Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2017, 10:51 PM

Default Concentricity Gauge Arrived!!!

My Concentricity Gauage arrived this week. I set it up tonight and I learned a few things.

1) Lapua Brass is amazing (well more confirmed than learned) I resized some of my once fired 6.5x47 Lapua brass and measured every 5th piece. All of them were 1/1000th or less runout. This also means that my redding neck bushing die is also very very tight in its tolerances. It also confirms that my Press does not affect my ammo to any significant amount. I am pretty happy right now.

2) After testing some 308 ammo I made with lapua brass I learned that this ammo has less than 2/1000ths of runout. This means the brass is great, the bullet seater is great and the bullets themselves are well made. It also shows that both the resizing die and seating die are working well.

3) After testing some 7mm Rem mag hunting ammo I learned that it is not as well made as my target shooting ammo. It had 3 or 4/1000th of runout. I am using Nosler Brass and a redding full length sizing die. I have yet to determine where the runnout is occuring as I have no fired brass to resize and measure.

I am pretty happy with the new toy, I think it will provide me with alot of useful information about the quality of my reloading. I think I might also try and test some bullets and see how they look.