Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-12-2015, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Who cares ?n You like fire, light yourself up and be done with it.
LOL....Don't taunt Purgy........he's always on the brink of spontaneously combusting he's one of the good trolls.....
Old 11-12-2015, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
LOL....Don't taunt Purgy........he's always on the brink of spontaneously combusting he's one of the good trolls.....
I kinda get a kick out of purgatory.sv weird ramblings. I think he may have done a little too much LSD in a short time frame back in the day.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rman View Post
I'm fairly sure my comprehension is just fine...as per your quote above, its the same thing?
Your grasp of experience seems to be lacking again. All you had to do was mention all of your meek experience and meagre knowledge, and actually participate on the thread. Yet you choose not to, for some reason?
As far as facts that just aren't true, I'm not sure how many pictures of dead critters, killed with the bullet in question you need to see? Never mind that a fact has to be true, or it isn't a fact (there is that comprehension thing again). Considering the source of most of the nonsense on this thread, and who is spewing it, you'll just have to watch closer, as opposed to farther.
Lots of ways to get stuff done, telling is the way you have chosen.

To get things back on track, I'm heading out again tomorrow to try and shoot the largest bodied muley buck I can find with an A-max. If successful, I'll make sure I post up the results, good, bad, or marginal. My actual experience tells me that should I connect, the outcome will be very predictable, and more than favourable. lol

R.
Any luck with your mulie buck?
Old 11-12-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Wow.

I didn't think it was Friday night yet? Keep up the good work?
How can he back up his claims on this thread? He has quoted books and internet links as opposed to posting up pictures of dead animals shot with the bullet in question? Never mind that he actually hasn't, so he can't?
And because you and I haven't met, my character, reputation, and accomplishments are somehow held to question? Get friggin real.
I remember very well the 38-55 thread. It was the one that I participated in, and you didn't. The target that I did shoot off hand, successfully after several attempts? That thread? The one that you called me a liar on? That one?
Isn't it the same one that you were going to build a rifle for, and prove me wrong, Mythbusters style? How is that going, by the way? Kinda dropped it when you got the quote from Doug T? Of course you did, because like most things, you just talked about it, and never did it. Have you called Saul yet?
The fact that somehow you think that load was hot, or that my rifle is "beefed" up tells much about your "talents".
So, because you pulled your same old call out crap, I am not to believed? I am now supposed to challenge Bushrat to shoot a moose, elk and deer with an A-max bullet, in front of me, at the time oand place my choosing, to prove what he claims is correct? And if he doesn't, I get to call him a liar and a cheat?
I don't have to put myself in the same league as Bushrat, as I actually go do things, as opposed to quoting books, boxes, and internet links.
You have no idea who I am, or what I do, and its for the best that way. I am sure as heck not your "kiddo" either, fella.
I'll put up my 38-55 anytime, right after Bushrat shoots a moose, an elk, and a deer with an A-max bullet, at the time and place of my choosing, offhand or otherwise. Those are your "rules", not mine. I guess until that happens, I get to call him a liar and a cheat???

Congratulations?

R.
I think I was the guy that mentioned Mythbusters.....
Old 11-12-2015, 11:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Wow.

How can he back up his claims on this thread? He has quoted books and internet links as opposed to posting up pictures of dead animals shot with the bullet in question?
And because you and I haven't met, my character, reputation, and accomplishments are somehow held to question? Get friggin real.
I remember very well the 38-55 thread. It was the one that I participated in, and you didn't. The target that I did shoot off hand, successfully after several attempts? That thread? The one that you called me a liar on? That one?
Isn't it the same one that you were going to build a rifle for, and prove me wrong, Mythbusters style? How is that going, by the way? Kinda dropped it when you got the quote from Doug T? Of course you did, because like most things, you just talked about it, and never did it. Have you called Saul yet?
The fact that somehow you think that load was hot, or that my rifle is "beefed" up tells much about your "talents".
So, because you pulled your same old call out crap, I am not to believed? I am now supposed to challenge Bushrat to shoot a moose, elk and deer with an A-max bullet, in front of me, at the time of my choosing, to prove what he claims is correct? And if he doesn't, I get to call him a liar and a cheat?
I don't have to put myself in the same league as Bushrat, as I actually go do things, as opposed to quoting books, boxes, and internet links.
You have no idea who I am, or what I do, and its for the best that way. I am sure as heck not your "kiddo" either, fella.
I'll put up my 38-55 anytime, right after Bushrat shoots a moose, an elk, and a deer with an A-max bullet, at the time and place of my choosing, offhand or otherwise. Those are your "rules", not mine. I guess until that happens, I get to call him a liar and a cheat???

Congratulations?

R.
Long paragraph trying to explain yourself. Two things, yes I've called you out to be a liar and still do. You've yet to prove your target as you've said you would and then backed out once you realized that you had been taken to task. Second, don't you even dare to compare yourself to the likes of Bushrat... child. You are no where close to his league. Buddy was shooting tiny groups when you were still sucking a titty and filling your diapers.

Last edited by gitrdun; 11-12-2015 at 11:11 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
I think I was the guy that mentioned Mythbusters.....
And yet you have told me repeatedly that it was another member?
You boys need to take better notes in order to keep track of your "stuff"

R.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
About as long as the one you spewed from your keyboard?
I have nothing to prove to the likes of you. I participated in the challenge, you did not.
If you want to pretend that somehow you, of all people, have taken me to task, then do so. Its your imagination, use it how you wish.
Again, I don't have to compare, and it wouldn't be much of a dare, as I go do real stuff.
And I'm not your child, fella.
Isn't trying to beat the swear filter against the forum rules? (glad I grabbed that quote before you changed it...)

This thread is about A-max bullets, and their performance on game. If you want to rant against me, start another thread.
R.
You need not to prove anything to me child, as I already know you to lie and fake your way through this forum.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Isn't trying to beat the swear filter against the forum rules? (glad I grabbed that quote before you changed it...)
So were you the class tattle tale as a child?
Old 11-13-2015, 07:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
You need not to prove anything to me child, as I already know you to lie and fake your way through this forum.
And yet you keep demanding that I do?
I lie and fake my way through this forum? As opposed to what you do? Idle threats and bluster? Demanding proof on your own terms from any one you diagree with? Gas Stations? Lawyers? Rifles instead of binoculars?

Isn't hurling insults against the forum rules?

I assure you, I am no child, unlike some you seem to run with. I do not lie, nor cheat. I participated in a challange, you did not, and posted my results. I was then attacked by you, and others. And for what? And why? People hit targets smaller than that, with rifles like that everyday, without multiple attempts.

Isn't a thread derail against forum rules as well?

I would ask if you knew anything at about AMax bullets, but I already know the answer.

R.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
So were you the class tattle tale as a child?
That is downright hilarious coming form you.

Fairly plain to see that hypocrisy knows no bounds.

R.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:42 AM
Banned

If all I had was Amax's, id use them.
If I was looking for a less expensive hunting bullet, I would shoot a gameking, prohunter or an interlock before an amax.
Why you would go hunting moose with an amax is beyond me. Sure they may group great, but its a moose, and sub moa accuracy is way overrated for hunting.

As you were...
Old 11-13-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
And yet you have told me repeatedly that it was another member?
You boys need to take better notes in order to keep track of your "stuff"

R.
Yes you are right it is another member with the 38-55 to do the test, I was just pointing out it was me that mentioned it not Gitrdun. See Ryan, I ALWAYS have your back!
Old 11-13-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
And yet you keep demanding that I do?
I lie and fake my way through this forum? As opposed to what you do? Idle threats and bluster? Demanding proof on your own terms from any one you diagree with? Gas Stations? Lawyers? Rifles instead of binoculars?

Isn't hurling insults against the forum rules?

I assure you, I am no child, unlike some you seem to run with. I do not lie, nor cheat. I participated in a challange, you did not, and posted my results. I was then attacked by you, and others. And for what? And why? People hit targets smaller than that, with rifles like that everyday, without multiple attempts.

Isn't a thread derail against forum rules as well?

I would ask if you knew anything at about AMax bullets, but I already know the answer.

R.
Did you get the big bodied mulie buck with an AMAX over the weekend?
Old 11-13-2015, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Wow.

How can he back up his claims on this thread? He has quoted books and internet links as opposed to posting up pictures of dead animals shot with the bullet in question? Never mind that he actually hasn't, so he can't?
So, because you pulled your same old call out crap, I am not to believed? I am now supposed to challenge Bushrat to shoot a moose, elk and deer with an A-max bullet, in front of me, at the time and place my choosing, to prove what he claims is correct? And if he doesn't, I get to call him a liar and a cheat?

Congratulations?

R.
It would seem you cannot accept that people are entitled to their own opinions without taking offense. I have no experience killing things with A-Maxes because I choose not to use them for hunting. I have shot and seen shot things with hornady interlocks and hornady SST's, I prefer the less explosive charasteristics of the interlock over the SST. We shot a moose last fall with 30 cal 180gr SST's from a 300wsm, the mess and lack of penetration two of those 3 bullets made was not the behavior I desire of a hunting bullet. When the Manufacturer , who designed and makes them bills the SST as a hunting bullet that is tougher than the A-Max I will take their word for it over yours.
For me When I see something that doesn't perform the way I like because it is too frangible I pick something a little tougher as opposed to picking something billed as even more frangible.

Have a good one.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
It would seem you cannot accept that people are entitled to their own opinions without taking offense. I have no experience killing things with A-Maxes because I choose not to use them for hunting...
No offence taken at all.
Why would you make a comment on the subject, when you have no first hand experience regarding it?

R.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by purgatory.sv View Post
Excellent.
I like books.
well i'm just curious because my hornady book says it's fine for thin skinned game but my nosler book makes no mention of the A-max at all. further more neither of the two mention the tsx...

i am confused

Quote:
your load is well above the recommended maximums for the rifle and the cartridge. based on the information you provided to us (mv), that much is undeniable.

i also remember that you claimed you could shoot the higher pressure because you had gone through the rifle and rebuilt it.

that was a silly argument
Old 11-13-2015, 09:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_e_o View Post
well i'm just curious because my hornady book says it's fine for thin skinned game but my nosler book makes no mention of the A-max at all. further more neither of the two mention the tsx...

i am confused

your load is well above the recommended maximums for the rifle and the cartridge. based on the information you provided to us (mv), that much is undeniable.

i also remember that you claimed you could shoot the higher pressure because you had gone through the rifle and rebuilt it.

that was a silly argument
My load is well below what the receiver will handle. Check out 30-30 pressures. It is also below what others that actually shoot that discipline load. Run the googler.
I can shoot above what the recommended 38-55 pressures are, as SAMMI specifies, because the rifle isn't some old sloppy pile of junk. It wasn't a silly argument at all.

If you wan to regurgitate all this crap, then bump the original thread. I thought this one was about A-max bullets?

R.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
My load is well below what the receiver will handle. Check out 30-30 pressures. It is also below what others that actually shoot that discipline load. Run the googler.
I can shoot above what the recommended 38-55 pressures are, as SAMMI specifies, because the rifle isn't some old sloppy pile of junk. It wasn't a silly argument at all.

If you wan to regurgitate all this crap, then bump the original thread. I thought this one was about A-max bullets?

R.
So....did ya get the big bodied mulie buck over the weekend with an AMAX?
Old 11-13-2015, 09:48 AM
Banned

Quote:

R.
the original thread still wasn't about your 38-55 so bumping that would be no better.

yes a-max bullets. i have a couple of pictures from some deer kicking around. i don't know if pictures of dead animals would help and personally i don't care what other people shoot only what i do
Old 11-13-2015, 09:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
the original thread still wasn't about your 38-55 so bumping that would be no better.

yes a-max bullets. i have a couple of pictures from some deer kicking around. i don't know if pictures of dead animals would help and personally i don't care what other people shoot only what i do
Well, we can at least agree on that.
And you have actually shot animals with an A-max.
Good policy in the last bit.

Off to shoot deer, with an A-max. Looking forward to all of the opinions that somehow become facts upon my return.

R.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
And you have actually shot animals with an A-max.

R.
yup i think 4 or 5 deer and a ton of yotes. none moved more than an inch
Old 11-13-2015, 10:15 AM
Banned

Default post#84

[QUOTE=fish_e_o;3031291]well i'm just curious because my hornady book says it's fine for thin skinned game but my nosler book makes no mention of the A-max at all. further more neither of the two mention the tsx...

i am confused

Confused

Don’t be confused, I was just looking at the table on page 92.

That is all.
Old 11-13-2015, 10:30 AM
Banned

Quote:

Confused

Don’t be confused, I was just looking at the table on page 92.

That is all.
which book was that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith View Post

Read the paragraph in the middle of the page:

Note: .284" 162gr A-Max suited for target/match, varmints, and medium game. Ideal muzzle velocity 2300-3300fps.
old post from here

but my book shows nothing different i'll check out page 92 for you tonight
Old 11-13-2015, 10:35 AM
Banned

Default post#91

Quote:
which book was that?

old post from here

but my book shows nothing different i'll check out page 92 for you tonight

9th edition.
Old 11-13-2015, 10:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
9th edition.
why would they say it's ok in the 7th and i have the 8th which also says it's ok and then retract that in the 9th. when the bullets haven't changed?
Old 11-13-2015, 10:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
why would they say it's ok in the 7th and i have the 8th which also says it's ok and then retract that in the 9th. when the bullets haven't changed?
I don’t know.

I observed what you said.

Maybe it a marketing tactic to target a specific segment?

I still believe it will hurt on impact.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:06 PM

The A-Max started to be adopted in ammunition used in military contracts, from what I understand. Geneva Convention...
Old 11-13-2015, 12:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
The A-Max started to be adopted in ammunition used in military contracts, from what I understand. Geneva Convention...
hmmm i searched that and it appears that some other people are on board with that train of thought.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Was it not the Hague Convention that addressed expanding bullets?
Old 11-13-2015, 01:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
Was it not the Hague Convention that addressed expanding bullets?
Quote:
The Hague Convention of 1899, Declaration III prohibits the use of expanding bullets in international warfare.[20][21] This is often incorrectly believed to be prohibited by the Geneva Conventions, but it significantly predates those conventions, and is in fact a continuance of the Declaration of St Petersburg in 1868, which banned exploding projectiles of less than 400 grams.
there you go