Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-26-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdbeast View Post
I believe it might change the balance if we revoke her bail and put her in jail, like the Canadians being detained. If she is sitting in jail instead of her multi-million dollar mansion China might be motivated to play nice. We are a lawful country dealing with a lawless regime.
Not a bad idea, I’m sure that some loophole could be found. Especially egregious is the Chinese governments attempts at interference with our legal processes. They’ve crossed numerous lines such that she should be in protective custody for her own safety and to ensure she does not flee the country. Maybe put her in a jail with a fentanyl problem (ironic, considering that the fentanyl also originates from China)
Old 06-26-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
I believe it might change the balance if we revoke her bail and put her in jail, like the Canadians being detained. If she is sitting in jail instead of her multi-million dollar mansion China might be motivated to play nice. We are a lawful country dealing with a lawless regime.
That the tough part. We have laws and processes to follow and it's dangerous to set precedents. Couldn't imagine if Trudeau had powers to change laws without checks and balances! Extradition takes time and she is fighting the extradition in the court system which means it will take even longer. Sad part is I think when she is sent to the states, Trump will sign an executive order and send her back.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:17 AM

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/kello...na-dan-meagher

Buy Canadian go to farmers markets.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:28 AM
Banned

The unfortunate part is, Canada’s population is 37 million, China’s capitol, Beijing has a population of 21 million.....

If Canada boycotts Chinese goods, the effects on China will be minuscule. Canada on the other hand has 64% of its GDP dependent on exports and China is/was a big client.

I’m all for eliminating all trade with China, they are used to using dirty tactics to get their way, by no means an ideal trade partner. Sourcing new, more trustworthy trade partners should be a priority moving forward in 2020.

Last edited by Kurt505; 06-26-2019 at 09:35 AM.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
The unfortunate part is, Canada’s population is 37 million, China’s capitol, Beijing has a population of 21 million.....

If Canada boycotts Chinese goods, the effects on China will be minuscule. Canada on the other hand has 64% of its GDP dependent on exports and China is/was a big client.

I’m all for eliminating all trade with China, they are used to using dirty tactics to get their way, by no means an ideal trade partner. Sourcing new trade partners should be a priority moving forward in 2020.
That huge population has colossal needs to feed themselves and for energy and other materials. They can be leveraged when there is will. Of course there are other suppliers but we should also concentrate on equally serving other markets. Diversification is key, when you have many clients, you can't be bullied by an obnoxious primary client.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:39 AM

Don’t dodge the point.

We arrested her in honour of our treaty. That was proper.

Why haven’t the Americans taken her after all this time?

I think it’s because they get to do harm to both us and China at the same time.

It’s a clear case of “Let’s you and him fight”.

I’ve been around a long time, and I’ve learned that there are two main philosophies in life - from individuals, to corporations, to the foreign policies of nations.
The first is “Let’s work together, in support of each other, and together we’ll grow stronger”.
The second is “If I step on you, I stand taller, and am therefore stronger by comparison.”

Why haven’t the Americans taken Ming after all this time?
Because they’ve seen an opportunity to step on us, and they’ve hung us out to dry.

Last edited by Oldan Grumpi; 06-26-2019 at 09:57 AM.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
That huge population has colossal needs to feed themselves and for energy and other materials. They can be leveraged when there is will. Of course there are other suppliers but we should also concentrate on equally serving other markets. Diversification is key, when you have many clients, you can't be bullied by an obnoxious primary client.
On that note, aren't they having huge infection/illness issues with their pigs/cattle? I thought I heard that there were huge culls going on.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:54 AM

Turdo goes to the U.S., tells the media of how he and Trump are going to "talk" to China about our common issues at the G20. A week later and just before the G20 conference, all meat is banned for export to China. They know how to play ball, dirty tactics but they play. Turdo does not.

Sometimes I wonder what ole Harper would have done in this situation. He didn't seem to have a problem speaking his mind or standing up for Canada.

I like the idea of putting the lady in question in a jail cell while she waits for the U.S. to do something. Tit for Tat. We should take her across the border and say here you go.

Crazy times when the world knows your leader is weak.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
So far, the most precise and factual post in this thread ! ***
Old 06-26-2019, 10:04 AM

Sometimes I wonder what ole Harper would have done in this situation. He didn't seem to have a problem speaking his mind or standing up for Canada.

I think he’d have said “ Here she is Donald, you have 30 days to get your paper work in order.”
Old 06-26-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldan Grumpi View Post
Don’t dodge the point.

We arrested her in honour of our treaty. That was proper.

Why haven’t the Americans taken her after all this time?

I think it’s because they get to do harm to both us and China at the same time.

It’s a clear case of “Let’s you and him fight”.

I’ve been around a long time, and I’ve learned that there are two main philosophies in life - from individuals, to corporations, to the foreign policies of nations.
The first is “Let’s work together, in support of each other, and together we’ll grow stronger”.
The second is “If I step on you, I stand taller, and am therefore stronger by comparison.”

Why haven’t the Americans taken Ming after all this time?
Because they’ve seen an opportunity to step on us, and they’ve hung us out to dry.
I haven't been around a long time but long enough to realize NOTHING works fast in the government and NOTHING works fast in the legal system. It could be the US stalling but is also due to our slow processes in the legal and government systems.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:

I think he’d have said “ Here she is, you have 30 days to get your paper work in order.”
Doubtful as we have laws to prevent this. Prime Ministers cannot dictate new laws. Now if Trudeau had some man parts, maybe he would call Trump up and demand that they expedite their request rather than waiting until the last minute to fill out the paperwork.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:14 AM

I can't believe what a bunch of wooosies Canadians have become..Willing to sell there souls for a few cheap bobals.....Our fore fathers who died defending your freedoms...would be so proud
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:23 AM

The Americans must be laughing their arses off at us. Landlocked oil and meat.
Soon they will be getting our oil for 11 bucks a barrel and a big juicy T-bone for 5 bucks.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
I can't believe what a bunch of wooosies Canadians have become..Willing to sell there souls for a few cheap bobals.....Our fore fathers who died defending your freedoms...would be so proud
So true , Canadian Market place is inundated with substandard goods of ALL types merchandise, Chineese manufactured goods, at what Canadian consumers think they are getting a DEAL because similar goods with some element of QUALITY are a bit more $$$ at the checkout , our landfills are overwhelmed with defective junk that does not last ,

The master plan, to crumble western economies with cheap, poor quality goods, North Amerca is becoming dependant and unable to even produce t shirts and snow shovels because WE depend on crapp for a lower price from Cosco or walmart ,
Old 06-26-2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
I think some are missing the real issue here.

We arrested the woman in question in respect of our extradition treaty with the U.S.

The U.S. has been dragging their feet on taking her, because as long as we have her, we bear the brunt of Chinese retaliation. For Trump, it’s a win/win. She’s in custody, and we take the punishment on the Americans behalf....he’s hurting both Canada and China at no cost to himself.

It’s time we quit kissing yankee a*s and stood up for ourselves; they’ve had plenty of time to take her if they want her. Our spineless Little Potato should just apologize to her for the inconvenience and let her go.
Bingo. Following trumps declaration that we are a security risk, a notice to extradite within 10 days or release should be in order.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Should never have arrested that woman. You don't poke a grizzly. Now Canadian farmers pay. Big time. Stupid.
Actually we have a legal agreement with the US to do exactly what we did. It was that a**hat down south that started it, but Canada has a tendency to follow the law. This situation just shows why we shouldn't deal with China cuz this is how they operate. If you base a business model on dealing with them, it's just a matter of time til they'll screw you over.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Should never have arrested that woman. You don't poke a grizzly. Now Canadian farmers pay. Big time. Stupid.
Exactly.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskbooknut View Post
Don't forget the Canadian meat processor that forged animal health certificates, and gave an opening to this Chinese trade embargo.

There is one meat processor in Canada that should be hung, drawn and quartered.
I bet when they get to the bottom of that "forged " certificate there will be a little a guy with a name like Wong, Lee or Woo......
Old 06-26-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
You believe Canadians would be willing to give up their phones, tablets, computers and cameras? I don't think so.
Or pay a couple extra bucks for a non Chinese version. Their products are crap, but they are cheap so many will gladly scoop them up .
Old 06-26-2019, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Trump changed the Agreement signed by Europe, US and Canada with Iran. He made his bed and now we Canadian farmers are paying the price with China by holding the Hwaie Lady. "Let her Go" we followed improper legal procedure in arresting her. Trudeau had no problem changing "rule of law" with SNC until Jodie stepped in and stopped him.
Trump started the whole situation knowing Canada had no choice if we were to hold up our agreement. We are stuck between two morally corrupt regimes.....
Old 06-26-2019, 08:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
I bet when they get to the bottom of that "forged " certificate there will be a little a guy with a name like Wong, Lee or Woo......
Hahah, I wouldn't be surprised. Oh well, Canada is just a joke country anyway.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub View Post
We got duped into an economic war with a large customer who has a moral compass not like our own. Why we didn’t let the US take out their own garbage is beyond me. We have no pull with China. They are going to continue to hammer us over this Hauwai thing even if the US and China agreed to a trade deal tomorrow. Unfortunately our current leaders are proven idiots, the US and China think we are fools, and Canada is inconsequential to the big picture.
The Chinese are right. Our leader is a fool and they smell weakness and are exploiting it. While we self destruct internally the Chinese are putting the boots to all of us.
The liberal party needs to disappear from the electoral map. There’s not much left to destroy in this country and what is left I’m sure Sparkle socks or climate change Barbie will mKe sure they stamp it into the dirt!

BW
Old 06-26-2019, 08:24 PM

Honouring the agreement is important.

It is now time for our southern neighbour and other countries to help apply pressure to a country who is acting like they can get away with anything they want. Whether it is this dispute or another, a correction is due.

Unfortunately, the document and chemical issue actually has a factual basis, a timely gift for the Chinese to pretend their actions generally would have a factual basis. I’ll try to do my part by buying and smoking extra meats.

Canadians should vote with their dollars and voice concern, even if only for the sake of standing up. This dispute is a troubling reality check on our own frailty and lack of international support. Truly disappointing and an outrage.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaHunter View Post
Hahah, I wouldn't be surprised. Oh well, Canada is just a joke country anyway.
Happy advance Canada Day to you Sir! Very real to some, no joke
Old 06-26-2019, 09:30 PM
Gone Hunting

How many businesses in Canada have Chinese investments. Problems come with foreign investment. Stop buying Chinese products and do not allow them to invest in Canada.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 06-26-2019, 09:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
How many businesses in Canada have Chinese investments. Problems come with foreign investment. Stop buying Chinese products and do not allow them to invest in Canada.
North Americans all want everything CHEAP!! North Americans know the COST of everything BUT have no clue about QUALITY..Have a look through this forum when it comes to prices on anything
Old 06-26-2019, 10:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuard84 View Post
Happy advance Canada Day to you Sir! Very real to some, no joke
Well, according to our glorious and most fabulous Prime Minster. Canada doesn't have a culture, therefore there is no Canada, therefore Canada is a joke country.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskbooknut View Post
Don't forget the Canadian meat processor that forged animal health certificates, and gave an opening to this Chinese trade embargo.

There is one meat processor in Canada that should be hung, drawn and quartered.
Apparently the meat and forged certificate most likely never comes from Canada. It's a forged Canadian cert that is attached to someone else's product, originating in China or other Country. It's been a problem that has plagued China for decades apparently. They are just using it as an excuse for political reasons. It is likened to; the lawn in Chinas back yard is too long, must be Canada's fault.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:22 PM

I just checked my fridge, the closest things in there to China is from the menonite colony in Mayerthorpe. I even stopped buying BC beer. Take that Pacific Ocean.