Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-18-2008, 10:45 AM

Default A little RANT

You guys ever try to trade a vehicle? What a joke, on one hand they are telling me that my truck is worth this much and on thier lot they have the same truck for 5 grand more. I realize they need to make a profit but if I'm paying retail for your truck give me retail on mine. Pi$$ed me off, so now my truck is on the buy and sell, don't forget to have a look.
Thank you I feel better.
LB
Old 07-18-2008, 11:00 AM
stubblejumper

Quote:
You guys ever try to trade a vehicle? What a joke, on one hand they are telling me that my truck is worth this much and on thier lot they have the same truck for 5 grand more. I realize they need to make a profit but if I'm paying retail for your truck give me retail on mine.
Unfortunately that is how the system works.They get your truck,add $5000 to the price,and someone bargains them down $2000 or so,leaving them $3000 or so profit.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:37 AM

You would think that they would give you a bit more for your trade in, because they will make the diffrence on the new vehicle purchase?? and still make a bit on your old vehicle. It boils down to greed.

I sold my old truck privatly and then bought my new truck, the only thing I dislike about doing it that way is the tire kickers.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:47 PM

When you trade in a vehicle, you are negotiating on the balance between the 2 vehicles. Decide what you want for your old truck, and what you want to pay for the new one, and make an offer.