Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2024, 05:10 PM

If this ruling didn't happen in New York, I would say the amount is reflective of the fraud.
However, it was in New York, and the number is likely highly inflated due to who he is, and chosen by someone whispering in the judges ear. Corruption is alive and well on every sides of every political party.
I guess we'll have to wait to see who the judge is at the appeal, and what the actual amount is.

It's pretty sad that the Democrats' last ditch effort not to lose to this old guy, is to try and bankrupt him and put him behind bars before the election.
Shows how much confidence they have in the American people voting for them.
Yet again, this won't be an election where a candidate tries to win, it will be how to make your opponent lose. So pathetic.
Their political turmoil may just be worse than ours, and that's really saying something!
Old 02-16-2024, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
SNC, WE, illegally invoking the emergency act, the now the latest Arrive scam, where the auditors can't even determine how much money was spent, let alone where it went. The only thing preventing him from being investigated is that they owned the RCMP commissioner, and then claimed parliamentary privilege to block the access to evidence.
Taking a page straight outta the Biden crime family playbook
Old 02-16-2024, 05:22 PM

Do we have to be so hard on Trudeau? Not everything he does is his fault.

-Billy Molls
Old 02-16-2024, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
That is so true, the real fault lies with the fools that elected him.
Old 02-16-2024, 05:27 PM

I know a few.

-Billy Molls
Old 02-16-2024, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
I’m waiting for some Dem. D.A. To bring him up on murder charges , since the witch hunt so far hasn’t seemed to be very effective in keeping him from running in the election. Let’s be honest here, if the Dems thought they could beat him ,none of these trials would be necessary.
It's dirty pool and the Republicans would never stoop so low.
Except with Hilary. And Hunter.
Old 02-16-2024, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bigglesworth View Post
It's dirty pool and the Republicans would never stoop so low.
Except with Hilary. And Hunter.
They didn't make near the effort to hold Hillary and Hunter accountable for their crimes, Hillary got away with destroying thousands of e-mails, to hide the evidence, and Hunter had a sweet deal made to hide his crimes, unfortunately, the deal fell through, and now it looks like he will have to go to trial.
Old 02-16-2024, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfraser View Post
I don’t support Trudeau.
If you can prove corruption do it, don’t just talk about it!
Isn't that the Crown Prosecutor's job?
Unfortunately, the organization that would put him in front of that person is owned by PMO, as has been shown several times now.
Kind of corrupt eh?
Old 02-16-2024, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
Unfortunately, the organization that would put him in front of that person is owned by PMO, as has been shown several times now.
Kind of corrupt eh?
Exactly the very people that would investigate him, and judge him,work for him. The PMO appoints the RCMP commissioner , as well as the judges, that would precide in a case against him
Old 02-16-2024, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Kind of corrupt eh?
X2 additionally, a mild distraction to the massive dumpster fire that blackface & misfits tend at home.
Old 02-16-2024, 07:37 PM

Quote:
It's as simple as him being good for the economy. More and more people think that having a job, a place to live, and food on the table, is more import than virtue signaling. Thankfully the same shift in values is also occurring in Canada. All it takes is people having to choose between having food, or having heat, to change some people's minds.
US unemployment rate near a 50 year low.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/UNRATE

Inflation is the US is high post pandemic but is falling and doing better than Canada.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_in...ver%20a%20year.

While I am not fond of Biden… the economy isn’t a justification of a bad job. From a Canadians perspective he is America first, negative on trade, bad for our oil and gas industry and incredibly old and feeble.

CNN was saying today that he was looking feisty. Feisty? lol. An old feeble person could been seen as feisty when upset. A 60 year old president would be strong and angry.

Let’s all just say from a Canadians point of view… Trump is better for Canadian trade… even though we did have trade fights and he was also protectionist and nationalistic… he is a fraudster and deemed an sexual assaulter in the courts. He has done some crazy stuff and believes he has the right do anything he wants because of his money and fame and past employment.

If Biden did the same stuff, we would all be appalled. If any one with money said they were above the law we would be upset.

An analyst was saying the $355 judgment with interest is closer to $450 MM. Trump’s kids also owe $4 million each.

Trump wants to appeal and by law he has to provide the court with the money first. Pundits are saying he doesn’t have the liquidity to pay $450 million and may be forced into a fire sale.

Then he owes almost $90 million in defamation costs.

More coming. The guy has ruined himself with a massive megalomaniac narcissistic personality glitch. I don’t feel bad for him. He’s made his bed and his money doesn’t make him impervious to consequences.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-16-2024, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traderal View Post
No surprise here that it was politically motivated.Trial was a done deal before it started. Was a sure bet.

"Legal cases are supposed to be decided based on the application of established legal principles to the actual evidence," Kise said. "During 44 days of trial, not one witness, not one complaint, and not one victim supported the Attorney General's manufactured claims of ‘fraud.' Moreover, the evidence established President Trump's net worth far exceeded what was reported in his financial statements."
Kise said "even the bankers actually involved in the loans testified there was nothing misleading, there was no fraud, and the transactions were all highly profitable."
"But the Court blatantly refused to follow a binding Appellate Division decision, ignored and twisted the evidence, and imposed a draconian and unconstitutional fine and a corporate ‘death penalty’ on President Trump, his family, and the extraordinary global business empire he developed over a lifetime of hard work and achievement," Kise continued. "Hard to imagine a more unfair process and hard to believe this is happening in America."
A statement by the defendants lawyer is not fact. It’s his argument.

The court was shown evidence that Trump listed his home as 30,000 sqft when it was 10,000 sqft. They showed Maralargo could be worth more that the $28 million municipal property tax evaluation as a private residence however Trump himself signed a deed that stated it could never be a private residence. The court also was show the price Trump used for the loans would be 400 X more that any other private residence in the US.

The law pertains to fraud and just because banks made money doesn’t mean fraud wasn’t employed to gain an advantage.

Plus the judge didn’t do the corporate death penalty in this case. Pundits thought the judge would but he didn’t.

Instead the company needs to be run by a third party supervised to ensure laws are followed and they need a compliance group to make sure laws aren’t broken again.

The penalty was high and deservedly so as we all know if it was a low penalty Trump would just do it again and again. Now he won’t.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-16-2024, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
US unemployment rate near a 50 year low.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/UNRATE

Inflation is the US is high post pandemic but is falling and doing better than Canada.

https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_in...ver%20a%20year.

While I am not fond of Biden… the economy isn’t a justification of a bad job. From a Canadians perspective he is America first, negative on trade, bad for our oil and gas industry and incredibly old and feeble.

CNN was saying today that he was looking feisty. Feisty? lol. An old feeble person could been seen as feisty when upset. A 60 year old president would be strong and angry.

Let’s all just say from a Canadians point of view… Trump is better for Canadian trade… even though we did have trade fights and he was also protectionist and nationalistic… he is a fraudster and deemed an sexual assaulter in the courts. He has done some crazy stuff and believes he has the right do anything he wants because of his money and fame and past employment.

If Biden did the same stuff, we would all be appalled. If any one with money said they were above the law we would be upset.

An analyst was saying the $355 judgment with interest is closer to $450 MM. Trump’s kids also owe $4 million each.

Trump wants to appeal and by law he has to provide the court with the money first. Pundits are saying he doesn’t have the liquidity to pay $450 million and may be forced into a fire sale.

Then he owes almost $90 million in defamation costs.

More coming. The guy has ruined himself with a massive megalomaniac narcissistic personality glitch. I don’t feel bad for him. He’s made his bed and his money doesn’t make him impervious to consequences.
If you were an American ,which would you rather have?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-a...193757815.html

17.9% total inflation for Biden

6.2% total inflation for Trump.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 02-16-2024 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-16-2024, 09:42 PM

Quote:
If you were an American ,which would you rather have?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-a...193757815.html

17.9% total inflation for Biden

6.2% total inflation for Trump.
I want 0 inflation however Covid took inflation to zero during the **** downs and then companies used the recover to inflate prices and during Covid joblessness shot up and now everyone is working and spending.

I hear what you are saying but it’s not really an apples to apples comparison.

Also the reasons for some price increase appears in cases to be manufactured and fudged. Also carbon taxes in Canada seems to have a major trickle down effect.

Shrinkflation also is hard to track and inflation may be worse now across the board.
Old 02-16-2024, 10:11 PM

This is all happening because Trump threatened to drain the swamp and put Hillary in Jail. You don’t mess with Hillary.
He’s lucky he hasn’t fallen out a window . I guess there’s still time
Old 02-17-2024, 03:44 AM

I guess we can change the joke now...

A convicted rapist
A convicted fraudster
and a Russian mole walk into a bar

The bartender says - "can I get you a beer Mr Trump"?
Old 02-17-2024, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post

yes, yes we do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundog57 View Post
I guess we can change the joke now...

A convicted rapist
A convicted fraudster
and a Russian mole walk into a bar

The bartender says - "can I get you a beer Mr Trump"?
he was not convicted of rape. Might of grabber her by the *****, but who hasnt hahaha
Old 02-17-2024, 07:54 AM

Default Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaHorn View Post
yes, yes we do

he was not convicted of rape. Might of grabber her by the *****, but who hasnt hahaha
The Judge said what the jury found Trump did was in fact rape!
Old 02-17-2024, 08:35 AM

Default What a head hunt.

Oh boy.
The TDS is strong in this thread.
I wonder how Biden made his millions as a career politician.
At least Trump used his own money as collateral and not taxpayers.

I can’t wait until Trump is president again, the only way that is not going to happen now is if they kill him.
Old 02-17-2024, 08:38 AM

Quote:
The Judge said what the jury found Trump did was in fact rape!
I looked it up and while sexual assault was the charge against Trump, New York has a narrow definition of rape whereas most other jurisdictions aren’t as narrow. Most places in the US the charge would of been rape. Hence Trumps counterclaim was tossed out. Legally and factually she can call it rape.

You are correct.
Old 02-17-2024, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckCuller View Post
Oh boy.

I can’t wait until Trump is president again, the only way that is not going to happen now is if they kill him.

Biden; Hold my beer!
Old 02-17-2024, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Oh boy.

Biden made his money dishonestly...

The hypocrisy of Trumps fanboys is something else.
Old 02-17-2024, 09:18 AM

Quote:
If this ruling didn't happen in New York, I would say the amount is reflective of the fraud.
However, it was in New York, and the number is likely highly inflated due to who he is, and chosen by someone whispering in the judges ear. Corruption is alive and well on every sides of every political party.
I guess we'll have to wait to see who the judge is at the appeal, and what the actual amount is.

It's pretty sad that the Democrats' last ditch effort not to lose to this old guy, is to try and bankrupt him and put him behind bars before the election.
Shows how much confidence they have in the American people voting for them.
Yet again, this won't be an election where a candidate tries to win, it will be how to make your opponent lose. So pathetic.
Their political turmoil may just be worse than ours, and that's really saying something!
At the same time… Nikki Haley says their own polling numbers shows in a general election that Biden wins over Trump versus with Nikki at the helm the Republicans win by 17 points.

There are blinders on the members of the cult of Trump. He screams how corrupt the system is and how polluted the swamp is while he is corrupt and wallowing in the swamp himself. It’s just like how Trudeau says he is a feminist while he has beaten down all his strongest women leaders. Trudeau screams how he is making a transparent government while he hides all his misdeeds. Those on the sides with confirmation bias weighing them down just can’t see it.
Old 02-17-2024, 09:25 AM

Default Trump

Quote:
Oh boy.

Even the U.S. is not crazy enough to elect a convicted rapist, fraudster and soon to be a convicted criminal!
Old 02-17-2024, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Even the U.S. is not crazy enough to elect a convicted rapist, fraudster and soon to be a convicted criminal!
Our environment minister was convicted of a criminal offence.
Old 02-17-2024, 10:55 AM

I suppose it all comes down to what SCOTUS does over the next while over Trump's eligibility to even run for office, they may be inclined to settle the issue in spite of all other parties wishes. I don't see what the Republicans really have to gain by having his daughter in law possibly running the party if he is barred from running, some of their stances are truly counterproductive to their own party.
One way or the other, whole scenario and any of the outcomes are pretty much a total clusterflop, nobody wins and overall, the US loses.
Old 02-17-2024, 11:54 AM

Default Guilbeault

Quote:
Our environment minister was convicted of a criminal offence.
Guilbeault was with Greenpeace and climbed the CN tower in 2001 to protest Canada and the U.S.’s failure to ratify the Kyoto Protocol.
Was charged and convicted of mischief and sentenced to one year probation.
Old 02-17-2024, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Guilbeault was with Greenpeace and climbed the CN tower in 2001 to protest Canada and the U.S.’s failure to ratify the Kyoto Protocol.
Was charged and convicted of mischief and sentenced to one year probation.
Exactly, he was convicted of a violation of the criminal code, which makes him a convicted criminal.
Old 02-17-2024, 12:04 PM

And he failed to learn from that mischief charge.

On April 11, 2002, Guilbeault trespassed on Ralph and Colleen Klein's property and climbed onto their house roof to try to install unwanted solar panels and GreenPeace banners.

https://calgaryherald.com/opinion/co...nment-minister

Repeat offender.......
Old 02-17-2024, 12:13 PM

Default Trump

Quote:
Exactly, he was convicted of a violation of the criminal code, which makes him a convicted criminal.
Trump supporters reek of desperation!
Closed Thread