Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-26-2009, 07:19 AM

Default !!!!!Swine Flu!!!!!!!

I am hearing some different reports on this, are we on the verge of a major pandemic

It sure seems to be spreading fast
Old 04-26-2009, 07:57 AM

Taken from another site...

Quote:
The media has grabbed on to another pandemic that is going to kill all of us. Only this time, and thankfully, it doesn't have feathers. Everyone look out for the SWINE FLU!!!!! http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/04/24/sw ... index.html

I'm hoarding my family into the bunker now, still have lots of bird flu vaccines as well as vaccines for SARS and West Nile. I'm also taking precautions and preparing for the day when feline flu strikes or canine flu or or equine flu or chlorophyll flu....
Old 04-26-2009, 08:00 AM

I propose we ban pigs...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Muppets-Kermit-Miss-Piggy_l.jpg (10.9 KB, 132 views)
Old 04-26-2009, 08:13 AM

Default Could be the big one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sQDhXDpKZI
Old 04-26-2009, 09:21 AM

I have been following this closely. Mainly because I am flying to the mayan riviara on friday. Its freaking me out. Things have moved fast so we will have to see where we stand later in the week. who knows how fast and far it will go. Maybe they won't even let us fly there by then. They are saying 10 people in new zealand have it. some more in new york, some in kansas now too. man those bugs move quick.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:34 AM

Get your zombie slayers ready, 'cause they're coming...
Old 04-26-2009, 10:08 AM

Funny how disease names change over the years. When I was young, it was called "the dose". Chances were, you would catch it downtown after the bar closed!!!
Old 04-26-2009, 10:11 AM
gitrdun

Say what you want, you'd still be taking foolish chances to vacation in Mexico at this time. My wife and I have been vacationing on the west coast salmon fishing and checking out our own country for the past few years. We've never been murdered, mugged, robbed, ripped off, stalled in airports, or dissapointed.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:41 AM

pharmecuticals are one of the stocks that haven't seen some upswing since our crash. Anyone for options?
Old 04-26-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Say what you want, you'd still be taking foolish chances to vacation in Mexico at this time. My wife and I have been vacationing on the west coast salmon fishing and checking out our own country for the past few years. We've never been murdered, mugged, robbed, ripped off, stalled in airports, or dissapointed.
I don't disagree fully with your statement. If it were my decision on how to spend $4400 for me and the fiancee it would not have been mexico. We fish a lot together and the west coast is on our wish list. However, my sister is getting married there and the whole family is going down. I feel obligated to go there, and am in the wedding party. I am not really all that scared of dying. I have heard reports of how there medical facilities are run and would blame it more on that. All those in the states seem to be surviving.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:29 PM

Hmmm, 20,000 canadians are hospitilized a year for influenza, 4000 of them die. 10 mexicans die from the flue and now we have a dire epidemic? friggen media ..... keeping people paranoid.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by depopulator View Post
get your zombie slayers ready, 'cause they're coming...

x2
Old 04-26-2009, 06:08 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulecrazy View Post
I don't disagree fully with your statement. If it were my decision on how to spend $4400 for me and the fiancee it would not have been mexico. We fish a lot together and the west coast is on our wish list. However, my sister is getting married there and the whole family is going down. I feel obligated to go there, and am in the wedding party. I am not really all that scared of dying. I have heard reports of how there medical facilities are run and would blame it more on that. All those in the states seem to be surviving.
did u spend a few bucks on cancellation insurance????...have travelled the world a few times....would not touch Mexico now, the way it's been going the last year or so
Old 04-26-2009, 06:12 PM

Muley
landed last night form Mexico, we also stayed in the Mayan. The resorts are keeping this thing pretty quite. Last count when we left over 200 people dead in Mexico city as of Saturday. The spread of this is caused by not washing your hands before you eat..Stay safe
Gramps
Old 04-26-2009, 06:18 PM

We have cancellation insurance for sure. Can never be too safe. We are just going to see how this all plays out over the next few days and go from there. There is no way to stop it IMO it is all over already.

I don't think simply the fact that it is killing people that is scaring everyone it is who it is killing. Normally the older or more vulnerable will be the ones who die from the flu. this one is killing 30 something males.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:30 PM

Muley
From what I had heard nobody in Canada and the US has died. I think that the lack of medical help is a result of all the deaths in Mexico..I could not agree the scary thing is the age group it is affecting..
Gramps
Old 04-26-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Hmmm, 20,000 canadians are hospitilized a year for influenza, 4000 of them die. 10 mexicans die from the flue and now we have a dire epidemic? friggen media ..... keeping people paranoid.
Exactly!! Bushrat, you hit the nail on the head.

Cheers
Old 04-26-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denpacc View Post
Exactly!! Bushrat, you hit the nail on the head.

Cheers
x2
Old 04-26-2009, 06:59 PM

like the Kinks said, Paranoia will destroy ya . disease of the month club. but just in case glad Im over 30 for the first time

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 04-26-2009, 10:18 PM

why take the risk???!!!
this isn't a video game, where you have 3 lives to end the game... in real life, it's only one chance...
last i heard on the news, there are already 6 cases in canada, 4 in NS and 2 in BC, and no one can tell what's gonna happen to those guys...
Old 04-26-2009, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemoss View Post
why take the risk???!!!
this isn't a video game, where you have 3 lives to end the game... in real life, it's only one chance...
last i heard on the news, there are already 6 cases in canada, 4 in NS and 2 in BC, and no one can tell what's gonna happen to those guys...
All of the cases in Canada were considered "mild" flu cases/symptoms. In other words, nothing has happened to those "6 cases" on our soil. Seems like you've bought into the paranoia... Watch (actually listen to) the youtube vid that was put on as a link above, it may provide some food for thought or fuel for the fire

Kinda like the West Nile hysteria. Yes there have been a few people seriously affected by the West Nile, but for the most part not much came of it for a huge majority of the people bitten by the mozzy. Most of my relatives in Europe laugh at us "paranoid" North Americans. The West Nile has been in Europe since the 50's and has amounted to very little. They don't give it a second thought.

"The only thing to fear is fear itself".

Cheers
Old 04-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Banned

This post is very encouraging after watching the hysteria develope. Untill the last few days canadians didnt even know the disease existed, sinse then theyve had 200 people walking into cliniques thinking they have swine flue and of all that we have six people who do not even have to be hospitalized. Dont sound that bad to me, the states has only one case that needed to be hospitalized. The official number of dead in mexico is in the mid 80s not anywhere near 200. Bad but not any worse than SARS or west nile which didnt realy live up to the hype.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:00 AM
Banned

Swine flu.....Bird flu.....good grief..

I hope there is never a DEER flu....
Old 04-27-2009, 01:53 PM

Default Cancelled Trip to the Mayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulecrazy View Post
We have cancellation insurance for sure. Can never be too safe. We are just going to see how this all plays out over the next few days and go from there. There is no way to stop it IMO it is all over already.

I don't think simply the fact that it is killing people that is scaring everyone it is who it is killing. Normally the older or more vulnerable will be the ones who die from the flu. this one is killing 30 something males.
My wife and I cancelled our trip to the Mayan. We were also set to leave on Friday. Mayan Bahia Principe. Like you Mulecrazy my biggest fear was what the confirmed case numbers would look like on Friday. Our cancellation is much easier than yours. No strings attached with us. No sister or immediate family to disappoint.

Scrambled fast and we are now booked for Phoenix and Las Vegas. Good news is there is a Cabaleas in Phoenix, and a Bass Pro Shops in Phoenix and Vegas. I have never been to Cabelas so looking forward to that.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:08 PM

Jester,

I have deer flu, and get it every December 1, it lasts for about 9 months and then mysteriously dissappears.

Man I can't wait till fall, oh well baits are out and the hunt starts tomorrow for bears, this helps deer flu but is no cure!

Trev
Old 04-27-2009, 02:15 PM

I don't get this first it was mad cow then Bird flu , then now Swine flu , maybe its just like global warming , get everyone all worked up and worried , just because they got the runs and are barfing . If you look at these country's where these " diseases " are originated they are 3rd world countries . There's more then likely more to it then whats said , After all I think we all know where HIV and AIDS came from .
Old 04-27-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_N_Wide View Post
Jester,

I have deer flu, and get it every December 1, it lasts for about 9 months and then mysteriously dissappears.

Man I can't wait till fall, oh well baits are out and the hunt starts tomorrow for bears, this helps deer flu but is no cure!

Trev
This is my 2nd year hunting im in the same spot , build busy spending money to build a wicked Deer hunting camp . Im gettin really excited .
Old 04-27-2009, 03:19 PM

here is a google map for the swine flu.... zoom out and you can see cases around the world.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...,25.488281&z=5
Old 04-27-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
yeah of course thats how they get there money. Make us freaked out so we keep watchin for updates
Old 04-27-2009, 05:12 PM

i talked to my mother (shes a nurse) and she said it should be like SARS and only be able to kill the old and sick and newborns