Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 12-18-2008, 11:43 AM
ogopogoman

Default Fob's

Well as you all know ,I'm a new to this forum.
I was using 2" Blazers and switched to FOB's this year.
I have a freind that's been using them for 2 seasons and I gave them a try.
Anyone here use them?

I have to say, that they are very impressive....especially in high wind conditions!!
Used them for the Moose hunt in Ontario, and shot an easy 500 arrows into targets and 3D prior, and man,,,,I like them alot!
Easy to use and man, talk about long range grouping! I was grouping 2 1/2" at 60 yards on video, and it was windy as hell!
They just pop off when your arrow penetrates, and gives you an extra starting point to start tracking.
I was VERY sceptical at first, as is my nature...lol...but I like them and will use them next year as well.
Any opinion on FOB's ?...Pro or Con...no matter...

Last edited by ogopogoman; 12-20-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:39 PM

I'm curious, can you post a link or something.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogopogoman View Post
Well as you all know ,I'm a new to this forum.
I was using 2" Blazers and switched to FOB's this year.
I have a freind that's been using them for 2 seasons and I gave them a try.
Anyone here use them?

I have to say, that they are very impressive....especially in high wind conditions!!
Used them for the Moose hunt in Ontario, and shot an easy 500 arrows into targets and 3D prior, and man,,,,I like them alot!
Easy to use and man, talk about long range grouping! I was grouping 2 1/2" at 60 yards on video, and it was windy as hell!
They just pop off when your arrow penetrates, and gives you an extra starting point to start tracking.
I was VERY sceptical at first, as is my nature...lol...but I like them and will use them next year as well.
Any opinion on FOB's ?...Pro or Con...no matter...
Well since I'm getting a new batch of arrows, I might try those. Do they work on all drop away rests? I have an Alpine drop away rest.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:00 PM
ogopogoman

Yeah, all drop aways should work as far as I know. My buddy had an alpine on his APA Python and it was fine. I'm shooting a QAD and it's awesome...just remember that if there is any contact, you may have to change out the prong if your using a QAD...they come with 2 different prongs anyway..
here's a link to the site..

http://www.starrflight.com/
Old 12-19-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
I have to say, that they are very impressive....especially in high wind conditions!
Define "High wind conditions" the value seem to vary from the south to the north in this province
Old 12-20-2008, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRackLover View Post
Well since I'm getting a new batch of arrows, I might try those. Do they work on all drop away rests? I have an Alpine drop away rest.
will not work with an apa safari twister rest
Old 12-20-2008, 10:28 AM
ogopogoman

No, the APA Twister won't work, it isn't really a drop away per sey...I already talked to Al about those a few years ago...lol..
I'm friends with Al (APA owner) and his whole family, his youngest brother is one of my closest pals.
APA has awesome bows if none of you have tried them...and NO hand shock what-so-ever.
Anyway...lol...you should be fine with the Alpine...but not a twist away like the APA Twister Safari...although that rest is an awesome rest, it won't work with Fob's.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:45 PM

Do you know of any suppliers in the Edmonton area or do you have to order off the website?
Old 12-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Banned

I tried them on my Spott Hogg Whammy, seemed to work well. However didn't like how the Fob touch my face when I tried to use same anchor point as with vanes. Didn't try and move anchor point, just went back to the old Blazers. Fobs seemed noisier than the Blazers aswell. Just my opinion.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:07 AM

Quote:
No, the APA Twister won't work, it isn't really a drop away per sey...I already talked to Al about those a few years ago...lol..
I'm friends with Al (APA owner) and his whole family, his youngest brother is one of my closest pals.
APA has awesome bows if none of you have tried them...and NO hand shock what-so-ever.
Anyway...lol...you should be fine with the Alpine...but not a twist away like the APA Twister Safari...although that rest is an awesome rest, it won't work with Fob's.
I know the family pretty well also and myself and my brother are both pro staff for the company

Cannot wait to get my new bow for this year
Old 12-22-2008, 03:28 PM
ogopogoman

NO WAY!
I sent ya a PM dude...small world!
not sure who carries FOB's here, but I'll look into it,,there about 20 bucks per tube of 12.