Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-21-2008, 12:44 PM

Default Cow elk ?

Just had a question about the cow elk tags. In 510 cow elk is on a draw for rifle season but can you buy a archery only tag for that area or do you have to have the draw. I have read the regs many times but i still wonder about this. Just some clarification would be great as it has been the topic of many debates with my dad.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:49 PM

Buy a general elk tag and during the archery season in most zones you can huntfor a cow elk or 3point and better or 6 point and better bull depending on which wmu.

In wmu 510 you can hunt cow elk with bow from sept3 to oct31 with bow
Old 12-21-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munyee4321 View Post
Buy a general elk tag and during the archery season in most zones you can huntfor a cow elk or 3point and better or 6 point and better bull depending on which wmu.

In wmu 510 you can hunt cow elk with bow from sept3 to oct31 with bow
So just to get this straight i should be able to buy a general elk tag and use it for cow elk or 3pt and larger bull elk in that wmu. Theoretically i should be able to use that same general tag for bull elk in that wmu for rifle season granted i wasnt successfull during the archery season because it isnt on draw right. And thanks in advance for the help
Old 12-21-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm206 View Post
So just to get this straight i should be able to buy a general elk tag and use it for cow elk or 3pt and larger bull elk in that wmu. Theoretically i should be able to use that same general tag for bull elk in that wmu for rifle season granted i wasnt successfull during the archery season because it isnt on draw right. And thanks in advance for the help
Yup you can continue to use the general tag for 3point or better bull during the general season