Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-05-2014, 08:01 PM

About 10 years ago, a friend and I were hunting north of hwy 55 near Frenchman Lake. He went one way and I went the other. We were to sit it blinds until nightfall, regroup and head back to camp.

While in my blind I could hear someone hitting a log or post against another in no discernible rhythm. It sounded odd... whatever.

At nightfall we regrouped and quaded back. I felt very uncomfortable, as if something was breathing down my neck an staring me down. After a nice super, a quick beer and a movies we hit they hay. At roughly three o'clock in the morning, we were awaken by a loud slapping noise and the entire camper shaking all to hell. I though it was my buddy, and he though it was me but when we met up in the kitchen we both realized it was something else.

We turn on the outside lights, grabbed a flashlight and I loaded for bear. We opened the door and noticed I snowed about 4". We walked around the camper and found nothing. No tracks, no sign of anything but one thing. We found a plate sized rock laying in the snow and a dent in the camper. We circled around and found no tracks, no sign of a vehicle.

What a freagin weird experience...
Old 02-05-2014, 08:55 PM

There is a chunk of brush 600 yards long north to south and 150 yards wide east to west we push for deer every year. Due to the wind almost always coming from the south we post a shooter on the north end and push from the south or still hunt it from the north heading south. The very first time I took my son to help push through it several years ago he commented when we got out the north end that it just creeped him out big time. I had never mentioned to him the things that have happened to me on every occasion pushing from the south end. You totally loose your sense of time and direction. I've crossed my own tracks in the snow several times crossing back and forth and I couldn't explain it to myself. Once I crossed my tracks heading in both directions and not once did I back track my own tracks that day. When you get out the other end it's like a weight comes off you. Now if you head from north to south you never get that feeling or loose your bearings. Two years ago with about 8 inches of snow I cut my tracks on one of my mystery loops. I was chuckling to myself until I saw the big Cougar tracks in my tracks following me. Pucker factor to the nines because you can't recall going that way or how much time had passed.

Last edited by bruceba; 02-05-2014 at 08:56 PM. Reason: added to it
Old 02-05-2014, 09:02 PM

I never told anyone about this story thinking no one would believe me.

I was working on some equipment at work one day and had to take off a lift hose to repair a leak. I chain up the mast as I always do and start doing the repair. I'm under the clamp doing the repair when I swear I get a tap on my shoulder and some one tell me to put another chain on just Incase, I turn and their is no one there. I put another chain because it felt it was the right thing to do. I get back to work and what happens the 1st chain breaks!!! Mast drops until the 2nd chain tightens. I don't think I have ever moved that fast!!!
If I didn't put the 2nd chain on I probably would be here, I guess it just wasn't my time yet.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bullets View Post
Sh!t no, that is nothing in comparison.
There's no animal that i know that could match by a long shot produce the sound i heard.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:50 AM

Some very creepy stories here guys. I've been saving up to see what the others got and have determined that no most will not think I'm certifiable.

Just some weird feelings to start.
When I was 19 my uncle passed away, he had been sick for a few months and just progressively slipped. I had already moved out and was at my dads for the night to help move cows in the am. I was sitting on the couch enjoying a cold beer and I had a overwhelming sense of warmth come over me. Completely utterly calming, I felt such warmth and happiness. Less than 5 minutes later the phone rang it was 1130pm and it was my cousin my uncle had passed. The next day I mentioned this to my mother who said a couple days before she had a dream about my uncle. We were branding without him because we always branded together and he was always there. He suddenly walked up to corrals where we always branded leading a horse he had long ago and they were both dusty and looked tired. He splashed his face and ran his fingers through his hair with that trough water. She told him she was glad he made it, he said he wouldn't miss it. He looked over at us throwing calves and gave a appreciative smile and told her "looks like the boys are doing okay" hesitated a moment and says " well I better put this horse away he's had a long trip". Then poof he was gone and the dream was over.
Eerie kind of. Explainable due to the sickness. Maybe
Anyway the second weird part of this is from branding for so many years there's a picture hanging on the wall of "the boys" and there are 10 of us it wasn't posed at all just spur if the moment, half of them are gone but the odd part is they've gone in the order they stand in the photo. Thankfully I'm
Last but that makes sense as I am the youngest in the photo by 10 years.
Weird. Kinda
Old 02-06-2014, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumoulin View Post
About 10 years ago, a friend and I were hunting north of hwy 55 near Frenchman Lake. He went one way and I went the other. We were to sit it blinds until nightfall, regroup and head back to camp.

While in my blind I could hear someone hitting a log or post against another in no discernible rhythm. It sounded odd... whatever.

At nightfall we regrouped and quaded back. I felt very uncomfortable, as if something was breathing down my neck an staring me down. After a nice super, a quick beer and a movies we hit they hay. At roughly three o'clock in the morning, we were awaken by a loud slapping noise and the entire camper shaking all to hell. I though it was my buddy, and he though it was me but when we met up in the kitchen we both realized it was something else.

We turn on the outside lights, grabbed a flashlight and I loaded for bear. We opened the door and noticed I snowed about 4". We walked around the camper and found nothing. No tracks, no sign of anything but one thing. We found a plate sized rock laying in the snow and a dent in the camper. We circled around and found no tracks, no sign of a vehicle.

What a freagin weird experience...
Man, that really creeps me out. For the past couple of years whitetail has opened early in that area so I have spent a lot of time hunting there (it's only a 20 minute drive from home). Really good hunting as there seems to be a reasonable abundance of animals. Once I rattled a little spiker within 15 yards and another time I nearly walked right into a cow moose who was just standing along the edge of a trail.

Sometimes I'd hike way out into the bush and get back to my pickup at dark or on a few occasions well after dark. After hearing your story I don't think I'll be doing anymore hiking out there.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:12 AM

Default Part 2

So here are the other brushes with weirdness

Try being in a sweat lodge when the animal grandfathers come to visit... Very odd and very cool. Anybody doesn't believe me come out for a sweat sometimes. At the place my dad has his sweats you can really feel the spirits, the dogs would not go there. Surreal experience though. Open invite to those with a open mind and open heart. Not race exclusive either anybody welcome. pm me if interested.

So anyway at the elementary school I went to there was the old custodian lady who worked their for years and years. She died but continues to visit. Staff working late all sane normal people have heard toilets flush, pencils rolled done the hallway. Knocks on the window. Glimpses out of the corner of the eye kind of stuff. Freaky stuff when you're there alone. But if you just pronounce that you don't have time to visit or you're busy it goes away. I know people who are pretty solid non crazies who say they've seen her. Tricks of the mind?

Also a young guy was killed years ago in a unfortunate hunting accident in one of our fields when I was just a baby. His brother shot him in the head by mistake as they shot gophers. The brother ran to our house for help only my mother was home with me. She left me to sleep and tried to help while they waited for the ambulance. It was to no avail and he passed. Apparently I was asleep when she got back. After moving back here and building my new house me and my wife were separated for a bit and I had lots of extra time, I was out walking the field in the early evening every day, hating life. One day I see this skinny kid out there no reason to be there so I start to giddy up just gonna tear into him. What you doing? Why you here? Who told you it's okay to come in here etc.... I'm trying to catch up at a quick walk and I cant gain on him one bit, and I can eat up the distance on most people. So slow jog, same thing I can't gain on this lanky kid. Over a little rise and I'm thinking I'm finally gaining on him I've got him now and poof nothing .... Gone. I looked in the tall grass. Rise wasn't big enough to sprint to the tree line plus it's 100 m from where I lost him and even usain bolt isn't that fast so wtf.... He's just gone. I sort of push it to the back burner because I have lots on my mind. About a week later I'm at my parents for dinner and they start to talk about the time the kid got shot by his brother while shooting gophers and I ask where it happened. And it turns out it's where I lost the lanky kid walking in the field. So what did bobby look like? Tall fairly skinny wore his hair kinda long.... Just like the kid in the field. Was I temporarily nuts?
Old 02-06-2014, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
That`s why the big strike anywhere wooden matches are called Lucifers.
Hey! Reminds me of a song we used to sing when we were kids.

Last edited by Stinky Buffalo; 02-06-2014 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:11 AM

Years ago, taking a nap on the couch, I could feel this "prescence" hovering over me. Like a whole group of people were standing over me, looking at me, and all of them were speaking, mumbling something, (like being in a crowded room), but I couldn't understand them. They kept closing in, and I was paralized, couldn't move, couldn't scream or make a noise. I kept fighting it in my mind until I broke free, and sat upright, heart pounding, sweating....the most horrible feeling. Don't know what it was, shadow people, sleep paralysis? But I coul feel all of the people closing in, they were dark figures, but all fuzzy or shadowy....
Then, years later I was driving through the mountains and heard a radio program on CBC or something, and they were talking about similar experiences, referring to shadow people...does anyone else have similar experiences?
Old 02-06-2014, 11:43 AM

gotta tell you, I just read this whole thread, and am sitting here in broad daylight just totally creeped out!
Old 02-07-2014, 12:38 AM

Not sure if I posted this one. It's an experience my grandfather had in the mountains near the Alberta/BC border. Happened sometime in the 60's I believe. He was working with a logging crew and slept in his camper. This camper sat on the bed of his pickup, so the window at the kitchen was about eight feet off of the ground.

One night while doing some dishes he suddenly felt like he was being watched. He glanced up to see two large eyes on a flat face looking in at him through the window. They were locked in each others eyesight for a couple seconds, and then the thing just turned around and walked off into the forest.

Although he never told me this story (he passed away when I was five) he did tell his kids and my mom said he was really bothered by the experience. Before it he never had an issue going outside after dark to do chores around the barn and such, but after the encounter he would never set foot outside after dark unless it was for something that could not wait until the following morning.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:32 AM

One year while moose hunting I had a nightmare about crawling under a slash pile to recover a grouse. When I was crawling out my suspenders got caught on something and I was stuck solid. Then a coyote came along and started to bite my calf, over and over, while I continued to struggle. I awoke with a start in the middle of the night and woke up my partner. You could hear the coyotes outside so kind of thought perhaps that is what brought on the nightmare because I never wore suspenders, only person that I knew that wore them was my grandfather and he always had suspenders on. This was one of those really freaky dreams that stick in your memory as being very very real.

When we went back to town the next day I found out that my grandfather had gone hunting alone..and hadn't returned..the same night I had the nightmare. In the end I found out he died of hypothermia and that the coyotes had gotten to him. I cannot help but think there is a connection between my dream and what happened to him.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:40 PM

Just remembered another strange occurance.
The old lady had a dream about a man on a plane with a bomb in his shoe and mentioned it to me in the morning.It just seemed like another typical strange dream we talked about for a bit and then forgot about.
Until we were watching the news the next night that is.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:57 PM

i have dejavu a lot.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:43 PM
Banned

In the late nineties i was one morning checking my pasture bison wire fence lines in mid summer when i came across the lower front leg of a holstein cow laying in undisturbed grass just inside my fence . the leg looked fresh and had an intact hide on it with no bite or chew marks, no blow flies on it either.
The leg was severed a couple inches below the knee trough the hide and bone and exactly on the only spot it could be cut off with just a sharp knife( not to many people know this spot) yet no visible knife marks either.
Upon phoning neighboring cattle owners to ask if they had a holstein cow missing or butchered one the answer was no. Closest neighbor with cows is 2 ml to the west and across a river were i found the leg
The nearest dairy is 15 ml to my south west and 25 or so to the north west.
About a month later my Son while checking fence on horseback found an identical looking front leg but from a red skinned cow, also fresh and severed in the same way and with no bite or knife marks either a mile south of were i found the first one.
Again no one i asked had recently butchered one or was a cow missing.

It baffles me to this day were these 2 fresh legs came from and how they ended up were they did.
I don't think a coyote or wolf would have carried it more than a 100 yards before chewing the day lights out of it let alone carry it for many miles and then drop it. But like i said,..no marks to be found.

A couple years later a neighbor found a dead bull in his field,.pecker , scrotum and anus neatly cut out, no other injuries but not a drop of blood left in the animal.

Strange finds to say the least.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:13 AM

three things happen to me nothing like some of the things described in this thread tho. deja vu ,electrical things don't work well ie. watch won't keep proper time, hard to tune a radio with a dial, even when tuned in it may suddenly go to another station & I dream often of flying ,just starts off running down the street field jumping higher & higher & then not coming back down I've looked down on towns I've lived in streams I fish in even when I was a kid I flew over our farm lots
Do any of you guys that get deja vu or electrical things not working witch for water
Old 02-09-2014, 11:37 AM

the female species of our race
just cant understand them or explain them ,
and haven't met anyone who can
Old 02-09-2014, 06:19 PM

Heck ya... I once woke up to a figure of Gloria Gaynor standing at the edge of my bed!!!

At first I was afraid, then I was petrified!!!!!
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:16 AM
Banned

btt
Old 10-20-2014, 07:40 AM

Talking Just a gummin

It was 7 year's ago i was standing in my old garage looking at the floor having a smoke counting my money which i was going to make a deposit at the bank that coming monday,,and i could not stop looking at the floor in the old garage then suddenly i noticed a picture of God it was like a ruff sketch of God itched right in to the wooden floor of my garage ,so i just forgot all about it ,,,,it was two days later i suffered a massive heart attack and died but was revived and was on life support for four days. One year later after i recovered i removed the old garage and built a new garage ,quit smoking,built a small business ....things are good now
Old 10-20-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANG View Post
Just remembered another strange occurance.

The old lady had a dream about a man on a plane with a bomb in his shoe and mentioned it to me in the morning.It just seemed like another typical strange dream we talked about for a bit and then forgot about.

Until we were watching the news the next night that is.

I had the same thing happen the night John Candy died.

I wonder if some of us somehow are able to momentarily demodulate radio waves. We are inundated with them.

I'm pretty sure that that news would be on the airwaves in an earlier time zone while we are still asleep.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:36 PM

What an awesome thread - Thank you to those who have shared.

My weird experience is that nothing unexplainable has every happened to me.

I'm open to it.... not so painfully "rational" that I only believe that that which is concrete.... but nonetheless have never had any encounter with the paranormal.

A minor disappointment, but given some of the stories here, perhaps for the better.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckincity View Post

Even as a skeptic, I get real irritated at "pathological skeptics" who have "all the answers".
I sure don't, and nobody else does either! Show me one who does, and I'll show you a big fat liar who needs to "feel good" at others' expense.
I feel the same - You've articulated this feeling very well.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:40 PM

I had a re occurring dream in the 1990's. A French Canadian politician kept promising to eliminate the GST. I was yelling as loud as I could, but these cheese faced people in Ontario just were looking on and nodding like lambs to the slaughter, and I yelled.

But no one would ever hear me.

Never trusted a French Canadian politician again. Sure hope I never have to have dreams like this in the future.

Drewski
Old 10-22-2014, 07:07 PM

I was golfing out with friends at Wolf Creek as I was teeing up a ball noticed a cigar shaped tube up in the sky. I was about to say "check that thing out" when I just finished teeing up ball hit and went to look back at what I saw but it was gone.

It was about the size of a jet but was not moving and about the 1/10 the height a jet would fly at. Clear sky but just gone. I watched it for a good 20 secs but should have said something to the gang.

Last edited by Rdamours; 10-22-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:54 PM

You should have been around in the 60's.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:02 PM

So as I sit here reading all of these freaky stories and listening to the news on the tv l notice that the tv is getting quite loud. Next thing I know its cranked all the way up, no one else in the room and remote on the table. Now I don't want to move.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:06 PM

Yah every time I go into Walmart I see something I can't explain....
Old 10-22-2014, 10:13 PM

Every night when I go to bed I wake up with these horrible pains in my chest muscles, no doctor can explain why I get them. Had every test and scan possible, doc says there's nothing wring with me
Old 10-22-2014, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaspell View Post
Every night when I go to bed I wake up with these horrible pains in my chest muscles, no doctor can explain why I get them. Had every test and scan possible, doc says there's nothing wring with me
Blocked arties most likely,,,a dye test is needed .