Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-18-2015, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post
"Saying wind power can only be green if there are no impacts is like saying medicine can only be effective if it has no side effects," Anderson says. "At some point, we need to put the benefits and risks into context."

Haha. I love that quote. It perfectly describes the benefits and costs of oil and gas.

Solar and wind just ain't there yet....getting closer all the time, and maybe some day they will be there. Lots of irons in the fire right now, and someday a new energy souce will outpace oil and gas. Nothing's there yet though.

Everyone can present studies and blah blah blah, but the proof of the proof that is proving the proven is when people put their money where their mouth is. When I see more roof's than not covered in solar panels I'll know we're "there".
Old 02-18-2015, 09:17 PM

There is some serious concerns on a section of track just east of Lundbreck by the over pass. There is a big dip on the track there and some guys I know were drilling a gas pipe casing under the CPR R/W not far from the dip. A train passed over the dip slowly hauling oil cars and the guys on the site said he looked scared.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawfy View Post
Transport Canada or TSB should have information about incidents if they are reported. Maintenance is a big part of the picture. That CTrain track gets maintained well as there are no shareholders to pay at the end of the day.
I am not worried about my Crain derailing. It has happened this year once that I know of.

I am worried about the freight train screaming past fish creek station while I am sitting right beside it on a ctrain or on a platform.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-20-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
We need to know why there are derailments of any one regardless of cargo. They are potentially lethal to people. Who can find out the causes of these derailments and let us know.

I often cringe waiting for the ctrain beside the train tracks. A derailment beside a station could kill hundreds or a thousand.
I am not at liberty to say the cause of this derailment as I'm to close to retirement to risk that, but some food for thought in the following link.

http://www.fyouth.com/news/the-hunte...-dont-tell-you
Old 02-20-2015, 12:58 PM

Default wow

"The Hunter represents the personification of corporate evils. A corporate elite more interested in his individualistic pursuit of power and fame than the business titan to lead a team or an organization to international dominance."

Very descriptive.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter1234 View Post
I am not at liberty to say the cause of this derailment as I'm to close to retirement to risk that, but some food for thought in the following link.

http://www.fyouth.com/news/the-hunte...-dont-tell-you
Nail---- Head = Bingo.

Sundancefisher I too cringe when going by these C-train stations also especially when the train goes into emergency. We have flagging and emergency protection rules to follow but it seems non of the C-train drivers know anything about it as they go whizzing by our flagmen.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:22 PM

So...
Me suspicions ..... Seem accurate.

Ha!
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."