Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-19-2010, 10:30 AM

Default I'm so sick of guys not using their reg books! Anyone elese with some dumb question about opening dates, etc....!

I kinda just had to let it out, I'm getting soooooooooooo tired of guys asking questions clearly outlined in the regs. By them getting info here they're missing out on all the important info in the regs as well as taking a chance of getting some wrong info. It seems people have lost the ability to read, or flip a page.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:47 AM

I hear ya, or if you post on this site how hard is it to look it up online. if you google search alberta fishing regulations its the first result and very easy to find.

www.albertaregulations.ca
Old 05-19-2010, 10:48 AM

and also considering that one of the sticky's on the main page is a link to the online regulations.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:50 AM

Ive said it before and Ill say it agian . Its ones responsibility to know whats what . And if they refuse to do so , they pay the penalty . Its pretty simple dont help them out or if you find it fit help them . Not all questions can be answered from that 100 page book .
Old 05-19-2010, 10:55 AM

Some of our posters are children who dont maybe get the regs, know where to get the regs nor maybe even understand them. All they know is there are some regulations out there. I sometimes do the thing when I see the post but instead of getting angry answer the question if you want to or not, then send them the link to the Alberta fishing regs. Really simple and keeps the blood pressure down How do you treat your children when they ask the same question over and over again?
Old 05-19-2010, 11:11 AM

I totally agree and have been thinking about making a post on the same thing. I can understand if people need clarification on something, but I am totally sick of the morons who come on here and expect us to do the work for them. Same goes for the people who are coming on here asking for secret spots with the best fishing. I mean it's one thing to look for some pointers, but people coming on here asking for a place with solitude and lots of big fish is getting rediculous.

There was a time when fishing was just that, fishing. Now people feel like they need to be taken by the hand and given everything, while they are intellectually lazy and are willing to do nothing to learn things themselves. This includes the regs, look it up for yourself.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpro View Post
I totally agree and have been thinking about making a post on the same thing. I can understand if people need clarification on something, but I am totally sick of the morons who come on here and expect us to do the work for them. Same goes for the people who are coming on here asking for secret spots with the best fishing. I mean it's one thing to look for some pointers, but people coming on here asking for a place with solitude and lots of big fish is getting rediculous.

There was a time when fishing was just that, fishing. Now people feel like they need to be taken by the hand and given everything, while they are intellectually lazy and are willing to do nothing to learn things themselves. This includes the regs, look it up for yourself.
x 1000000 ITs the new day in age people are getting lazy . They would sooner get others to do what they would of spent hours and days . And with a few simple clicks you can find Tons of information . Granted some kids that come here might be asking but There are plenty of adults new to the sport with no idea . And guys like me dont mind helping but keep dreaming if your wanting my best fisihng spots .
Old 05-19-2010, 11:18 AM

How did this get from asking a question about the regs to asking for your best fishing spot?

What makes me tired, beating a dead horse...
Old 05-19-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirrl View Post
How did this get from asking a question about the regs to asking for your best fishing spot?

What makes me tired, beating a dead horse...
Because it's the same type of idiots doing both, they are both lazy and expect us to do all the work for them.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:23 AM

x2 to that too....fishpro and BBJ have it 100%
Old 05-19-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadjohn View Post
ive said it before and ill say it agian . Its ones responsibility to know whats what . And if they refuse to do so , they pay the penalty . Its pretty simple dont help them out or if you find it fit help them . Not all questions can be answered from that 100 page book .
x2 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000
Old 05-19-2010, 11:43 AM

True enough. On the other hand, you are not required to answer, or even read, such questions. I don't see it as much to get worked up about. Sort of like when you see this week's "what's the best all-round hunting rifle for Alberta" question.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:03 PM

lol, x2
Old 05-19-2010, 12:03 PM

I guess I'm one of the morons/idiots being slammed here. I guess from here on I'll have to ask myself if #1. my question can be answered through other means #2. Is my question important enough to post on this site. I wish now that I hadn't asked. Sorry. Rick.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
True enough. On the other hand, you are not required to answer, or even read, such questions. I don't see it as much to get worked up about. Sort of like when you see this week's "what's the best all-round hunting rifle for Alberta" question.

I'll just agree, Im just sad because I'll have to hide my favorite fly at the gathering. Someone might see it.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
no kidding! Some people on here are really full of themselves aren't they?
Old 05-19-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick. View Post
I guess I'm one of the morons/idiots being slammed here. I guess from here on I'll have to ask myself if #1. my question can be answered through other means #2. Is my question important enough to post on this site. I wish now that I hadn't asked. Sorry. Rick.
Imagine that.... An Alberta outdoorsman forum where you cant ask a question
Old 05-19-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick. View Post
I dont think anyone is saying that . Its more of the point people would sooner take the 5 minutes or whatever it takes to type out there question post a new thread with a very basic question could be answered within 2 seconds of opening your regulations .

Im not slamming people for asking questions , Im slamming them for not taking the first step in helping them selves . The Internet makes society lazy .

25 years ago or even 15 years ago you didn't have the Internet . WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THE OLD WAY ???????????

Anyway Ill just shut up now enough on this subject before thread gets closed .
Old 05-19-2010, 12:13 PM

To ask a good question is always a good thing, but to rely on the advice of strangers for reg questions is not the brightest move in my book. One false answer and bam there's a 300$ fine for you whe the CO catches you. And yes Rick No#1 is actually a very good question to ask yourself especially in legal issues (ie. regs)

Last edited by timsesink; 05-19-2010 at 12:14 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-19-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirrl View Post
Imagine that.... An Alberta outdoorsman forum where you cant ask a question
Oh sure you can ask questions. Just be careful they aren't stupid, ignorant, or lazy. I'll say no more on this thread. Rick.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:21 PM

It's not about asking questions...it's about asking questions that should 1. should know, 2. look it up yourself.

IE: When does Pine coulee open? Jebus....look in the regs. How hard is it? That is what the OP is ranting about.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:23 PM

Just waiting for the thread of " Im so sick of hypocrits and their holyier than thow attitudes....." Or " Why does everybody have to post their rants on here" or " Why do we have to go over the same rants over and over....." or whatever else somebody is having a bs moment about. Use this forum to share stories and information. This thread does nothing but get people on both sides mad and does nothing constructive, it's only purpose is to cause issues. It's May long, time for everybody to get out and get rid of some cabin fever, have a bevy and relax.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:25 PM

This reminds me why I don't read the fishing posts.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:26 PM

good point diamonddave, you're right the forum is for stories and related info, not for asking reg questions easily answered somewhere else. Yes I agree, let's close down Ao for the weekend and go hit the lakes!
Old 05-19-2010, 12:28 PM

Cheers to beers and fishing...I do need to get out.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:49 PM

Yep the red deer and a couple of cold ones around the fire are screaming at me to get my a** over there.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:21 PM

This thread is a complete waste of time.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:25 PM

good to see you took the time to post
Old 05-19-2010, 01:39 PM

It doesn't bother me at all. Sometimes it is very difficult to find the information one is looking for in the regulations. It can also be hard to understand the regulations at times. Others can certainly assist in clarifying things and getting the required information.

FYI: I'm sure I'm not the only person on the forum who occasionally posts from my BlackBerry. I've posted while sitting on a city bus. While it is possible to post from mobile devices like a BlackBerry, it isn't always easy. The online regs are virtually impossible to navigate on one. I could be sitting on a bus, thinking about my next fishing trip, and post a query to the forum regarding the regulations: because at that moment in time I couldn't get the answer by reading the regs myself. Lazy? No. Impatient? Yes.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:42 PM

Default Relax

Most who ask a regulation question know they are gonna take some flak, or get told to go look it up or whatnot. If you don't want to entertain these "stupid" questions then don't! Any who get frustrated by this are simply wound too tight and need to get some .................... time in fishing or a couple of wobbly pops or something........push back from the keyboard......take a big deep breath and then slowly let it all out and relax!!!! This board is for information and entertainment!!! Stop taking everything soooooo seriously!!