Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-02-2008, 12:38 PM

Default new model Swarovski

Anyone out there have any hands-on experience with the new multiple range zero and preset? Interested in the consistency and return to zero after switching betwen range settings.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:04 PM

If you're referring to the scopes with the Ballistic Turret, I have two coming, a 4-12 and a 6-18. They've been sitting for 6-7 weeks waiting for an export permit so they can be shipped from the states to canada. I believe this system to be superior to the 'click' method whereby the shooter counts the clicks in order to obtain zero for any given distance or the 'hash mark' method whereby the shooter employs a multiple set of crosshairs. The Swaro BT has three colored markers set at known ranges which is quicker than counting clicks plus the markers are precisely set for any yardage previously selected by the shooter. My intent is to zero at 200 yds, my first marker to be set at 300, the second at 350 and the third at 400. I'd be happy to report my experince to those interested. Swarovski has an excellent portrayal of the ease of this system on their website.

Bobby B.

Old 09-02-2008, 07:06 PM

It is the BT that piques my interest. Haven't heard much about it from shooters, only the advertising claims.