Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-24-2018, 11:00 AM

Default France riots over green taxes

http://time.com/5462528/paris-police...rs-fuel-taxes/

Currently gasoline costs $7 US gallon. $4.20 US is taxes. Large portion is paid towards moving from a fossil fuel energy base.

Just saw the footage on TV. Crazy. Whole country shutting down. Road blocks everywhere.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 11-24-2018, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post

Currently gasoline costs $7 US gallon. $4.20 US is taxes. Large portion is paid towards moving from a fossil fuel energy base.

Just saw the footage on TV. Crazy. Whole country shutting down. Road blocks everywhere.
are the yellow vest guys for Hire
Old 11-24-2018, 11:36 AM

Macron says that the fossil fuel taxes are necessary to fund Alternative Energy Research. Ha!

More like, those taxes are required to fund the invasion of France by outsiders.
No fossil fuel taxes are going to be spent on research and development.

Show me proof.
Old 11-24-2018, 02:34 PM

Wow... this will be us in a few years, except for the taxes, i think we are taxed enough on everyting!
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 11-24-2018, 02:46 PM

Where does Canada rate on taxes compared to other countries? Going to guess near the top ?
Old 11-24-2018, 04:38 PM

Nice to see people protest the lies and stealing
Old 11-24-2018, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Where does Canada rate on taxes compared to other countries? Going to guess near the top ?
Hard to answer that question, because taxation is complex.

But Federally, I think Canada does well. Google it and I think you’d be surprised
Old 11-24-2018, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Moved here from Germany, 50% of the paycheck went to the government and the VAT which is similar to GST was 19%, gas currently at $2.20/liter.
It can be worse.
Old 12-04-2018, 07:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post

There is a message here people, stand up for what you believe in, my hats off to them!
Old 12-04-2018, 08:05 PM

Our country will never be united.
Each part of the country wants to sell out the next part.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:52 PM

Thumbs up

Not 100% effective in France.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg riot police.jpg (165.8 KB, 165 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 12-04-2018, 11:40 PM

People say we will be there soon. I think we are there now. Think about how much tax we are paying now.

They are saying that they are rioting because the French government wants to raise that gasoline tax up to $49 within 10 years. Can you imagine?

What’s our carbon tax at? $10/tonne and we are already noticing the extra costs in everything we buy. The Calgary school board paid 3.3 billion in Carbon tax! 3.3 billion out of our kids education. They are saying that to really fight global warming we need to pay $50/tonne. What’s that going to look like? And the kick in the nuts is anything after $30/tonne is just going into the general slush fund.

So if you ask me about the rioting in France, my comment would be that I am surprised it isn’t happening here.

PCFGA on Facebook
Old 12-05-2018, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertacoyotecaller View Post
People say we will be there soon. I think we are there now. Think about how much tax we are paying now.

They are saying that they are rioting because the French government wants to raise that gasoline tax up to $49 within 10 years. Can you imagine?

What’s our carbon tax at? $10/tonne and we are already noticing the extra costs in everything we buy. The Calgary school board paid 3.3 billion in Carbon tax! 3.3 billion out of our kids education. They are saying that to really fight global warming we need to pay $50/tonne. What’s that going to look like? And the kick in the nuts is anything after $30/tonne is just going into the general slush fund.

So if you ask me about the rioting in France, my comment would be that I am surprised it isn’t happening here.
I just double checked your figure on the Calgary School Board. It was 3.3 Million last year, not Billion... But still. That a gross amount to cost a school board.

Now, Carry on

(Source: https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...s-off-the-road)
Old 12-05-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Does anyone know how much of the current price for a liter of gas is taxes here in Alberta?
I really hope they don't look closely to Europe, lots of bad ideas to milk the people cow even more for nonsense.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:

Close million/billion. Big numbers for you no. Maybe it was 300 beellion.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
Our country will never be united.
Each part of the country wants to sell out the next part.
I think you're right.

I was sent a survey over a year ago - When it came to the question about what Canadian identity means to me, I had to stop and think. Then I realized that what I traditionally thought was Canadian identity does not reflect reality.

We are rapidly losing the glue that holds us together. And that bothers me.

Come to think of it, I have never finished that survey...
Old 12-09-2018, 10:50 AM

The gas tax was just the straw that broke the camel’s back. I’ve seen video of Firefighters and medical personnel joining the protests. Even some police are showing solidarity with the protesters. Who knows how big this snowball will get. Hopefully big enough to get the job done and send a message globally that the silent majority is fed up with this nonsense.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:44 AM

I fear that this is only the beginning, and that things are going to get much worse unless we see some significant changes in attitude by the various governments.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:58 PM

This is a WeAreChange.org video on the protests.

No political sides in this, just reporting on what's going on, on the ground.

Not sure it's not just about the tax. There is definite anger against media and calls for Macron to resign.

Title: What is Really Happening in France?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJxVCsWzRx8

NRA/NFA Supporter and "...gun toting tea party psychotard..." -
Old 12-09-2018, 11:30 PM

I have been following the situation in France for a while now. The momentum continues to build and this weekend the confrontation hits a new peak, tear gas and rubber bullets fly everywhere. Made me want to buy some gas masks and goggles just in case Canada goes to hell. Any suggestions where to get good quality products?
Old 12-10-2018, 06:38 AM

Do you realize they're rioting against austerity, and tax breaks for business, and against the average joe paying more? The carbon tax they're protesting is something people pay, rather than businesses and that is the main thing that set them off.

So, despite how it's spun by some media here, it's not a right wing revolt. It's more of an uprising demanding higher minimum wage, and increased taxation of the rich/corporations.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:50 PM

They don’t want globalism or the UN migration pact. Can’t blame then when their president claims things like “there’s no such thing as French people, only European people”. Our PM recently said something along the same lines.