Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-20-2015, 09:00 PM

Default Looking for lease returns 1 ton FORDs P/U

Hello all...

Given the emerging situation in the Alberta Oil Patch, does anyone know of a company, or companies, that are returning lightly used pick-up trucks to the dealers or to auction. I'm looking for two low mileage late model FORD 1 tons, crew cabs, with 4x4. Gas or diesel.

Any leads appreciated.

M
Old 02-20-2015, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Net-Zero View Post
Hello all...

Given the emerging situation in the Alberta Oil Patch, does anyone know of a company, or companies, that are returning lightly used pick-up trucks to the dealers or to auction. I'm looking for two low mileage late model FORD 1 tons, crew cabs, with 4x4. Gas or diesel.

Any leads appreciated.

M
Osman auctions is where a number of companies liquidate their trucks. I'd imagine they should be cycling out older trucks first however.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:28 PM

Haven't seen the trucks in person, but Woodridge Ford in Calgary is showing a number of 2015 crew cab short box rigs that have low mileage on autotrader. The description says they were equipped with truck top campers and rented out. I just picked up a 2013 crew cab long box, but I probably would have picked up one of the Woodridge trucks if I wasn't looking for a long box.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaccan View Post
Haven't seen the trucks in person, but Woodridge Ford in Calgary is showing a number of 2015 crew cab short box rigs that have low mileage on autotrader. The description says they were equipped with truck top campers and rented out. I just picked up a 2013 crew cab long box, but I probably would have picked up one of the Woodridge trucks if I wasn't looking for a long box.
Lots of guys think you have to go to RB Auction or equivalent, but I think the local dealers will always give you a fair price also without the RB 20% commis added on.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:12 PM

You might be able to pick up a new truck for roughly the same price. I have a feeling there will be a few fleet orders cancelled coming up and the dealers will need to liquidate.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:23 PM
Banned

I would strongly advise against Osman Auctions. Check out Adesa instead.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Osman auctions is where a number of companies liquidate their trucks. I'd imagine they should be cycling out older trucks first however.
In the next month or two they should have all the lease returns up. 2015 units are in and leases ending.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.