Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-12-2016, 05:08 AM

Right? They'd be so choked and either fight ya or move along
Old 02-12-2016, 05:30 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Lucky your too old for that BS, they will run into a fella and his buddies sooner or later that will lay a lickin on em, put all there gear down the hole then ask them to leave nicely after that...karma is wonderful!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-12-2016, 05:31 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vital shok View Post
Good on you for staying calm my patients are running really low with people's manners these days.I cant believe that people pretend to be so stupid and don't understand common sense.
They are not pretending

Mom and dad were brother and sister and they came down from the hills

Usually they hunt and gather at Walmart too

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-12-2016, 03:09 PM

Same thing happened to me on a remote lake I go to for burbot. One younger individual came ripping across the ice going about 60, pulled up right beside me and my buddies and proceeded to set up his tent over our holes that we had used earlier... not 5 feet from our current location. Just about lost it on him, considered taking his tent pegs out so the wind would blow him away.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:17 PM

Never had the problem ice fishing...but came back to our hunting camp one time to find 7 guys and a big wall tent about 20 feet from my camper. ;-) and this wasn't in a provincial site.....there were lots of spots within 1/2 mile....but they set up right next to us. We weren't very nice to them....and they kind of behaved so we didn't have a real good reason to chase them off. BUT if we would have heard any loud music..especially Bieber pop or Rap...we would have physically moved camp for them. In the end we softened up a bit, they were big city boys.
Old 02-13-2016, 12:24 PM

Default Situation

We had a incident at Slave there were shacks set up along the 40 ft break so we proceeded to the last shack to the east and started fishing about 30 ft from the shack to still take advantage of the drop off. Long story short no one out there until an hr b4 we were about to leave a Side x side with tracks came out a woman and a child who proceeded cleaning the shacks obviously rental shacks getting them ready for clients, about 20 min later we see a pick up coming from shore at a high rate of speed. He jumps out of the truck and proceeds to call us Fxxxin *******s that have to fish right beside his shack told him we were simply taking advantage of the drop off before it raised up again he proceeded two more times to call us the same names and said we have the whole lake to fxxxin fish we don't have to drill holes beside his shack. Trust me if I didn't just tear my shoulder out a week ago he would have been sleeping on the ice. He then proceeded to bring a big gen set out place it on the closest corner of the ice to his shack and start it up. Grow up moron you don't own the lake and its really not great representation of your shack rental company. This was straight out from Canyon Creek so anyone interested in renting a shack I would rent from anyone but them, maybe he will learn from it.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:21 AM

Default Unwanted fishing partners

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLER View Post
Was on the ice this morn. drilled 8 holes all within my 30 meter radius I like to fish.

After a few hrs. along comes a truck with some eastern European speaking people who proceed to set up within 15-20 feet of me and start to use holes that I had drilled. not a word was said just started to set up and tried to put into one hole not 3 ft. away from where I was sitting. That got me having a few words about drilling their own holes and maybe move off a bit.

We were here yesterday was all they said.

Too old to screw with jerks so I packed up and moved several hundred meters and what do you know a different group comes along and want to fish in this spot to.

Told them I had been there 3 hrs with no bites but the guys a few hundred meters away seemed to be catching. Off to there they go. lol

Too much bs for me to have to deal with.
I have downloaded a specific playlist on my phone for just this occasion, works
very well with the older pushy fishing crowd, get to close and you cant help but
listen to extremely loud, annoying, angry music.
Personally I cant stand the tunes, but hell it only takes about 6 minutes and you can turn it down and fish by yourself again.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:39 PM

Spray paint a boarder around your group of holes, make and erect signage indicating that these are contaminated test holes for research and study.