Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-07-2013, 08:10 PM

I just finished reading all these stories and enjoyed them immensely.

I then came down stairs walked around the corner and my wife is stretched out on the couch, with a white mud mask on, staring at me.

Made me jump back and laugh
Old 04-07-2013, 08:39 PM

When I was a young man, myself and two good friends tried to go a round with some sort of "entity" at a new year’s party. Too long of a story and most of you wouldn’t believe me anyway.

Not as amusing as it sounds - and we were not intoxicated. Scares the krap out of me many years later.

The house where it happened still stands today. From my understanding much death has happened there. Many on AO would be familiar with it. Heading west on the #3 just before the tunnel - past Fernie - before Elko. Look left. There used to be an mobile home there that burned down. The homestead behind the charred trailer remains; is a place I will never go again.

That night changed my perspective on a great deal of things.

Any of the rugged individuals here feel like testing their metal... check it out (with permission from the owners) at night.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeze View Post
When I was a young man, myself and two good friends tried to go a round with some sort of "entity" at a new year’s party. Too long of a story and most of you wouldn’t believe me anyway.

Not as amusing as it sounds - and we were not intoxicated. Scares the krap out of me many years later.

The house where it happened still stands today. From my understanding much death has happened there. Many on AO would be familiar with it. Heading west on the #3 just before the tunnel - past Fernie - before Elko. Look left. There used to be an mobile home there that burned down. The homestead behind the charred trailer remains; is a place I will never go again.

Any of the rugged individuals here feel like testing their metal... check it out (with permission from the owners) at night.

Craaaazeeee
I wonder if anyone will take your dare?
I'm out
Old 04-07-2013, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngiant View Post
YUP

When I was about 8yrs old and asleep in my room downstairs I woke up w/ an eery feeling.
I looked towards my open bedroom door and saw a shadowy figure in a cowboy hat.
He kinda looked like a silouette of the wrestler "undertaker" now that I think about it.
Never happened again
It's a joke, lighten up....here if this makes you feel better Undertaker
Attached Images
File Type: jpg undertaker-profile.jpg (48.8 KB, 139 views)

Last edited by 30Cal; 04-07-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:18 PM

Default Weird, or what??

We were up on the Haines road summit about 1987, camping and snowmobiling on Easter weekend. We were all around the fire when one girl said " Hey! look at that!!" (more like holy **** look at that!!). It looked like the northern lights, that kind of green, misty stuff. Except it was moving in several ring like circular patterns, from a center point, like waves from a stone thrown into a pond. Definitely not normal northern lights, way too perfect and exact, but it was definitely the same color/material/look. One fellow with us was a radio station employee and he looked into it later that week, said it was apparently was some sort of NASA experiment??? Weird, or what??

Slept like crap that night, and still think of it today.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale7637 View Post
I woke up one night from a dead sleep with the feeling that something was wrong, but I didn't know what. I paced around the house for a while trying to put my finger on what was wrong. It was an early spring night, the pastires were soaked with run off and what was left of the snow. The moon was full, and I could clearly see the whole pasture.

When I looked to the east end of the pasture I clearly saw two adult males walking across the pasture. Big guys, walking at a somewhat slow pace. I stood there staring for a minute or two, and right in front of my eyes they disappeared. Poof... Gone. I went out and walked around and could find no sign of them ever veing there. No tracks in the mud, no tracks in the slush, nothing.
They were in the middle of a 40 acre pasture and somehow disappeared.

It was some kind of strange... I still haven't figured it out. And I wasn't seeing things
Scary stuff, makes you wonder.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:23 PM

The 60,s had lots of strange sightings.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeze View Post

Is that by the Morrisey crossing?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 04-07-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Is that by the Morrisey crossing?
Would be pretty close. The best way to describe it is about a 2 minute drive east from the tunnel.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:52 PM

I'm both glad and disappointed that I haven't experienced much in the way of unexplainable/paranormal happenings. All of my puzzling experiences have been the result of recurring dreams or nightmares, save for one memory as a small boy: I remember sitting in the front seat of our car, out doing errands or something. We pull up to a red light, and I'm watching the cars go by. A bus drives past us, and I'm watching the passengers' faces as they go. One caught my eye. I cannot say what it was -- a face, but contorted. Not of human kind. It was gaping and twisted, something straight out of a horror movie, complete with an impossibly twisted neck, and no recognizable features. Time kind of froze for me, and the image stuck with me. ~13 years later, I think about it all the time. Gives me the heebie-jeebies. If I was a better artist, I'd draw it out. It's not much, but it's haunted me since childhood.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:52 PM

I went to the Burger Inn (best burger on the planet) on fourth street in Calgary circa 1990 to get some supper. Usually the place was empty but for those standing in line for take out, but on this occasion there were a bunch of kids (7 or so 14 year olds). I stood in line minding my own business but out of the corner of my eye I could see the kids whispering to each other and looking at me.

Finally one of the bolder young men says " hey mister Laaaaaaaaaang" In a real drawn out manner. Lang is my last name. I turn and said "May I help you?"

He turns to his friends and says "I guess it is him." And they all have a good laugh without saying anything more to me. I was like what he what was that.
One thing of note is that I have a photographic memory, especially for people, and I didn't know even one of those kids. I'd never seen any of them before.

I had only just moved to that area of the city so it wasn't like it was even the neighbour kids.
It was just the weirdest thing. It didn't creep me out or anything, but man that was just weird.

On a side note if you want to read a whole wack of crazy stories like these, read this thread: http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?t=148441

In my opinion it's the best thread in the history of the internet, but it'll take you a few days.

cheers
Old 04-07-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Earthquake?
Doubtful as the ground was still. Plus earthquakes are not normal for North Eastern Alberta. If it had been everyone and their dog would have known about it.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:20 PM

Yeah some great stories here. Especially the connections to loved ones.

Can't say I have ever had anything too weird except the odd time when I have felt like I am having de ja vu. I have either previously dreamt it or lived it, it seems. but I'm never sure. Everything just seems very familiar & not surprising.

Thanks everyone for sharing.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:20 PM

Most of my weirder moments are courtesy of TCBOBM... I'm a firm believer in never touching that book again.

Working way out in the stix as a kid in BC I have seen plenty of UFO'ish objects but untill I can lay hands on a real one I am not gunna use the term Alien.

Currently I'm a heavy equipment tek for a company that employs contract drivers hauling crude oil, they are paid 23-25% of ticket value... I see things daily that defy logic reason and science...
Old 04-07-2013, 10:25 PM

Keep the stories coming guys. Lots of interesting stuff in this thread, and nothing beats hearing about a personal experience. I would share my story about my two nights at the Brazeau Collieries but prefer not to at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale7637 View Post
I woke up one night from a dead sleep with the feeling that something was wrong, but I didn't know what. I paced around the house for a while trying to put my finger on what was wrong. It was an early spring night, the pastires were soaked with run off and what was left of the snow. The moon was full, and I could clearly see the whole pasture.

When I looked to the east end of the pasture I clearly saw two adult males walking across the pasture. Big guys, walking at a somewhat slow pace. I stood there staring for a minute or two, and right in front of my eyes they disappeared. Poof... Gone. I went out and walked around and could find no sign of them ever veing there. No tracks in the mud, no tracks in the slush, nothing.
They were in the middle of a 40 acre pasture and somehow disappeared.

It was some kind of strange... I still haven't figured it out. And I wasn't seeing things
This story really creeps me out. Stuff like this just makes you wonder what else is out there.............
Old 04-07-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
Doubtful as the ground was still. Plus earthquakes are not normal for North Eastern Alberta. If it had been everyone and their dog would have known about it.
the reason I was asking, was a long time ago I was sitting in my living room, heard and felt a semi go by on the road out front. Windows were shaking, cups rattling, only happened when a fully loaded semi rolled past. Trouble was the window was open, I was looking right on the street and there was no traffic, turned out it was an earthquake. I had never heard of one here either but it made the news.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-07-2013, 10:30 PM

One spring morning, when I was about eight years old, I was leaving the house to catch the bus.

As I was walking on the cement path beside my house, a black thing the size of a medium size dinner plate caught my attention.

I got closer and noticed it was a huge black spider, the biggest one I have ever seen with huge skinny, bristly legs and a wide, fairly thin hairy body.

It was creepy for me because I remember it just sitting there on the pavement and strangely pulsating or something, as if it could move really fast.

Being deathly afraid of spiders at the time, I stayed well away from it and watched for a minute or so until my bus came, then I detoured around it and left.

I remember I went to check it out again after school, but it was gone, and I was worried for a week that it might get inside the house. haha

Took me over ten years to convince myself that it had not really happened, and that I must have dreamed it the night before, but even today I still seem unable to completely dismiss it.

Too bad my generation didn't have I-phones, I probably would have recorded it if it had actually happened
Old 04-07-2013, 11:06 PM

I have another one to add... this one time I could have sworn I saw my stats lab final exam posted on the calendar for tomorrow morning at 9:00 am. Silly me, it's not til next wee--- oops. Tomorrow is next week. I better start studying.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:28 PM

This is going to be a great thread. Couple stories about the same man, my father in law. He was sick with cancer so my wife and i moved up our wedding so he could be a part of it. We were married in June, he died on the 24th of dec. Never got to see his grand kids as they were 3 yrs away. Maybe one month after his death, things started happening at my mother in laws house. When she would be at her make up desk, just sitting there feeling sad. Something would fall down from a higher shelf into her lap. It was always something he gave her. One time she was sitting at the kitchen table with friends, their house has a porch, then the main door. Both doors were always locked. They are sitting there when they hear keys jingling at the second door. Just like the sound when dad used to come home. She opens the door, no one there and the outside door is still locked. Each time she just said hello daddy, thanks for coming. Now this one happened to me, at my house. Flash forward 4 yrs, my son is 2, my daughter a baby, maybe 6 months old. She is fussing in her crib and won't settle down and its 3 am ish. I get up and slowly walk to her door and peek in. What do i see, a figure in the rocking chair and a dog laying beside it. Hmm, my two short hairs sleep in the garage but I imediatly recognize both. The figure is my father in law and the dog is my short hair that died on my daughters due date of a heart murmur. My father in law loved that dog when he was alive yet he wasn't a dog person. I knew it was him as i spent enough time with him at his house and he always sat in his chair tapping his fingers, this figure i seen was tapping his fingers and the dog was laying at his side just like my short hair did at his house. She always sat beside him and she always put her head on my wife's tummy when she was prego with my daughter. Our gaze met and i turned away for a second, looked back and they were gone, and my daughter was back to sleep and not fussing. Looks like grandpa came to check on his fussing grand kid. I was also still pretty bummed about my short hair so its was nice to see her with him. By chance we found another short hair a month after the other one died(weren't planning on another so quick) but when we went to look at the litter, it was yup, we will take him. I know what i seen, even woke up my wife and said remember what time i woke you. She was ****ed but it was my way of seeing if it was a dream or not. She reminded me that i woke her from a good sleep the next morning and i proceeded to tell her what i saw. We still talk about the daddy visits to this day some 18 yrs later when we visit my mom in law. On a side note, his son is 48 but mentally handicapped, it broke his heart when his dad died, to this day he regularly tells me daddy came to him in a dream. It makes us all happy to know he was and still is checking in on us. I'm a believer.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:40 PM
Gone Hunting

I just remembered another one.

It was late summer, 1973. I had been married only a few months.
Time to meet some of my wife's relatives.

I had a 1966 Ford Galaxy 500 I had just bought so we loaded up and drove to Saint Paul to visit her sister and her nieces and nephews. The nieces and nephews were close to our age.

After a week of visiting we plan to head home the next day so a party is planned and all us young folks gather at a local party spot to drink and have a good time. Eventually we wind up driving back roads in a nephews car with him at the wheal. I was too far gone. Two beers.

We were all over the road and nearly hit the ditch numerous times so after a bit I decide it's time to call it a night before someone gets killed.
We return to our party spot and each goes to their own vehicle and head for home. For us that meant back to the sisters. But our nephew was staying with a friend.

We bid him good night but not before making him promise that he would drive straight to the friends place and not drive again that night. He promised so we each went our own way.

7:00 am the wife wakes me up. You have to go check on Robbie she says.
Why? I ask. "I don't know she says, I just know something is wrong."

It took me nearly an hour to convince her that she was being paranoid.
This was Sunday morning. The family is Catholic. 10:00am a Priest calls and wants to talk to the parents. My wife goes nuts insisting there is something wrong with her nephew Robbie. I get her to calm dawn but just calm down, she won't let it go.

12:00 the parents, her sister and brother in law return home. 1:00pm the Priest comes to the door and talks to the parents.
They talk outside.

Then the parents come inside looking very grim. For several minutes they just stand there. Then they tell us that at 5:30 that morning Robbie and his friend headed into town for more booze. Half way there they hit a bridge abutment doing 90 miles per hour. They both died on impact.

I don't know how my wife knew, but she knew.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 04-08-2013, 12:02 AM

I experience deja vu every week and I don't know why. It's creepy to live something that you dreamed. Mostly just new places I go to, or conversations with people, word for word. Really creepy.

When my grandpa passed, I had an uneasy feeling about 7pm that night, phone rang at 1030 and my gut sank, no one ever calls past 8. It was my uncle and he sounded quiet. I knew right away what happened. He asked if my mom was up. Grandpa went to bed at 6, 645 the nurses checked on him and at 730 they checked again and he was gone.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:06 AM

As posted on another thread. Awaiting a reply.

Quote:

About ten years ago I was doing a solo high country mulie hunt. Mid afternoon I crossed a cutline while enroute to the basin I had planned on working that evening. What I saw changed the way I look at wild places.

A bit of background first for those not in the know. I'm a 40 year old family man with a nice home and great job. Been playing in the woods since I could, "keep up!". Run a trapline for 7 years, first fish on the fly was a 12# Atlantic Salmon from the stream behind my house, killed more deer than appendages I have available to count on, best single season fishing log saw 238 entries, best single season of hunting had over 70 days and there's more than 30 Rocky Mountain summits under these hikers. And on and on. I'm not some kid posting from his Mom's basement......

The set of 2-3 day old grizz tracks in the snow that crossed the line on my way barely slowed me down as seeing them in the area was hardly an uncommon occurrence. Obviously, my 'awareness' increased, but something about them bothered me. 100 yards uphill I even considered going back for a second look. However, daylight was dwindling and I was on a mission.

The tracks then crossed the line again. And everything changed.

They were identical to the rear prints of a bear. Plain as day. However, my size 10's were just a bit longer heel to toe in each track. Strides occured for every two of mine. Five distinct toes. No evidence of claws and the inner curvature of each was in a left/right pattern.

Against my better judgement, the mulies would have to wait and I took up the trail more out of suspended belief/curiosity than anything.

I spent an hour on that track. Off trail and beyond the treeline up on to the scree where the sun had eventually erased the snow.

It was at that point in the slowly fading light that I had to sit for a moment and try to comprehend what had just happened. While logic told me that the age of the track suggested that whatever had made it was long, long gone, I still started to shake. That rifle had never been and never will be 'double checked' so often again, and my eventual return to the truck was never so much of a relief.

I'm not going to say these were 'bigfoot' tracks because I cannot. What I CAN do is provide an accurate description of them from the POV of an experienced eye. Anyone who has ever bushwacked a fair distance after an animal heading up the side of a mountain in the snow eventually breaking out of the trees can tell you about the diversity/difficulty of the terrain. The tracks broke through with consistency and easy. Slipping in places, hopping logs, skidding on deadfalls and conforming to rocks, logs and moss. Just like a human would except bigger.

So that's my story, and that's why I take some of the dismissive shots a bit personally. Especially after doing a bit of research into the subject. It's a big world out there folks, with forests that eat aircraft annually to this day. Dismissing the existence of something that has been documented in cultures across the planet for thousands of years is unfair in the very least.

Thanks for reading.

Tree

Old 04-08-2013, 12:21 AM

Not mine, but my mom's. One morning in 1986, she got up and woke up my dad, apparently woken up by a 'bright flash'. Eventually things were settled down and dismissed between them, but later that day they learned what the event may have been foreshadowing: The accident at Chernobyl.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:57 AM

Okay here goes. In September 2010 I attended a psychics house in downtown Calgary with a lady who was trying to find her missing parents. This psychic knew my first name only and I had never talked to her or met her before this fateful Friday afternoon. We are in her house and she is doing her thing for about 5 minutes when she says to me that my dad is proud of me for helping this family. She says he is in the room with us. She mentions other things over the next few minutes like my dad was a big man like me etc. I wrote this all off in my mind while there as lucky guesses on her part on my dad being dead etc. Well about ten minutes later she asks, does the name Charlie mean anything to me or the family member I am there with. Neither of us say anything. 5 minutes later psychic says I keep hearing the name Charlie does it mean anything to either of you two. I finally answered yes saying my Uncle Charlie passed away 2 years before my dad in 2005. She responds I thought so cause he is standing there with your dad. This blew me away, my mom had 12 siblings of which Uncle Charlie was the middle one and only one who was deceased other than my mom who had passed away in May of 2010. I never mentioned any of this to the psychic. We continue on with the other stuff for about 15 minutes when the psychic looks at me and says your dad has connected with your mom, a short grey haired lady and she has now joined my dad in the room with us. Now I am shaking. How did this lady (psychic) know my mom and dad were passed away and how did she know Uncle Charlie as well? We left after 70 minutes or so. My truck at the time was a standard and I was shaking so bad I could barely push the clutch in.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
I experience deja vu every week and I don't know why. It's creepy to live something that you dreamed. Mostly just new places I go to, or conversations with people, word for word. Really creepy.
That happens to me too. Not weekly, but probably 2-3 times a year. I'll be in the middle of a conversation with someone, usually someone I've just met, and suddenly get this eerie feeling go through me that I've been in this exact "place" before. I sometimes think I've dreamt being "there" previously, but I'm not really sure. I don't know if that makes sense, but it's as close as I can come to expalining it. Very disturbing and unsettling.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:22 AM

John. I've never told this one before, but what the heck.

Used to have a friend who claimed to be a psychic. Eventually she convinced me to have a 'sit down' with her.

I had just recently moved to Calgary. Promised to be home for Christmas which coincided with my best friend's since diapers birthday that we always celebrated.

Long story short, it was a rough year for this green kid and I couldn't gather enough cash to get home.

I called Peter on the night of his December 17 birthday. He was drunk and angry at me for not keeping my promise. We fought.

Shortly after our conversation he jumped into his car and wrapped it around a pole at 100mph. Miserable bastard survived 6 hours in that ditch in sub zero temps before being found. Despite all attempts, my best friend passed away later that day.

The guilt and anger is beyond any words I can ever put forth.

My friend the so called psychic, recounted to me nearly word for word the final conversation I had with Peter. Until now only 4 people in the world knew this story.

She told me he was sorry and it wasn't my fault.....

18 years later and it's still tough to think about.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
Keep the stories coming guys. Lots of interesting stuff in this thread, and nothing beats hearing about a personal experience. I would share my story about my two nights at the Brazeau Collieries but prefer not to at this time.

This story really creeps me out. Stuff like this just makes you wonder what else is out there.............

It really gives me the heebie jeebies as well. I woll never forget it, even though I would like to.
This is the first time I have told anyone about... I figured people would think I was nuts.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:30 AM

Default Gypsy fortune tellers

This happen back in the old country, 12th grade. My mom was obsessed of gypsy fortune tellers so she planned for me to see one gypsy woman for the upcoming final exams grades, much need to go forward with university. Short story long I did not agree with it but to please my mom I greed to fortune my near future. Among other things that may or may not happen (can't remember) gypsy woman told me that I will go to a small gathering with my friends and on the way there I will have a small accident.
Days later I had planned to watch a soccer game with some friends, as we where doing it for years and on my way there ridding a bike I tryied to pass a parked truck on a narrow street. A car showed up out of nowhere and I found myself flying over it. Nothing broken, just some bruises.
To this day I have no explanation but I still don't believe in fortune tellers.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertadave View Post
That happens to me too. Not weekly, but probably 2-3 times a year. I'll be in the middle of a conversation with someone, usually someone I've just met, and suddenly get this eerie feeling go through me that I've been in this exact "place" before. I sometimes think I've dreamt being "there" previously, but I'm not really sure. I don't know if that makes sense, but it's as close as I can come to expalining it. Very disturbing and unsettling.
Happens to me too, not as often as you but it does. Funny thing is that I don't realize it until the moment passes .... Hey! I lived this before!

Wouldn't be great to déjà vu those 6 lucky numbers ????
Old 04-08-2013, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertadave View Post

I've never had anything like the stories on here happen to me as of yet anyways. I do get de ja vu a fair bit though, my grandma used to say that dejavu meant you were on the right path and that's where you are supposed to be in your life. I dunno. Good thread Ken.