Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-24-2011, 08:26 AM

Default New Vehicle Employee Pricing

Does anyone here have experience with how much a guy can successfully negotiate off of the Employee Pricing deal that the dealers have going on right now on their new vehicles? I'm looking for a new pickup.
They seem to be pretty stubborn with that price. Just looking for the best deal and every bit of info helps. Thanks.
kidd
Old 08-24-2011, 08:47 AM

Employee pricing is a ploy of sorts. Yes it is cheaper but it is simply a small percentage off of the profit margin

You can definitely get the vehicle cheaper when you dicker. Just depends on how good you are at dickering

Dont ever believe they cant sell the vehicle for less

If you are prepared to sign papers immediately, your chances of a better price are increased dramatically. If you kick tires, you will be ignored. They are there to sell vehicles. Period
Old 08-24-2011, 09:02 AM

Yes they certainly will come down from the so called "employee pricing". When I bought my new F-150 a couple years ago I went to one dealer who told me that was rock bottom price, no room to move. Went to the other dealer ( with some out of town adds in hand), told him I had no trade, I needed a vehicle now and I would like to buy local BUT ---. They came down about 8 or 9% off the price . Check the printed version of the offer BEFORE you sign it. There are costs on there that probably were not mentioned. Some such as eco fees and recycling fees for tires and battery that you must pay and can't get out of paying but then there are the ones like 'dealer prep' charges which I would not pay and they took them off.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:12 AM

Default This will work

The dealers will hate me for this, but here goes, pick the price you are willing to pay, (don't finance through the dealer go to the bank) then walk in pick the vehicle you want, make sure you know what options/trim package you would like, and then ask to talk to the general manager or the new car sales manager, say "I am an educated buyer, this is exactly what I want with this trim package, and this is what I am willing to pay". Do this in the last three days of any given month.(very important) When they try and negotiate, say thanks for your time maybe the next dealer down the road will want this deal and be fully prepared to walk out the door and never look back!!!! It also helps that when you talk to them take out an envelope full of cash, and let them know you have a 3-5 thousand dollar cash down payment in your hand.

Good luck and have fun, and expect to get some abuse from the dealers you talk too as they hate it when you know how to play the game..........

And you didn't hear this from me!!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:16 AM

Bring your wife in, they'll dicker.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmaster View Post
Bring your wife in, they'll dicker.
Sounds like the starting to the Champ. I says PARDON? I lose it. Head fake the dummy with a clip board and BOOM one to the gas bag. How's that for "Bring your wife in, they'll dicker for ya" Ever since I've been THE CHAMP.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:58 AM

My brother got their escape through Milt at DK ford in Leduc.

He was very happy with Milt and their pricing. He seems to sell more at less, and makes more on returning customers. He said they looked at other dealerships and their price was much better than other ford dealerships.

I havent bought through them but if I was looking I'd call there and ask him for a quote.

Tell him, you know someone who bought through them and you might get better pricing...
Old 08-25-2011, 08:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota369 View Post
The dealers will hate me for this, but here goes, pick the price you are willing to pay, (don't finance through the dealer go to the bank) then walk in pick the vehicle you want, make sure you know what options/trim package you would like, and then ask to talk to the general manager or the new car sales manager, say "I am an educated buyer, this is exactly what I want with this trim package, and this is what I am willing to pay". Do this in the last three days of any given month.(very important) When they try and negotiate, say thanks for your time maybe the next dealer down the road will want this deal and be fully prepared to walk out the door and never look back!!!! It also helps that when you talk to them take out an envelope full of cash, and let them know you have a 3-5 thousand dollar cash down payment in your hand.

Good luck and have fun, and expect to get some abuse from the dealers you talk too as they hate it when you know how to play the game..........

And you didn't hear this from me!!!!
Absolutely!

Had a friend that used to sell cars help me on this.
Walk in with the cash already.
No Trade in.
Last couple days of the month.
Late December/January is a great time to do this because sales are usually down after Xmas.
Offer whatever you feel like over true dealer cost plus tax.
See the proof of what they paid and take the time to do the math on taxes etc.
If they want to make a couple hundred dollars quick they'll take it.
If not... try somewhere else.

You'd be surprised how much you can shave off of the sticker price.