Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-11-2013, 10:38 AM

Default Sure loc vs Spott Hog

I bought a new Mathews Creed an I am unsure which site to use. I'm between the Spott Hog hunter and the Sure Loc lethal weapon with retina lock. I have always used the Spott hog and really like it but not sure which is the better site. I will be using the site for hunting and some 3 d shooting. I want a durable site as I do a lot of spot and stalk hunting and tree stand hunting.
Looking for input.
Thanks
Old 04-11-2013, 11:06 AM

Default which sight?

Can't speak for the Sure loc but I have Spot-Hogg sights and they are pretty bomb proof and well made, fit and finish is great. Can you go look at them side by side to compare? You know the old saying if it ain't broke don't fix it!
You know you will be happy with the Spot-Hogg but un sure about the other sight. Good luck, Cheers Roscoe
Old 04-11-2013, 11:40 AM

I have an older Sure-loc lethal weapon and I know someone that has a newer Lethal Weapon sight. Both of our experiences with the lethal weapon is good other than the fact that the pins/fibres are not as durable as some other sights. If you want a sight that is micro adjustable and comparable in price, check out the Spot Hogg-Hogg It sight. It comes in 5 or 7pin and is all adjustable. I just ordered one and the pins seem tougher. I've heard great reviews on the sight and I know several friends that have been very happy with the sight. Attached image of Hogg-It
-Craig
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spott hogg hogg it.jpg (13.9 KB, 17 views)
Old 04-11-2013, 11:44 AM

axcel all the way.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:19 PM

I chose the Hogg-it over the sure loc for a couple reasons. The warranty. You can customize your pin set up when you order it, pin size color/ color order. I went with top 2 pins at .19 and bottom 3 at .10 and alternating green and red. And also accessories. The Hogg-it was the only hunting set up I could find that had an available lense kit to put right on it if I wanted.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:34 PM

Default Sight

I have been leaning toward the Spott Hog bit I liked the idea of the retina lock to try an get the best shouting form possible but I'm not really sure how well the system works. Seems like a very busy sight trying to keep the bow level and getting the black dot in the middle. Anybody have any experience with this. May be a lot to try and do in a hunting situation.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:54 PM

Default Spot-Hogg Hoggit

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig_temple View Post
I have an older Sure-loc lethal weapon and I know someone that has a newer Lethal Weapon sight. Both of our experiences with the lethal weapon is good other than the fact that the pins/fibres are not as durable as some other sights. If you want a sight that is micro adjustable and comparable in price, check out the Spot Hogg-Hogg It sight. It comes in 5 or 7pin and is all adjustable. I just ordered one and the pins seem tougher. I've heard great reviews on the sight and I know several friends that have been very happy with the sight. Attached image of Hogg-It
-Craig
I have that exact sight for sale on Archery Talk in the Canadian section, only been there for a day or so(5 pin) Cheers Roscoe