Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 10-16-2013, 07:50 PM

Default Little Brass Rings?

This could sound rather silly, but I've only ever used super cheap-o broadheads from Crappy Tire for ripping up my foam target... Buuut, I just got a package of 100g G5 Strikers, and there was a little ziploc baggie with 3 tiny brass rings inside. Now... are these just meant to be corrective for weight discrepancies if I were to weigh them on the powder scale, or are they replacements for the little ones already on the heads?

Old 10-16-2013, 09:46 PM

I have thought about this too. I think they are just replacement for the ones the heads already come with. Because you can buy replacement blades. But they don't come with the rings, and they can get dented. I have been using strikers for about 4 years now, and I like them a lot. I would like to weigh them and see if its for weight.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:22 AM

The washers are part of the blade locking system you need them and are part of added weight [ 5 gr ]

However if you tighten the Striker heads very tight [ as all heads should be ] ...the 100gr thin washers can be dented...so they supply spares...

the 125 grain has a solid heavier brass ring ...that adds that 25 grs to make the 125 gr head so they dont use the spare thin washers...

JMHO
Neil