Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 08:38 AM
Gone Hunting

Glad they renewed the contract. The RCMP have served Alberta well.
One police force is more efficient then two three or more. Co-operation becomes an issue.

Right now the force has issues, but it is still the best force in the world in my opinion.

Nothing against the Sheriffs department, those in that force that I know are top people in their own right. But they don't have the training or the infrastructure to do the job the way the RCMP can and do.

It seems to me we are better served by working to improve what we already have then to try to start over with a different group.

And on that note, improvement starts with me and you. It does little good to have the best police force in the world if WE keep them busy handing out speeding tickets and/or if we don't support their efforts 100%.

Call them to account when they miss the mark, but back them 100% when they are on the right track.

Remember, this is OUR POLICE FORCE. We pay for them, they serve US.

It makes no sense to hire a man or woman and then make his or her job difficult, now does it.
That applies to a Police officer as much as it does to a Plumber.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex811 View Post
RCMP Dress Code was changed in the 80's to allow turbans. The way I remember it, the fellow who initated the change was only a Member long enough to usher in the change, then left the Force. Probably planted by his community to change our culture to reflect their own...
Around the same time the Military was having a similar situation. Dress code's were changed/altered to accomodate the new turban (in English and French). The candidate in this particular case was in the Artillery...one or two 105's blasten off around him and OFF comes the turban, ON goes the ear defenders and helmet.
As for the RCMP here in AB, I say bring on the Sheriff's. You'll get AB guys and gals who want to be here and understand AB and Albertans.
What's your problem against Turbans and RCMP?

Staff Sergeant Baltej Singh Dhillon is the man that fought for and granted permission for Sikhs to wear their turban in RCMP orders of dress. The military allowed it to promote diversity that is the fabric of Canada.

Staff Sgt. Dhillon is my father-in-law but also an excellent officer that has made breakthroughs. He is the head of the BC RCMP Provincial Intelligence Centre which is comprised of RCMP, CSIS, municipal police members and civilian staff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltej_Singh_Dhillon
Old 10-04-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCoelis View Post
What's your problem against Turbans and RCMP?

Staff Sergeant Baltej Singh Dhillon is the man that fought for and granted permission for Sikhs to wear their turban in RCMP orders of dress. The military allowed it to promote diversity that is the fabric of Canada.

Staff Sgt. Dhillon is my father-in-law but also an excellent officer that has made breakthroughs. He is the head of the BC RCMP Provincial Intelligence Centre which is comprised of RCMP, CSIS, municipal police members and civilian staff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltej_Singh_Dhillon
First post thread-necrophilia, nice.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey View Post
First post thread-necrophilia, nice.
LOL....X2....when was the last time the guy being quoted was on the site?

hmmmmm someone digging up an old thread just to create waves perhaps?

LC
Old 10-04-2012, 05:19 PM

Wow

I guess "quick" isnt an adjective often associated to you, is it?

Dead thread Fred