Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-16-2024, 06:41 AM

Default Huge Drug Busts Gone Wrong

The biggest cocaine bust in Alberta history, now the charges are stayed, and a huge drug bust in Victoria, and the case is falling apart. What is going on, when they catch those responsible, and can't even put together a case to convict them? How are we supposed to deal with drug abuse, if we can't punish the big dealers?

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/cri...e-cocaine-bust

https://globalnews.ca/news/10294880/...ase-collapses/
Old 02-16-2024, 06:56 AM

when the Lieberal government legalizes hard drugs to keep their voters under control why should their gestapo waste time even trying to curb dealers. easier riding horses over old ladies and beating handicapped veterans

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 02-16-2024, 06:57 AM

This most likely all stems from my old schoolmate finally getting nabbed. Crayton, you might remember him from our old gym…: Ricco is no doubt singing like a canary..
He’s been in trouble before but he grew to be one of the biggest king pins in Canada directly linked to the cartels.. he still hasn’t seen court over this..

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6599747

Last edited by 1899b; 02-16-2024 at 07:10 AM.
Old 02-16-2024, 06:58 AM

It seems these days that prosecutors and judges look for anyway they can to get the hard drug dealers and every other criminal off the hook. Add corrupt police into the equation and we have three partys fighting to get criminals off the hook. Do we even need criminal defense lawyers anymore? Sheesh!
Old 02-16-2024, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
This all stems from my old schoolmate finally getting nabbed. Crayton, you might remember him from our old gym…: Ricco is no doubt singing like a canary..
He’s been in trouble before but he grew to be one of the biggest king pins in Canada directly linked to the cartels.. he still hasn’t seen court over this..

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6599747
I remember when he was in real estate, and the top drug dealer in the city was renting a home from him in my neighborhood, when the RCMP raided them, and hauled away vehicles and merchandise. I didn't realize that he became one of the actual drug kingpins. He seemed like a decent kid when I first met him, how things change.
Old 02-16-2024, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I remember when he was in real estate, and the top drug dealer in the city was renting a home from him in my neighborhood, when the RCMP raided them, and hauled away vehicles and merchandise. I didn't realize that he became one of the actual drug kingpins. He seemed like a decent kid when I first met him, how things change.
Yes he sold real estate when both my Mom and him worked for Patrick O’Donnell back in the day.

Google him, he also got off with a murder wrap a few years ago…
Crazy…
Old 02-16-2024, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Yes he sold real estate when both my Mom and him worked for Patrick O’Donnell back in the day.

Google him, he also got off with a murder wrap a few years ago…
Crazy…
Apparently he was arrested and charged back in 2017, but charges were stayed after that case was bungled by our legal system.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...ayed-1.5191130
Old 02-16-2024, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Apparently he was arrested and charged back in 2017, but charges were stayed after that case was bungled by our legal system.

Yuppers he’s also mentioned in the Caines trial.

There is a PDF file on Google on the Caines trial that talks about the undercover cop that finally took Jeff down. The under cover cop was a French guy with a pony tail that was a regular at our old gym. Lol
Old 02-16-2024, 07:39 AM

Why do young people want to do drugs?
Some are from good families and have everything going for them.
Then when teenagers in school . want to be cool? I can't understand or wrap my head around it.
There is no keeping drugs out of country but why do people want them?
Old 02-16-2024, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Yuppers he’s also mentioned in the Caines trial.

There is a PDF file on Google on the Caines trial that talks about the undercover cop that finally took Jeff down. The under cover cop was a French guy with a pony tail that was a regular at our old gym. Lol
Caines lived right beside a good friend, a block from me, we sat and drank beer and watched the RCMP loading up the bikes and vehicles, and cleaning out the house.

I do remember Byron, the RCMP officer caught for selling steroids out of Cy's gym, as he worked as a personal trainer.
Old 02-16-2024, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
Then when teenagers in school . want to be cool? I can't understand or wrap my head around it.
Young people? I knew of mature notables in my old community that were doing them. Even a council member or two. Well established people do drugs too..
Old 02-16-2024, 07:44 AM

We need more support for drug addicts and those affected.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 02-16-2024, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
We need more support for drug addicts and those affected.
The fact that all these trials are being stayed is a real issue. Not good….
Old 02-16-2024, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
It seems these days that prosecutors and judges look for anyway they can to get the hard drug dealers and every other criminal off the hook. Add corrupt police into the equation and we have three partys fighting to get criminals off the hook. Do we even need criminal defense lawyers anymore? Sheesh!
Of course they do!!! That way they have all the bases covered to do what needs to be done. Plus, they also need a cut of the pie
Old 02-16-2024, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Caines lived right beside a good friend, a block from me, we sat and drank beer and watched the RCMP loading up the bikes and vehicles, and cleaning out the house.

I do remember Byron, the RCMP officer caught for selling steroids out of Cy's gym, as he worked as a personal trainer.
Byron was my Mom’s real estate client. His buddy Barry from back then, is still a Constable and lives two blocks from me now..

I have constant McMurray reminders all around me. Lol. I’ll pm you who just moved in next door this past summer….
Old 02-16-2024, 08:29 AM

What you have to remember is that the $1.8 Million in Coke does not get returned.

For Proceeds of Crime, the things seized, like Bank Accounts, Cars, and Houses, forces the Drug Dealer to prove that the purchases were legitimate with legitimate money that they have to trace, which is REAL HARD...

Because they did not pay Income Tax on any of it, and then there is the Income Tax penalties on the NET WORTH ASSESSMENT.

I do not do this work, as I am not in allegiance with the Gangs who hire their trusted lawyers to do this work.

The Catalytic Converter Bust saw someone who was allegedly a refugee from Eretria's civil war declare about $24K in income tax, but had over $300K in a Bank Account, and hundreds of Catalytic Converters in a storage locker.

Guess what happened to all the money and property? Guess where this guy is going back to?

Drewski
Old 02-16-2024, 08:34 AM

For the Victoria case, there was a dirty cop involved who to put it bluntly was working for the other side. Hard to keep criminals off the streets, when you have one working under your nose in the police department.
Old 02-16-2024, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
.... judges look for anyway they can to get the hard drug dealers and every other criminal off the hook...!
Our legal system has raised the bar for evidence to the point that unless you literally have video of the guy admitting to it and the police did every single step of the procedure correctly you won't get a conviction. See below.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...tness-evidence

I get that we want protection against improper prosecution, but it seems like the only people that get punished are those without the means to defend themselves.
Old 02-16-2024, 08:35 AM

If any of these cases actually went to court intact, the justice system would have just held the OP's title. A bust gone wrong.
Zero consequences....
Old 02-16-2024, 08:39 AM
AO Sponsor

They may have known he had drugs but no legal reason for search and seizure, so rather than let the guy go on the side of the road with his drugs, they take them even though they have no probable cause. They know it will not stand up in court but at least the drugs are off the street. It isn't that uncommon actually.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 02-16-2024, 08:48 AM

Quote:
My thought is, we have allowed society to evolve to a point that humans were never designed to handle, it's the easy way out.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 02-16-2024, 08:52 AM

It's easy to understand why the RCMP get frustrated and would rather write tickets for tinted windows than arrest drug dealers. Most honest folks just mail in a check instead of hiring a lawyer to discredit the arresting officers in court.

I don't understand how a judge could throw out a multi million dollar case with a mountain of evidence over the indiscretion of one police officer. It really makes me wonder how many judges are on the take and looking for any excuse to dismiss charges. There's no other logical reason to not take that case to trial and let the evidence play out.

Gerry Burnie
Old 02-16-2024, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Young people? I knew of mature notables in my old community that were doing them. Even a council member or two. Well established people do drugs too..
Young or old, a lot of it has to do with the circles you run with.

Anxiety/depression and disillusionment are factors as well.

The sad part is, once you're in, it's very hard to get out.
Old 02-16-2024, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Lots of truth with this.

When I had to do a wellenss check on my mother and found her decessed a call to the police was made. Sitting around talking with the officer after I asked how many like these he had to deal with. His area got 3 to 5 a week and the majority were drug overdoses with it not being uncommon to be called and it was a lawyer, business person etc -- not just the street person.
Old 02-16-2024, 09:37 AM

Tony Soprano made avoiding jail easy , here's 500 grand buddy , i better walk or we will put a moon roof in your head.....or your wife's . Nobody here's about it.
Old 02-16-2024, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
Young or old, a lot of it has to do with the circles you run with.

Anxiety/depression and disillusionment are factors as well.

The sad part is, once you're in, it's very hard to get out.
You would think an older person would know better than to turn to drugs?
Alcohol was bad enough. That's what some people turned to years ago.
We kind of start off pretty good in life but more stuff happens. More stuff builds up inside us.
Some find peace with religion. Others get addictions like gambling or other distractions. It just seems crazy that some choose these hard drugs and basically if you buy drugs off street you have no idea what's in it. Just doesn't make sense to me
Old 02-16-2024, 10:18 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackleyman View Post
Tony Soprano made avoiding jail easy , here's 500 grand buddy , i better walk or we will put a moon roof in your head.....or your wife's . Nobody here's about it.
With just the details given in the CBC article, it sure appears that the judge causing the delay had some kind of motivation to do so.

It would be something to learn why the judge screwed up when deciding whether to procede with charges against two hired hits.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 02-16-2024, 10:43 AM

Most likely anybody caught with a million dollars of drugs will end up dying anyway even if the case is bungled up.
Someone is going to be very P’d off his drugs have been lost.
Old 02-16-2024, 11:17 AM

Quote:
You would think an older person would know better than to turn to drugs?
Alcohol was bad enough. That's what some people turned to years ago.
We kind of start off pretty good in life but more stuff happens. More stuff builds up inside us.
Some find peace with religion. Others get addictions like gambling or other distractions. It just seems crazy that some choose these hard drugs and basically if you buy drugs off street you have no idea what's in it. Just doesn't make sense to me
Oh common! Once I turn 80, I am going to start snorting like a horse! What do I have to loose?! At least I will be going out of this life with a bang! add some magical blue pill- and the life can’t be better!
With a diaper full of my own poop I will be so high that I would think it is a nice warm ocean!
Old 02-16-2024, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
With just the details given in the CBC article, it sure appears that the judge causing the delay had some kind of motivation to do so.

It would be something to learn why the judge screwed up when deciding whether to procede with charges against two hired hits.
That was my thought as well, was the judge bought, or threatened?