Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-25-2018, 12:30 PM

Default 2018/19 Eskimo Z71 Augers

Wow what a difference Eskimo has made on the handle and on/off switch for the new Z71. Looks pretty good.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:09 PM

Think it's light enough to hold out the front of my boat I might need an ice breaker Just kidding guys. Looks great. Enjoy your hard water days. Might end up being more than our soft water stuff. Maybe use two of ya!!!! Got room for four in the boat. GRIND AND CHEW WE MAKE IT THROUGH Had a few good days at CRV last week and not ready to give it up.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:51 PM

I’ve had a z71 for a few years now and love it .. hard to tell in the pic but to me those new handles look brutal .. Maybe it’s just the pic but I really like the ones on mine and have never had a problem with the on off switch
Old 09-25-2018, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bowhunter12 View Post
I’ve had a z71 for a few years now and love it .. hard to tell in the pic but to me those new handles look brutal .. Maybe it’s just the pic but I really like the ones on mine and have never had a problem with the on off switch
I just picked up a new Z71. I gave my old one to my son. The handles feel way more solid than the older type. The handles are really comfortable. I cant comment on the off/on switch until I use it. Its probably in my head but this auger feel lighter.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:40 PM

Yah I guess guys must be having problems with them if they decided to change those things... awesome auger and cutting a little weight off it couldn’t hurt..
Old 09-25-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bowhunter12 View Post
Yah I guess guys must be having problems with them if they decided to change those things... awesome auger and cutting a little weight off it couldn’t hurt..
Your correct. Guys were having trouble with the handles developing a lot of play in them after many uses. The nylon grooves were wearing out against the aluminum. I did notice the new handle design is a deeper V shape than the mako. Time will tell. just need some ice .
Old 09-29-2018, 03:14 AM

Looks like an older style Viper to me.
If this is the way they are going I wonder if the price will drop or are they just building a cheeper unit at the same price.