Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-15-2008, 01:59 PM

Default Slave Lake Campgrounds/Parks Recommendation

Looking for Slave Lake Campgrounds/Parks recommendations. Have never been there...Would appreciate your camping experiences in that area.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:06 PM

We've had seasonal sites 2 years now. Last year at Cattail Cabins just outside Joussard. Nice place, has it's own launch. No beach at the campground and the playground is just ok. We're at Big Fish Bay in Slave Lake this year. There is a beach (ungroomed) and a playground. No launch at the campsite. (2 launches in town) Tim Horton's is five minutes from my trailer door though! Lots of others all the way along the south shore. Depending which way you are coming, I've heard the Shaw's Point is good. Lots of sites, good beach, store and a couple of launches. It's just too far a hike for a seasonal site for us with 2 young kids and the price of gas.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:13 PM

Default Campgrounds

I have camped at Norm's Walleye Camp on the SE end just north of the town of Slave Lake. Very well kept and clean. The Slave river flows beside it and possesses a boat launch. Reel Inn located at Faust. Boat launch--2 in town. Very nice people run the place. Restaurant and fishing store. Good facility. Shaw's point is just like the other fella said. About and hour from Slave Lake. BEL
Old 07-16-2008, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehntr View Post
Looking for Slave Lake Campgrounds/Parks recommendations. Have never been there...Would appreciate your camping experiences in that area.

Phone Martin River campground,they are located 20 min north of Slave Lake.There is fishing close,you are right on the lake,lots of hiking,bird observatories,trout fishing,wildlife shows for the kids etc etc.The park is really nice as well.Phone in advance though as they are booked every weekend....Or there is roland on the river and Norms walleye camp which are couple min north of town located at the mouth of the river.

If you are u here i should look you up,I am selling a champion mustang bow you might be interested in.....$500,00 obo