Alberta economy as he is militant left wing on climate and militant right wing on vaccines.

His own family thinks he’s a nut. He makes the nut bar click bait internet blogger pages a lot.

He would also bleed more moderate votes from Republicans and fewer from democrats so likely would keep republicans from winning.

Not sure why you want Biden to win again or hope Alberta’s oil patch gets harmed.

Still would be interesting to see how the US would fair from going from egomaniac to geriatric to psychiatric.

Part of your link

Then there is the buying up land false info Russian propaganda being spread. Funny how it gets disseminated. Russia spreads it out and people lap it up and then regurgitate. They do have blog farms and employees around the world.

Boy sure am glad we have a AO political expert like yourself. We don’t need to look anywhere else for information, as you cover it all, and your opinions are the only one that matter. Keep it up sundance.
Old 02-17-2024, 09:36 AM

Quote:

Part of your link

I’ve always wondered why people that hate Alberta still live here. Aren’t there prosperous, well rounded, communist countries that’ll support their snowflake views they can go to?
Old 02-17-2024, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Boy sure am glad we have a AO political expert like yourself. We don’t need to look anywhere else for information, as you cover it all, and your opinions are the only one that matter. Keep it up sundance.
Well said.!
Old 02-17-2024, 10:12 AM

Quote:
You provide yours. I can provide mine. Likely neither of us worry if the other changes their mind. However I’d fish with you any day as you are an interesting person.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin