Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-09-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhu22 View Post
Maybe a farmcat playing with something?
There was not a single sign of life anywhere, this place looked abandoned for decades, like I said I was puzzled of why I didn't even hear a chickadee, squirrel, nothing, was so dead calm and lifeless and the sound was unmistakably wind chimes, hence why I despise them to this day, I hear that sound and it makes the hair stand on the back of my neck. I am a firm believer in facts but something was definitely not right with that place. I had completely went thru all the buildings just to see what they looked like on the inside prior to the grouse hunt and didn't even see a pigeon, cat or nothing, was weird.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
can we hear some of those storys?.......pleeaaase
x2 !!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:17 AM

I personally have had two, experiences, Both of the same nature. About nine years ago, I had a dream of being with my grandmother as a child, walking to the ponds outside of town to catch frogs and tadpoles, then having a picnic. The next day I receive a phone call from my father, saying my grandmother passed that morning. Then seven years ago, I had a dream of being out fishing with my cousin at a creek off Candle lake Sk, where we always went fishing as a kid, then the next day I receive a call from my brother telling me he passed that evening.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger View Post
I have had about a dozen times when heading down the highway at 4 a.m. heading out fishing when the cab of the truck fills up with cigarette smoke. I end up getting a feeling of being at peace.

Also lived in a house full of spirits all were good except one. A very "dark" spirit. Lot's of stories just from that house.

Dodger.
Thats so cool about your parents and the smoke. My mother in law brought her mom all the way back to Poland to be buried in a cemetary that most of her family is in. One month after she returns to canada and she is sleeping on the couch in the afternoon, her mom comes to her, squeezes her hand and says thank you. My grandmother says her husband came to her in a dream a year after he died. Told her she should stop worring about him, he is in a good place. He tells her all will be good with her and to have a good life. She was almost 50 then, she is 98 in 3 weeks. Both my sister and I have had visits from loved ones who passed. As for the house of spirits, I think I live in one as well. If i go to bed with the bathroom door open in the hallway, the dim light from outside lets me see shadows moving from time to time. Nothing scary, never feel threatened, If i close the door, nothing is ever seen. Its not tree branches blowing outside either. Neither my wife or the kids mention seeing anything, just me. Maybe the house is on a portal or something. I should get some of the cameras the ghost hunters use lol.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:55 AM

I am enjoying this thread so much that i was wondering if anyone knows of any other forums devoted specifically for ghost/supernatural? Love reading peoples accounts with this type of thing.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
I am enjoying this thread so much that i was wondering if anyone knows of any other forums devoted specifically for ghost/supernatural? Love reading peoples accounts with this type of thing.
http://www.talkparanormal.com/
Old 04-09-2013, 12:58 PM

When I was a kid in elementary school, late '80's the high school basketball team played an exhibition game against a wheel chair basketball team. To this day I sear I saw one of the paralyzed players walk out of the gym after the game.

Don't argue with a fool, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Life Member of:
Wild Sheep Foundation Alberta
Wild Sheep Foundation
NRA

Old 04-09-2013, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep6matt View Post
Ty matts jail bro.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:16 PM

Here's one more. This happened in our previous house, a small, tidy bungalow in semi-rural NS which was built in the early 1970's. The place had a finished basement with the exception of a workshop and utility room, which is where we kept our chest style deep freezer.

Anyways, everything was fine until one week when we would occasionally smell cigarette smoke in the basement. This was slightly unusual since no one in the house smoked and the neighboring houses were not that close, and we wouldn't smell it upstairs. One day that week we sent one of the kids to the basement to get something out of the freezer. The kid came back empty handed saying he couldn't get the door open. My wife went down and came back saying the same thing. I went down and sure enough something was blocking the door to the utility room from inside the room (the door opened toward the inside of the room). I put my shoulder into it and forced the door open. The heavy deep freeze had been slid across the floor about a foot and a half, enough to block the door. There was no way in or out of that room except that door which was blocked. The whole family was there and we were just looking at each other with a 'WTF' look.

We shrugged it off as one of those unexplainable things that occasionally happen. We later found out that our next door neighbor, who was a smoker, had passed away in the hospital at around the same time. So who knows? Maybe he was pulling a prank. LOL.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
http://paranormal.about.com/?terms=%...phenomena%2522

Some of its kinda silly, and the links don't always work, but you might find interesting reading.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:28 PM

Thx stuck
Old 04-09-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderheart View Post
sorry .. TCBOBM?
Hey Hotwheels81, you never did tell us what TCBOBM means.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckincity View Post
The Coveted Book Of Black Magic?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 04-09-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
The Coveted Book Of Black Magic?
I sure hope it ain't like The Necronomicon!

Old 04-09-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Sounds to me like you disturbed an improvised gravesite where the box was probably the cremated remains of somebody and you took the cross; not a particularly bright thing to do.... Frankly I don't know if you're pulling our leg on this one or didn't do the math on what such a box would be. Also, how do you identify ashes that have been in the water; they'd look like mud, no? Something seems off with this.....
the box was under the bridge not in the water and the ashes werent enough to be a person and looked like paper its true why would i lie lol
Old 04-09-2013, 04:12 PM

Ok I will tell my story...But 1st I am pretty straight forward and don't believe in a bunch psycho mumble jumble..but sometime ya have to wonder who is looking out for you.
I had shot a nice bull elk on the edge of a small logged clearing in zone 402 back in the early 80ies. I had a black bear tag so the next afternoon around 3:00 pm I thought I would go watch the gut pile and see if I could find one. I was sitting in the same log jam, which was about 70 yards from where I had shot the bull from, but after about an hour and a half was getting bored and thought I should maybe walk over to the guts and see if anything had been on them.
I had only taken 3 steps when a loud voice from behind me ...clear as day said "Jim don't go over there!!". It startled me so much I jumped and spun around to see who said it. You know it...there was no one there...I was all alone. I sat back down on the log pile and shakily lit a smoke. About 4 drags later I was surprised to see a very large jet black Grizzly get up from sleeping, behind a large log about 10 yards off the gut pile and walk over and proceed to un-bury what was left of it. I had no clue he had been there and would have gotten stomped and mauled like white on rice if it was not for the VOICE.
Was it real...yes...was it in my head or outside of it is what I still question to this day...Maybe in hindsight it was the lack of birds on the guts that tripped my own senses. All I know is it was very real and to this day I can't tell you what it was. Nothing like this has ever happened before or since to me.
PS...I spent the rest of the evening just watching that great bear go about his business and cherish that encounter still.

Jim
Old 04-09-2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
The 1970's

Mitsy Dupree blowing smoke rings.
Flashbacks to your Tijuana ****** show days Grey????
Old 04-09-2013, 04:16 PM

Halfton, that was a good story!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Can we hear some of those storys?.......pleeaaase
There was the usual things being moved around the house and even my roomate agreed it was strange. I lived in the basement and instead of sleeping in the bedroom I slept in a storage room with no windows. I loved that room at night because it was black on black dark.

Top three occurrences were -

1. Middle of the night I wake up and beside my bed are 4 spirits. All were floating there and you could see them from the mid chest and up. There was an elderly women and man, and there was a young women holding a baby wrapped in a blanket. I looked at them and sat up as they drifted to the end of the bed and then they just smiled and slowly faded away. No dreaming involved here as I was wide awake sitting there looking at them. Also absolutly no fear of them. Just peace and quite.

2. Roomate is out of town for the weekend. I hit the sack early and in the middle of the night I hear someone walking around upstairs. The floor joists are creaking and the footsteps are thump, thump, thump. I grab my trusty over/under from beside my bed and throw 2 shells in ( I left it in the open position ). As I am heading upstairs I am turning on lights and yelling someone is going to have a hole in there gut unless they yell back or get out. I hear the footsteps running away as I get to the main floor. Then I hear them upstairs. Same procedure of turning on the lights and yelling a warning. I grabbed the phone dialed 911 and said send the police there is someone in the house. I leave the phone and head upstairs again I here the thumping of feet running to the far end of the house. As I get upstairs and all lights are on I here the feet running across the roof. THAT scared me and also I knew to get my gun back to the basement before the police arrived. I stood out on the street until they came. I knew there was no one in the house but I let them check because I called them. My excuse was a timid " I heard something " and left it at that.

3, The one that made me move out! Again I get woken up by something but my skin is crawling and I feel scared. I look at the foot of the bed and there is a figure standing there darker than the darkness of my room. I can actually see it leaning toward me and its face is all bumpy. It grabs my leg and I feel it but there is no substance to the grip. The area where his hands grab me my leg gets wet and cold. LIGHTS ON, I am shaking scared. Moved out the next day. That night I just grabbed my work clothes and went to work a 1 a.m. to do paperwork.

Dodger.
P.S. - One alien encounter at McGregor Lake. I will post later.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckincity View Post
I really want to know what book this is so I can go get it!!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:47 PM

My mother comes from a very religious catholic family so when she swears on the bible I have no doubt in my mind it is fact.
When her and her sister were young (early teens) they had a step brother they all had nick named "Honey", he had enlisted and was a paratrooper in the war. While Honey was overseas my mom and aunt were sitting in the front room late one night when the front door opened, they both looked and saw Honey walk down the hallway, they both called out to him and jumped up to see him, he just continued walking. They looked down the hall to see him walk into his room and close the door.
Being so close they knew something was wrong as he would never ignore them like that, when they looked in the room it was empty.
It was a few days or maybe a week later someone showed up with word Honey had been impalled by a tree while jumping on a mission. The time of death was the same as the encounter with my mom and aunt.
I have heard this story more than once over the years from both sisters.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:01 PM

Whoa!!!!! I got goosebumps reading that one
Old 04-09-2013, 07:03 PM

My Grandmother and her sister were driving from Revelstoke to Nelson and they kept hearing a rattling and banging noise from the back of the car. Her sister pulled over so my Grandmother could take a look to see if she could find the source of the noise. She looked under the car and in the trunk but saw nothing unusual. She got back in the car to discover her sister had died of a massive heart attack. My uncles ( mechanics) checked the car from top to bottom and never found a source for the devine intervention that saved my Grandmother from what could have been a much worse accident.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:31 PM

Great stories, I am a little reluctant to tell this but here goes. When I was growing up I was attached to my grandfather at the hip. Everyday after school he would pick me up and I would go to the farm with him. I learned a lot from him about life, the outdoors, vehicles etc. My parents divorced when i was 16 and a year later my grandparents and my father moved to BC. I went every summer to visit them. My grandfather passed away when I was in my mid twenties, the 3 of us use to hunt out of the same area a lot. One year I had bought a old tent trailer and I headed out west to set up for a few days of hunting. I parked in the exact spot that my Grandfather, Father and I parked for years. When I first arrived things felt different but I just figured it was some emotions and memories. I grabbed the first box from the trailer and when I turned around i saw my grandfather sitting in a chair around the fire pit. I was more than shocked. I just froze, he stood up and told me it was ok, grab a chair and sit down. I did and sat next to him. by now I was a mess crying still not sure what was happening. I told him that I missed him,, he said to me,,, go forward with your life. Don't forget were you come from and do your best. He then said I have to go before I get wet. At that moment it started to rain and he was gone.. at first i thought I had imagined the whole thing because of were I parked. The thing I couldn't explain was the 2nd chair and the empty coffee cup that I never took out of the trailer. I still feel his presence every now and then while I hunt
Old 04-09-2013, 10:42 PM

Three days before my dad passed, us kids showed up at ma's house. We all got there about the same time. We were having dinner that night and started to enquire about who called who to come home. Nobody called anybody. Was kinda weird. I guess it was dad's way of telling us to come see him one more time. He was very sick at the time with a body full of cancer, confined to his hospital bed with no way to contact anyone. Nobody phoned me to come home or anyone of us for that matter. The family was together for one last time before he left us.

After dad passed, my brothers quit hunting and persued other interests. I convinced my younger brother to come beaver hunting with me one spring as we used to when dad was around. I can remember that evening like it just happened today. I was sitting over a small dam and I could see a person walking along the creek and sitting there for a few minutes. Then he got up and vanished. My brother seen the same person. We were about 2 miles from each other. I swear it was my dad, just the way he walked and the red coveralls he'd always wear when he hunted. My brother described the exact same thing. Kinda cool. I think he was happy to see us carry on the things he taught us.
I phone my brother monthly and we frequently discuss that moment.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Banned

"Goin' home, late last night
Suddenly I got a fright
Yeah I looked through a window and surprised what I saw
A fairy with boots and dancin' with a dwarf,"

Sorry.... I couldn't help myself....
Old 04-09-2013, 11:01 PM

Default explain?

Every married man should have a couple of threads to add to this post. FS
Old 04-09-2013, 11:08 PM

When we were kids we decided to have a seance in my buddies attic just because it was a big three story spookey looking house overlooking the ocean. Us guys just liked the fact we would get to hold hands with the girls and if they got really scared we may even get a big bear hug. Well after a few building? creaks and moans we heard a childs voice in the back of the room, needless to say it was time to go, we were tripping over each other, guys pushing girls out of the way etc.
We reorganized in the kitchen, in the bright of day things were OK at the kitchen table. After talking of our experience for a few minutes there was a bang from upstairs that made the house shake. We all left in a hurry.
No way we were going to check that out, long story short when my buddy's dad came home he went to the attic and found a pool table that was leaning against the wall had defied gravity and flipped over and fallen on the floor.
That was my last seance.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemad View Post
When we were kids we decided to have a seance in my buddies attic just because it was a big three story spookey looking house overlooking the ocean. Us guys just liked the fact we would get to hold hands with the girls and if they got really scared we may even get a big bear hug. Well after a few building? creaks and moans we heard a childs voice in the back of the room, needless to say it was time to go, we were tripping over each other, guys pushing girls out of the way etc.
We reorganized in the kitchen, in the bright of day things were OK at the kitchen table. After talking of our experience for a few minutes there was a bang from upstairs that made the house shake. We all left in a hurry.
No way we were going to check that out, long story short when my buddy's dad came home he went to the attic and found a pool table that was leaning against the wall had defied gravity and flipped over and fallen on the floor.
That was my last seance.
Reminds me of some stories about Oujji boards.

Tried that... once years and years ago.
Never again.
You go looking for old Jack... you will find him.

Last edited by Big Daddy Badger; 04-10-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:50 PM

Default Well here goes

I'm 43 years old and my wife is the only person I have ever told this too. At age 14 my parents bought me my Yamaha it 175 dirt bike. Well in my first month of owning it I went to a buddies place in the country to ride. He lived near a lake with a manmade dam running along the south edge of the lake to hold the water. He was busy doing chores so I went for a rip along the dam, apparently I was not paying attention to where I was riding and when I looked up I was at a sharp curve in the dam and was about to go off the edge opposite the water side and it was a long drop to the prairie below. Here's where it gets wierd, my front tire was already off the dam and headed out into thin air but everything stopped and went silent my bike turned approx45 degrees to the left and lined back up with the dam and then everything went back to normal with sound and movement comensing. I was preparing myself for the drop and impact and getting ready to try and ride it out but it never happened. I will never be able to explain it and this happened before I ever started experimenting in any kind of drugs or booze. It was unreal. I'm sweating as I type it. WOW