Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-19-2016, 11:09 PM

Default AB Fish and Game Association should be ashamed

They've been quoted in numerous articles as saying that since it's not a popular form of hunting, they'll support a ban on spear hunting. Way to stick up for someone making a cleaner kill than a lot of guys do with a rifle.

And that logic sucks. What happens when they go after muzzle loaders? Or bows?

Ashamed of AB Fish and Game Association, and with this government.
Old 08-20-2016, 01:21 AM

Fully agree. Not much of a voice for albertan hunters are they.
Old 08-20-2016, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300magman View Post
Be pretty tough to come out publicly and defend spear hunting, after what this idiot did.

Grizz
Old 08-20-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Be pretty tough to come out publicly and defend spear hunting, after what this idiot did.

Grizz
killed an animal quickly, efficiently, and with a legal weapon??? just because you couldn't do it, doesn't mean he shouldn't.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulecrazy View Post
killed an animal quickly, efficiently, and with a legal weapon??? just because you couldn't do it, doesn't mean he shouldn't.
Couldn't agree more. If hunter's don't stick together on this one it'll be one form of hunting after another.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lead chucker View Post
Couldn't agree more. If hunter's don't stick together on this one it'll be one form of hunting after another.
I agree 100%. I have zero interest in handguns, military or black special ops rifles or spear hunting but I will defend anyone who does. Once they start banning they do not stop. One only needs to look to Australia to understand this.
Old 08-20-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Killing an animal is one thing, making a Reality tv show about it is quite another.

Grizz
Old 08-20-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Killing an animal is one thing, making a Reality tv show about it is quite another.

Grizz

so are you against all hunting shows or just ones you haven't consulted you for formatting approval?
Old 08-20-2016, 12:15 PM

The spear mounted gopro killing strike slow motion 3 times in a row set to rockmusic followed by flexing and hooting and hollaring is the reason people find this video disrespectful. The rest of the hunt was the same as anything else. The shock value gopro and jockish attitude are why there is a kneejerk reaction. People need to stop searching for youtube fame and think before how they post a video to represent the hunting lifestyle. Josh bowmar looks obnoxious and disrespectful. Edit that out
Old 08-20-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
X 1,000,000. I can't understand how hunters are against what this guy did. Ya he Could have toned down the celebration, but so could a lot of athletes after they score. At the end of the day, if some guy shot a bear with a rifle and jumped around like an idiot, would all the people who are ok with Agfa's stance on spear hunting be ok if they took the same stance on rifle hunting? The premise is absolutely no different.

Last edited by 300magman; 08-20-2016 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:27 AM

I have already told them I will not be renewing my membership and friends and family will be doing the same.

I can see the future already. Next time it will be a bow hunter that shoots an animal at last light. Gets excited on film after the shot, decides to wait till morning. Finds the animal in the morning dead, gets excited, a little bit of guts showing. Post the video on line.

Anti's froth at the mouth and claim every worst possible scenario, left for dead, suffered for 20hrs, there are better weapons to use Ect.

Next up, muzzleloader's.
Old 08-20-2016, 08:37 AM
Banned

From what we can see on the videos, is spear hunting any different than bow hunting? This is my first year bow hunting, hence I am asking the question out of curiosity. I am assuming the hunter knows what they are doing and is competent with a spear, like what we saw on the video..
Old 08-20-2016, 08:46 AM

Thanks for this info. No more dollars from my family.
Old 08-20-2016, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300magman View Post
While they do good on a lot of fronts, I have never felt they would go toe to toe in what I have seen with their actions to combat the anti's.

I keep thinking we need a new "voice" that can show some numbers and voting power to the govt of the day. These guys seem to be too top heavy and don't want to ruffle feathers Imo. Can their be a new voice for outdoor's people when we cant even agree on legal issues in our own group?

Ab F&G should be right in the press's face at every opportunity saying legal hunt, legal method of hunting. Explain it out, admit the medium may not have been right but it don't take away that this hunt was legal in all aspects, not just jump on the ban wagon.