Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-15-2008, 02:20 PM

Talking QuickSpin ST

Anyone have any feedback on the Quick Spin ST Speed hunter vanes???? I have expandibles for when I hunt deer. Advertised to increase arrow spin by 300%.

Thanks in advance
Old 12-15-2008, 02:42 PM

I've been using NAP quickspins for 3 years. Perform very well. I shoot fixed blade broadheads out to 60 yards with them - groups at 60 yards are about 10-12 inches (pie plate). They are not Speed Hunters, but are still supposed to increase my arrow spin by 300%. I won't use anything else myself.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:13 PM

Default qwik spins

noise noise noise noise is all i can say. they do add spin but if you stand down target of the shooter you can hear them coming. as far as better groups you while see a bit of a diffrence after 40 yards but most dont shoot to kill after that yardage for animals. i shoot a pse at 60 pounds and maxima 350 arrows at 286 fps. just my 2 cents so have a merry xmas.

desiel
Old 12-15-2008, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiel View Post
noise noise noise noise is all i can say. they do add spin but if you stand down target of the shooter you can hear them coming. as far as better groups you while see a bit of a diffrence after 40 yards but most dont shoot to kill after that yardage for animals. i shoot a pse at 60 pounds and maxima 350 arrows at 286 fps. just my 2 cents so have a merry xmas.

desiel

No matter what vanes you use.... standing down target of the shooter you will hear the arrow coming....... the level of noise will differ though.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:29 AM

I used them a little bit, but the didn't work so well with a whisker biscuit rest, so I switched to blazers. With a drop away they would be pretty deadly, but I think they lose speed quickly, and can be a bit noisy.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Trav View Post
I used them a little bit, but the didn't work so well with a whisker biscuit rest, so I switched to blazers. With a drop away they would be pretty deadly, but I think they lose speed quickly, and can be a bit noisy.
You will find the same with Blazers.They are extremely noisy, I wouldn't shoot them if I was paid to!Absolute garbage for hunting.