Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-20-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletree View Post
The 99th St Diner's got the right atmosphere.
X2
Old 08-20-2011, 07:57 PM

This might be a 3 year old post but what the heck, Ranchers in Hinton has one of the best burger and ceaser salads I have ever had. Just make sure you ask for the rancher burger, made fresh cooked to however you like, medium is just right
Old 08-20-2011, 08:36 PM

Sandy View Farms 'The Loft' in Spruce Grove has a great breakfast and lunch. The butcher shop below supplies all the meat and sausage. Service can be slow on Sundays but I never leave hungry.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:14 PM

For greasy spoon places I would have to say lazy r&r in valleyview. Looks rough from the outside but went in last year around grey cup... By far the best food in valleyview. Pub type atmosphere but real food and pie for desert, tough to beat when you are working there for half the year!
Old 08-20-2011, 09:30 PM

There used to be a spot in Hinton...little place.... had bison burgers..known for them too....frig...the name escapes me now.....had one once...and anytime I went thru after that...oh yeah...they had a 1.5 litre milkshake there too
I can remember a great breakfast at the Old "Bonnie"venture on the yellowhead tr..too..Stayed there lots and lots....everyone kinda moved to the yellowhead Inn and the big buffet at West Ed truckland after the Bonnie was tore down. Hard to get an 18 wheeler in all them little places
Old 08-20-2011, 10:32 PM

If your out Rocky Mountain House area, theres a little place on i think its about 51st and 50th called Cafe Pizzeria. Im not sure on the pizza but ive never ever had a better burger anywhere including ones homemade. The woman who owns the joint wont give me her recipe either. Ive taken people there and they all say the same thing im sayin.
Whenever im near there for trout fishing or even if i have to go to RedDeer i always take the extra miles to go to Rocky if im not in the semi, for her burgers. There that good and different from all others seriously. At about $9 bucks with fries it a little pricey but they give you so much its hard to finish it.

Darwell has a pub with good burgers or used to be but havnt been there in a long while. And yeah 99th Street Diner is also good food and lots of it in Edmonton.
Zambellies sure its not spelled right in Leduc has good Greek food and spinach and feta cheese pizza to die for.

Last edited by cranky; 08-20-2011 at 10:38 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:27 PM

Count me as another vote for Barb and Ernie's on 99th. There "old country inn" dish is awesome. Picture eggs Benedict, but with a stack of assorted European cold cuts instead of the traditional ham.
I think I might go tomorrow for brunch.