Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-05-2012, 12:40 PM

Default 3-5 Backpacking Fishing Trip Suggestions

Wondering if anyone has some good suggestions on where to head for a 3-5 day backpacking fishing trip in Alberta/BC.

I am familiar with plenty of trails around Jasper, Banff, Nordegg some in K-country. I have lots of hiking experience. Would consider almost anything in Alberta or eastern BC, mountains and great views are a plus. If in the parks I will pick up a parks fishing license. I was considering the Brazeau lake loop, anyone know what the fishing is like in Brazeau Lake (not the reservoir).
Old 07-05-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeNomad View Post
Wondering if anyone has some good suggestions on where to head for a 3-5 day backpacking fishing trip in Alberta/BC.

I am familiar with plenty of trails around Jasper, Banff, Nordegg some in K-country. I have lots of hiking experience. Would consider almost anything in Alberta or eastern BC, mountains and great views are a plus. If in the parks I will pick up a parks fishing license. I was considering the Brazeau lake loop, anyone know what the fishing is like in Brazeau Lake (not the reservoir).
Trey going northwest of Hinton, that way you have a chance of some grayling as well, and very remote up there so you may get into some great fly fishing streams.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGSH View Post
Trey going northwest of Hinton, that way you have a chance of some grayling as well, and very remote up there so you may get into some great fly fishing streams.
Hmm not to familiar with Hinton area, any particular lakes/streams/trails you could recommend (maybe by PM if you want to keep them on the down low)?

Unfortunately I haven't a clue about fly fishing, hopefully I can do okay with my spin reel.