Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 04:45 PM

beauty fish. Id have gotten that one mounted myself! probably near the end of its lifespan anyways

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 01-29-2013, 05:02 PM

A laker that big, that old... He came from deep.... Waaaay deep.... I'm not sold that he would have made it had he been released. By the time he hits the surface, the pressure change has all but ended it for him. You want to make fish grow big? Release the guys who aren't heavyweight champs yet and let them grow.

Bottom line is, fantastic fish... To be lucky enough to snag him and surface him... You can do what you like. He's mount worth for sure. I personally would take the picture rather than the mount and have myself a king's meal (or 8).
Old 01-29-2013, 05:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_W View Post
Nice laker no doubt its unfourtunate that in Alberta to prevent people from keeping such a specimen they would need to have a slot limit.
I honestly belive in slot limits and there is pleanty of proof of there success in Sask all the way east.

Smaller fish are are plain and simple much better eating and have much less of an impact on the population of a lake.
I don't like C&R only fisheries as we have all seen what this did to Pigeon lake Skinny Walleye 5 pounders that should be 8 pounders, next to no pike and perch ect.

There is no reason to keep a 8lb Walleye or a 15 lb Pike or a 15 lb Laker all those fish are too big to eat in a single sitting and really you ego feels good for the 4 hours that fish lays on the ice next to you but once its home and filleted and there is nothing left to brag about.
Personally taking a quick pic and sending it back is a much better option that personally makes my ego feel much better and keeping a couple smaller fish for the pan still lets me enjoy my favorite fish.

Congrats to this angler on a great fish he has done nothing outside of what our regulations let him but IMO this thread would have been much better if the picture was taken and fish was returned.
Quite obviously you do not understand slot limits. He would have been able to keep it as it would be in the upper slot. We have slots here and I feel they work. You can keep small eaters and if you catch that once in a lifetime wall hanger hes good to go to.

Congrats on the awsome fish. I would keep him all day long. The rest of you are just jelous.
Closed Thread