Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-21-2015, 07:24 PM

why isnt there a profiling accusation they must have known he was some kind of foreigner
Old 02-21-2015, 07:41 PM

Be interesting when the appeal happens.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Some people want to go into the details of what occurred at the airport, some even want to drag other unrelated incidents into the discussion, but the simple fact is that the officer was on trial for committing perjury during the inquiry following the incident. He wasn't on trial for his participation during the actual incident that occurred at the airport, so the events of that incident are irrelevant to this topic.
Simple as this . Nothing to do with the other
Old 02-21-2015, 09:25 PM

Thumbs down

I think the days of earning a position with ANY police service based on YOUR individual merits, must return. I really think the quality of police officers has and will continue to suffer where external factors are taken into account in the hiring equation. Too often these days, the bar is lowered for PC considerations.

I do not believe that most of the negative events surrounding police would happen "in the old days" because the old, monolithic, militaristic, police culture would not stand for it.

Read into this comment what you will, I believe it to be fundamentally true.

-Willy
Old 02-21-2015, 09:29 PM

The incident that took place and the events prior to and including after are what is being questioned by the Prosecution. As they laid the foundation for the actual charges of Perjury.

The Officers recollection of what happened is just that, how he remembered it.
Then the video evidence came out showing how it actually went down. The Officer recanted his statement and they called him a liar. His story is not that much different then the video from what I have read and watched. Maybe I am reading the wrong articles. In the confusion of what is going on you memory is not always 100%

To solve this problem in the future all Officers should be wearing front and rear cameras with voice. They should never attend a scene without a senior Officer and should always have a hot line to interpreters for every language.
Simple and easy.

This is nothing more then a WITCH HUNT to place blame to make people feel satisfied. The events at the airport could have been handled 100 different ways. But they weren't.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:36 PM

Thumbs down

FYI,

I think Monty Robinson was a Corporal and one of the four responders. Monty is a story...

Video was present. Didn't affect the outcome one bit.

-Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctd View Post
The incident that took place and the events prior to and including after are what is being questioned by the Prosecution. As they laid the foundation for the actual charges of Perjury.

The Officers recollection of what happened is just that, how he remembered it.
Then the video evidence came out showing how it actually went down. The Officer recanted his statement and they called him a liar. His story is not that much different then the video from what I have read and watched. Maybe I am reading the wrong articles. In the confusion of what is going on you memory is not always 100%

To solve this problem in the future all Officers should be wearing front and rear cameras with voice. They should never attend a scene without a senior Officer and should always have a hot line to interpreters for every language.
Simple and easy.

This is nothing more then a WITCH HUNT to place blame to make people feel satisfied. The events at the airport could have been handled 100 different ways. But they weren't.