Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-07-2016, 01:15 PM

Default Lund Downrigger Install

Just wondering how guys have their downriggers installed. I've got a 1875 Crossover. I've already got new Scotty's electrics and am just looking at options on where to install. The boat does have the Lund Sport Trac , however it just doesn't seem strong enough to run 10-12lbs balls.
Pics would be great.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:01 PM

Not a lund but this is how I did up my crestliner using the seat post and a Scotty rod holder. I've since bought a power scotty downrigger and re-mounted. If you have any questions just PM me.
http://imgur.com/rthj1dk
http://imgur.com/6I7UmPf

Last edited by sanjuanworm; 03-07-2016 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:53 PM

Default Down riggers

I have a ranger and I mounted down riggers using an extension and bracing aluminium plate under the extension to stiffen the base. I have the canon electrics and you can buy the extensions or if you don't need extensions the bases are also available. Nothing is free though, I also did the installation and wiring. Depends on the model but you need to know how to wire properly so your isolator on the line will automatically stop the ball at water level. It's a great feature.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:54 PM

I googled crossover 1875 downriggers and found this.

Old 03-07-2016, 07:00 PM

The sport trac bracketsfor the tyee are a joke I built a plate and put 2 brackets together and put one electric Scotty on it and still thought it was gonna tear it right off . I'm just gonna mount the bases right on the gunnel I guess .
Old 03-07-2016, 07:46 PM

I have a 1725 rebel XL and I am using the sport trak to mount my downriggers. There's nothing fancy about what I do, but I wanted my to be both completely removable and also able to slide where I want them. The mount I have is the same as shown in the attached pic (not of my actual mount) and it takes only a couple minutes to mount them both. Pretty sure I ordered mine in from Alberta Marine in Nanton.

Pros - east to mount, can move wherever, completely removable when not in use

Cons - limited to using a 36" arm and 10lb ball (for my boat at least, I would double check your owners manual).

I run the Scotty 1085 with a 30" arm. It's manual.

If you want a more permanent setup or something with heavier balls or longer boom you should look at a pedestal mount.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (47.3 KB, 56 views)
Old 03-07-2016, 08:17 PM

Your crossover should have a straight sport trac. It's not angled on the cross overs so the angled bracket quick release type won't work. Also they are only good up to a 24" boom. Lund does offer a downrigger mount for your boat that slips in the sport trac rail on the inside, straddles the gunwale and screws into the protrak on the side of the boat where the snaps are screwed into.

Also as another option you can always check out Berts tackle set up i googled a pic of it. This guys set up is crazy but you can get a slider that is 6" and the downrigger mount only. kingsmalleyes post shows a good pic of it. The Fishinhole, and cabelas sell it.

http://www.walleyecentral.com/forums....php?p=1752969

Last edited by Yankeejane; 03-07-2016 at 08:41 PM.