Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-20-2015, 05:14 PM
Banned

I got a reply from two jobs I've posted resumes to yesterday that said they were hiring, both basically said the same thing. Thank you for your resume we are reqruiting people for future reference and hope to be hiring soon. Yeesh!

If anyone would like to talk about things just pm me. It's good to have some support when things like this occur. It hurt to post or start this thread but looks like it was a positive thing to do so far. We as Albertans are hard to break and stand tall in the face of any storm!
Old 02-20-2015, 08:20 PM

Hope things turn around quickly for those unfortunate folks who are currently unemployed.

I have had the great displeasure of executing over 100 layoffs since the new year and have 140 more to go before April 1st. It's never easy letting folks go, but in my line of work (industrial construction projects) we strangely get used to working ourselves out of a job and most folks can typically see the finish line so it's not a total shock when the day comes...

J
Old 02-21-2015, 11:39 AM

Unfortunately, I'm back in Regina. I sat for a little over a month, but ended up picking up some local warehouse work as well as some side work for an additional 6 to 10 hours or more a week. I'm thinking of taking the pre-employment instrumentation course at Lakeland in the fall.