Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-05-2011, 02:43 PM

Default Goldbar Treated Wastewater Spill way

The bite is on, 4 walters and 3 sauger, along with a hammer handle no longer then 30cm I pulled out yesterday ! [my personal SMALLEST pike ]

they are all in the 1-5lb range but its still nice getting out and having a great time and actually catching a couple fish, no matter how small :P

it seems the small walters and saugs like to hang out right in the foam line, co-incidently where the weed bed is located. Cast just beyond the foam line with a black jig and rip it in quik to avoid the weeds until your past the foam, and then let it sink. drag it slowly back and you will have a wally on every other cast. The beach that runs down shore from the spillway is a great spot to just walk up and down casting, and there is a new beaver house [i think, its either that or just a huge pile of debris that collected] right in the middle between the main spillway and a small outfall that is also good for casting off. directly out and to the right of the beaver house is a nice 6-8ft deep pool where I have had great luck tossing a p-rig and worms for gold eye & some monster suckers.

Get out there while the bites on !

tight lines,
oliver

" There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process. ~Paul O'Neil, 1965 "
Old 08-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Banned

That used to be my favorite spot to still fish about 15yrs ago.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:55 PM

been there couple times this week with great fishing with p-rig n minnows, thot i caught a hog, but it was only a fender off a kids tricycle, goldeye were hittin on anything red, wallies biting on chartruse
Old 08-09-2011, 11:37 AM

yard slave I hear you, I thought I had a monster on yesterday, ended up to be a 4 pound sucker, but I snagged him in the tail. He was thrashing around so badly I thought I had forsure caught my first sturgeon.

best place in edmonton city limits to catch a quantity of fish.

I tryed still fishing a bit here but the weeds are pretty bad, I prefer jigs because I get more walleye&pike then suckers. Not to say that suckers arn't fun, I just get a little squimish with the ones that look like they've been living in a storm drain...

" There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process. ~Paul O'Neil, 1965 "