Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-30-2022, 11:13 PM

Default Stolen car in Edmonton

At 5:30am on Saturday my wife's dark green 4 door 1996 Honda Accord, license plate WKK 153 was stolen from the front of our house. The security camera video shows some type of SUV drove up to it very quickly, the passenger got out and opened the Honda's door (it was locked) and managed to start it and drive away in less than 2 minutes.

I realize a 1996 Accord isn't exactly worth crying over but my wife has owned it since new. The car was in excellent condition mechanically and cosmetically. Not to mention what it's gonna cost to replace it with something comparable.

I'm offering $1000 reward for any information that leads to its return.

Mod(s): Not sure if this is ok to post here or not. If not, I apologize. Just trying every angle and posting everywhere I can. Please remove it if it violates any policy or rule.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg accord.jpg (78.3 KB, 238 views)
Old 10-31-2022, 06:09 AM

I’ve said it before, if these scumbags would get some fingers or hands removed when they do get caught I think it would go a long ways in deterring crime.
Old 10-31-2022, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinyotes View Post
i’ve said it before, if these scumbags would get some fingers or hands removed when they do get caught i think it would go a long ways in deterring crime.
sss
Old 10-31-2022, 01:17 PM

Maybe you’ll get lucky like my buddy did when his mid 90s Honda car was stolen here in Edm: just ended up being someone’s ride across town and was dumped after. At least you know it’s (probably) not going to a chop shop or likely to be used in someone’s rural crime spree like an F350 would.
Old 10-31-2022, 02:45 PM

Had my older GMC truck stolen 5 times. Always got it back .
Great news is if you paid for theft , there is no deductible when you get it back and all repairs are done when you get it back including a good cleaning and a new windshield if it comes back with one rock chip Lol.
Hopefully they just took it for the tires .
Old 11-01-2022, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
Maybe you’ll get lucky like my buddy did when his mid 90s Honda car was stolen here in Edm: just ended up being someone’s ride across town and was dumped after. At least you know it’s (probably) not going to a chop shop or likely to be used in someone’s rural crime spree like an F350 would.
That's what I told the wife. It's not like a 1996 Accord is going into a shipping container to be sold overseas
Old 11-01-2022, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
Had my older GMC truck stolen 5 times. Always got it back .
Great news is if you paid for theft , there is no deductible when you get it back and all repairs are done when you get it back including a good cleaning and a new windshield if it comes back with one rock chip Lol.
Hopefully they just took it for the tires .
Just put a new windshield in it and the tires sucked. I was gonna be changing the tires over to the brand new studded snow tires the day I discovered it was stolen, so at least they didn't get those. Oddly enough, it's the least expensive of our five vehicles and only my wifes two cars have theft lol
Old 11-01-2022, 12:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
Just put a new windshield in it and the tires sucked. I was gonna be changing the tires over to the brand new studded snow tires the day I discovered it was stolen, so at least they didn't get those. Oddly enough, it's the least expensive of our five vehicles and only my wifes two cars have theft lol
So some folks still risk jail time by stealing 1996 Honda?. I can't Imagine that.
I wish you good luck in recovering it.
Old 11-01-2022, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipz View Post
So some folks still risk jail time by stealing 1996 Honda?. I can't Imagine that.
Jail time?!?! Doesn't happen in most murder cases. Unless it's a property owner defending their property or life.
Old 11-01-2022, 10:03 AM

Quote:
That's what I told the wife. It's not like a 1996 Accord is going into a shipping container to be sold overseas
Yeah! The only downside is sometimes it takes awhile for the car to be noticed, reported and impounded to be checked by the police. Was something like three weeks my buddy’s car was sitting in an industrial area in NW Edmonton before someone called it in. Hoping for the best. Sucks to lose something you’ve had for 26 years.
Old 11-01-2022, 05:47 PM

I hope you get it back. IMHO, the late 90s were peak Honda. Good build quality and electronics / electrics without the overkill of required systems that will eventually fail.
Old 11-02-2022, 11:14 AM

Quote:
At 5:30am on Saturday my wife's dark green 4 door 1996 Honda Accord, license plate WKK 153 was stolen from the front of our house. The security camera video shows some type of SUV drove up to it very quickly, the passenger got out and opened the Honda's door (it was locked) and managed to start it and drive away in less than 2 minutes.

I realize a 1996 Accord isn't exactly worth crying over but my wife has owned it since new. The car was in excellent condition mechanically and cosmetically. Not to mention what it's gonna cost to replace it with something comparable.

Mod(s): Not sure if this is ok to post here or not. If not, I apologize. Just trying every angle and posting everywhere I can. Please remove it if it violates any policy or rule.
My neighbors 2002 Honda was stolen off his driveway in North Edmonton. He got it back the next morning less the catalytic converter. Imagine that, stealing a car just to cut a catalytic converter off.
Old 11-02-2022, 11:18 AM

damn I can see why it was stolen.

Great condition car and a 90's honda is easy peezy to steal.

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 11-06-2022, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipz View Post
If its worth under $5000. its just a slap on the hand . No jail time and they know it .
Old 11-06-2022, 10:24 PM

It is worth being very angry over...I drive a 98 and its cheap to run, cheap to plate, and cheap to fix. Great cars, and if I bought one new and it was nicked by some degenerant I would be screaming.

Feel for your situation, hope it ends up ok, like others bave said there is a chance of return..
Old 11-07-2022, 12:57 PM

Quote:

Hey, I am offering $1500 if someone let me know first, lol!
Just kidding, but I can feel your pain! To loose a good reliable car like this is terrible! You can’t really replace it with anything using the insurance money. Back in 2007 I sold my 1993 Honda Accord with 190K on it and had people lining up to get it. Ended up selling it to the guy I knew for his kid. He run it for the next 5-6 years with no trouble at all and sold it to his friend who run it for another 4-5 years. Then I lost track of it…
Old 11-09-2022, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Hey, I am offering $1500 if someone let me know first, lol!
Just kidding, but I can feel your pain! To loose a good reliable car like this is terrible! You can’t really replace it with anything using the insurance money. Back in 2007 I sold my 1993 Honda Accord with 190K on it and had people lining up to get it. Ended up selling it to the guy I knew for his kid. He run it for the next 5-6 years with no trouble at all and sold it to his friend who run it for another 4-5 years. Then I lost track of it…
It's probably still motoring along out there somewhere
Old 11-09-2022, 02:34 AM

close to ten years ago, maybe less... Lets say it was 2015sh... i read a post, or saw a screenshot of the discussion on the one of the russian auto-forums... or maybe it was just a joke... anyway...
here's loose translation...
"Hey guys, i have a 1985 honda accord with B18A engine and CA2 body style. For the last few weeks the carburetor is acting up a little... anyone has a manual or any ideas? TIA"
Best reply:
"April 1985, Gorbachov was elected as a head of state in Soviet Union. Chernobyl nuclear plant explosion. Perestrojka, Glasnost', economic decline... Yeltsin, collaps of the soviet union. My first wedding... Whole list of crazy things happening in Russia in 90s... My first divorce. 21st century... Putin came to power... My kid goes to school....

And your goddamn '85 Honda just started having issues with the f..king carburetor?
Old 11-10-2022, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak77 View Post
close to ten years ago, maybe less... Lets say it was 2015sh... i read a post, or saw a screenshot of the discussion on the one of the russian auto-forums... or maybe it was just a joke... anyway...
here's loose translation...
"Hey guys, i have a 1985 honda accord with B18A engine and CA2 body style. For the last few weeks the carburetor is acting up a little... anyone has a manual or any ideas? TIA"
Best reply:
"April 1985, Gorbachov was elected as a head of state in Soviet Union. Chernobyl nuclear plant explosion. Perestrojka, Glasnost', economic decline... Yeltsin, collaps of the soviet union. My first wedding... Whole list of crazy things happening in Russia in 90s... My first divorce. 21st century... Putin came to power... My kid goes to school....

And your goddamn '85 Honda just started having issues with the f..king carburetor?
Hahahahaha thanks for the laugh