Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-19-2018, 10:33 AM

Default Thieves in town late last night, early this morning

Thieves were in town again last night, stole some reddi heaters from PVFS and a generator out of the back of a truck, that we know of. Dark blue ford, hoping for pics and video. LOCK IT OR LOSE IT.

We really need to be able to use claymores.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-19-2018, 04:05 PM

Bring back the Willow Switch!

I despise thieves.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:08 PM

These types of thefts make me think they're stolen for a purpose beyond just to resell on black market for drug money.

Reddi heaters? A generator? I get that a guy could get a few hundred bucks for those somewhere but that to me sounds like they're equipping some sort of operation. I'd say marijuana grow-op but no idea if people are still doing those with weed being legal and penalties on illegal grow-ops being higher. Maybe for use in a bush meth lab or something.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:10 PM

Lots of drama in that town of yours I tell ya. I'd be calling a realtor.

Last edited by sns2; 12-19-2018 at 05:20 PM.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
These types of thefts make me think they're stolen for a purpose beyond just to resell on black market for drug money.

Reddi heaters? A generator? I get that a guy could get a few hundred bucks for those somewhere but that to me sounds like they're equipping some sort of operation. I'd say marijuana grow-op but no idea if people are still doing those with weed being legal and penalties on illegal grow-ops being higher. Maybe for use in a bush meth lab or something.
The truck they were in was stolen, the reddi heaters were outside a garage because they were broken unrepairable, the only good part about the whole deal. The bastards took up room in the truck and didn't steal from others maybe. The generator was brand new, which was sad for the old guy, no insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Lots of drama in that town of yours I tell ya. I'd be calling a realtor.
A theft every few months or more is lots of drama and I am supposed to tuck tail and run to the city? Hard pass, but no. If you consider that lots of drama you live a sheltered life, I am so jealous.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-19-2018, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
The truck they were in was stolen, the reddi heaters were outside a garage because they were broken unrepairable, the only good part about the whole deal. The bastards took up room in the truck and didn't steal from others maybe. The generator was brand new, which was sad for the old guy, no insurance.

A theft every few months or more is lots of drama and I am supposed to tuck tail and run to the city? Hard pass, but no. If you consider that lots of drama you live a sheltered life, I am so jealous.
You seem to report on a heckuva pile of crime. Just an observation.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:40 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
It's the same in every small town, the last time our grocery store got broken into the cops were called at 0515, fifteen minutes after the owner got the alarm. He was told no police were available until 0800.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:42 PM

70,000 members and you remember my threads, wow I am honored. Thank you.

Old 12-19-2018, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
It's the same in every small town, the last time our grocery store got broken into the cops were called at 0515, fifteen minutes after the owner got the alarm. He was told no police were available until 0800.
Exactly.
When something happens in a town of 80 houses we hear about it. In a city where nobody knows anyone nobody gives a damn. I get that. Here as you know and understand Hal, we try to look after our neighbors.

Old 12-19-2018, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Exactly.
When something happens in a town of 80 houses we hear about it. In a city where nobody knows anyone nobody gives a damn. I get that. Here as you know and understand Hal, we try to look after our neighbors.
Whoa Ken, don't lump all us city folk in one basket. In my neighbourhood
Me and the neighbours have each other's back. When someone is away there is always someone watching or letting the others know what is or was going on. We just don't advertise it as much as others on here is all. Tough break for the old feller, hope he gets it back.
WDF
Old 12-19-2018, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Exactly... see what you are laying down as a mod....LOL....

Sorry, but some things do not need to posted on here...
Old 12-19-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Thieves were in town again last night, stole some reddi heaters from PVFS and a generator out of the back of a truck, that we know of. Dark blue ford, hoping for pics and video. LOCK IT OR LOSE IT.

Vermilion got hit too
they stole a pile of tools off of a construction site at CPS where a new fertilizer building is being built,

Pin
Old 12-19-2018, 08:43 PM

Default just me thinking out loud

Quote:

maybe they got there layoff notice early and can't afford it in the new year
either way not good.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:49 PM
Banned

I hope the old guy gets his Gen back. I know I’ll be doing hard time when I’m not around and get jipped. So I put a certain thing in a certain place that does a certain thing. What’s the big deal?
For a bit there I was sure you had all the powers of Bruce almighty Ken lol. Entertaining and always a laugh none the less.
Merry Christmas 🎄
Old 12-19-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:

Not much else doing in a small town since the furor died down over Mabels new macrame project and Bill ran over that gopher by the post office.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
Not much else doing in a small town since the furor died down over Mabels new macrame project and Bill ran over that gopher by the post office.
Old 12-19-2018, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Exactly.
I live outside Winnipeg and ever night some one gets tagged,the other night they stole my gas cans and my jack all,then for a joke they let the air out of the 2 back tires,that ****ed me off.All they would have had to do was knock on the door and I would have given them the dam gas.I will help anyone if they ask for help or stuck.

My wife has a new harley and 3 times they almost tore the garage door down,i got cameras outside ,but they cover there heads so lord knows who it is and always when were away.
Within a ten mile radius at least ten per night and they take anything.When i moved there no one was around now there's 8 condo's right across the street with 16 apartments in each one,it's like a Rat convention .My house is brand new,2 years old so ditch it and find quite place.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
70,000 members and you remember my threads, wow I am honored. Thank you.
You have a lot of stories. Id place you in the same boat as glossz except your focus is on crime where gloss makes up some crazy hypotheticals. For example i remember your sons hospitilzation from a robbery to swat teams outside of your house where you offered to shoot the bad guy to the cop... Id say you have a crime story a month where you are typically involved and another story or two a month about your town.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:47 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Tuff area you live in, fires, thieves, vandals.....time to relocate or take back the streets....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-20-2018, 06:12 AM

Just don’t mention the name of the town.... or was that the neighboring town? I can’t keep the incidents straight out that way. Their is just far too many of them.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
You have a lot of stories. Id place you in the same boat as glossz except your focus is on crime where gloss makes up some crazy hypotheticals. For example i remember your sons hospitilzation from a robbery to swat teams outside of your house where you offered to shoot the bad guy to the cop... Id say you have a crime story a month where you are typically involved and another story or two a month about your town.
Meh, so he has a more interesting life than some of us, including me.

But he's a good man to have as a friend.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:39 PM
Banned

Old 12-20-2018, 03:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendero View Post
Just don’t mention the name of the town.... or was that the neighboring town? I can’t keep the incidents straight out that way. Their is just far too many of them.
Where did it happen?
Old 12-20-2018, 03:26 PM

Thumbs up This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post

never met him but I know if I asked for his help and he could. He would just by the nature of his posts.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post

Thank you, and Merry Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FQ2 View Post
Nice guy, way smaller than I would have thought. I met him in Hawaii. His office manager, also Dwayne offered me a job working for them in 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmitchell View Post
never met him but I know if I asked for his help and he could. He would just by the nature of his posts.
Thank you. Merry Christmas to you, Sir.

Old 12-20-2018, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
If they offend you so much I will never put up another one. I just hate melting snowflakes. There was no SWAT team, and I don't make it up. Again, please accept my deepest apologies for offending your frail sensitivities.

Old 12-20-2018, 03:49 PM

Yeah there was probably some thefts here in Sherwood Park last night. Meh...
Old 12-20-2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
If they offend you so much I will never put up another one. I just hate melting snowflakes. There was no SWAT team, and I don't make it up. Again, please accept my deepest apologies for offending your frail sensitivities.

I might drink and smoke a little too much for your tastes Ken but appreciate your posts. I'm somewhat of a curmudgeon myself and agree with most of what you post. Not into snowflakes at all! I think we'd get along just fine.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:41 PM

Quote:

Please don't make me pay for others flat out dumb remarks Ken !!

Quote:
Thank you, and Merry Christmas!

--

Nice guy, way smaller than I would have thought. I met him in Hawaii. His office manager, also Dwayne offered me a job working for them in 2011.
^^ And this is why I so enjoy Ken's posts!
His stories are X-mas awesome to me!
(they are awesome because what he says is always concrete 101% Truth.)
Old 12-20-2018, 05:50 PM

I like Ken. He's a good guy, and obviously a great member of his community. I know he has a generous streak a mile wide, and I'm baffled with those who want to tear him down. Shame.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone