Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-28-2009, 08:39 PM

Default Rainer Lake???

Looking for any info on Rainer Lake on the south side of Lake Newell??? Just wondering what condition the boat launch is in, looking to get my boat in before the season to make sure everything working.

I also noticed this lake is not in the Regulations...does that mean its open all year.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:56 PM
Gone Hunting

Hmmm, I dont expect you will find it in the regs, cause there is no lake in this part of the country by that name. If you are looking for a lake south of Newell, you also will be looking for a while. Im guessing you are talking about Rolling Hills Reservoir on the south east side of Newell? If thats the case, the launch is nearly brand new, the county built it, fantastic facility. The lake has over night turned into a gong show with sea-doo's and water skiers, but there is some fairly descent fishing to be enjoyed there. If Im right, try the regs with that name, shouldnt be a problem.

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 04-29-2009, 11:58 AM

its the lake just a few hundred yards south of Newell...its got a very new campground and a very nice boat launch...
Thanks for the clairification...not sure why I thought it was called Rainer.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:11 PM

theres a road sign there pointing to the town of Rainier, probably what you saw some big pike and walleye in RHR, unfortunately cant keep the eyes, but fun to catch anyways.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich