Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 03-06-2015, 10:36 AM

Default Outcast Stealth Pro, Yes or No

I can't find any genuine reviews of the Stealth Pro. Anyone use one since it has been released. The other options are American, like the Scadden Outlaw Renegade but our dollar is killing us.

How does it row, handle, ect... I'm 80% still water but hoping to drift many rivers especially the Bow.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:04 PM

I own one but I have no idea how it handles... never floated it yet, bought it Boxing Day 2014. The one review I had was from a guy I know and trust, he thinks it's the cat's ass plus it's an Outcast and they"re not known for a crap ill handling product.

I know one downfall with the damn thing though... by the time you get it outfitted to your liking the pontoon may just be the cheap part. Them Scotty components start to add up
Old 03-06-2015, 01:34 PM

I have one and love it. Sold my IR10 to get this one. Much easier to cart around for me since I don't own a truck. I've only used it on a few lakes and I find it rows really well and is easy to maneuver. The only two drawbacks for me was the soft seat, but once I got it all adjusted it seems to be pretty good. ( I was used to the hard back of the IR ) the other was with a pontoon it would cut through the waves without splashing up on you. With the Pro having the closed back, the waves would hit and come up and over. Now I know to keep my hood up.
Taco is correct that the accessories can add up but those are costly for all models. I rigged mine with a rod holder and the scotty anchor system. I also bought the outcast fish finder holder.

Hope this helps.